Home

Imperial Walkers On The North Ridge

{xg}darthVADER

Originally posted by wedge2211

Well, as to the trailer...Jerk-O-Vision "spectator" cinemtography and you love shots of walkers sitting in one spot shooting way too much. On the other hand, I liked seeing how the Raven-made AT-ST's footsteps don't sync with its motion while the modded AT-AT's do. :)

For the map--I still think the snowfield is empty, but that doesn't look so bad with the giant vehicles running around in it. The puffy things on the trench lips are still really really strange looking, and there were some wierd patch sparklies in that arched tunnel in the snow--little things that could really be improved easily. After watching ESB, there's also a lot of extra "stuff" on the hangar floor--and I hope there's more to this map than just the snowfield and the hangar!

Definitely some kudos for the falling walkway and landing shuttle--interactivity is a BIG plus.

This just needs a little more polishing.

just the snowfield and the hanger?

i dont think so

there is an other hanger on the other side of the base and a vast tunnel network leading upto that hanger

also some nice idea's i had were (these were taking from the original idea's from lucas)

in the tunnel network there wil be some doors wich have signs on them saying danger do not enter behidn these doors are wampa's that broke into the base earlyer the rebels can remove these signs from the doors wand lets the imperials walk into a trap

a reason for the imperials to go trough these doors is they are a faster way to the other hanger

in wich the empire needs to lock down the main hanger doors so the last few transports cant escape

and i agee there should be more on the ground of the hanger and there will be soon

an other idea i had was making alot of the enviorment destructible such as being able to shoot edges off walls

causing a cave in in the tunnels

and more stuff like this

and i wil see what i can do with the trenches but dont expect too much change.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm, the use of it, maybe because the map is big, and if rebels want to move ouside, they can use TaunTauns to move faster.

Or when people play it on FFA, then they can use Tauntauns 2.

I mean, from the look of the trailer, it looks huge.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, the Rebel Transport is now 95% finished. I've made it into an .md3 and everything seems to be in place. Just have to write the shader code and and test it out in Radiant to make sure it all works properly!

It's going to be a public release though, just in case anyone else wants to use it or turn it into a vehicle or something...

But will send it to you directly its finsihed, before I upload it the public servers...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i'll be releasing this map very soon only a ffa and team ffa version tho i might make the siege version later

anyways i keep getting an error when i load it

i get the error BG_getvehiclemodelname:

couldnt find vehicle snow-speeder-tfp

but i have that file installed and in the pk3 what can i do?

Archived