Home

New Ideas For The Game WE ALL WANT

DK_Viceroy

Building Bonuses when grouped ever thought of that

The idea came to mind when i was looking around a mod for generals zero hour called blitzkrieg 2 made at http://www.derelictstudios.net .

Well anyway it's a WW2 mod and someone mentiojned the ruhr and industry, I asked what the Ruhr was and they said it was an potnetly industrial valley because the industries were clustered. That sounds very similar to the Geonosian droid Foundries. I thought that maybe we could give some unqiue civ bonuses for buildings, Perhaps to the effect of if you clustered production buiuldings together you could get some bonuses from that.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes down to it, the only thing I REALLY want in the next RTS is a more faithful representation of the movies we all know and love.

Bright green Nova Crystals? WTF were they thinking?

PS: Good to have you back Viceroy. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we missed your lack of punctuation. ;)

After consulting the relevant gosphels i have come to the conclusion that the Hutt Cartell is viable as a civilisation

but first, I must ask does anyone here play Imperium Galactica 2 If they do they'll know what i'm talking about.

I envisage the Hutt Cartell as something like the Shinari Republic, better at espionage, sabotage and trade while having some unqiue military abilities to shore up a relatively weak military.

Though it kills me to say it Vostoks vision will propably be the best framework since it seems the best out of all the ideas. We could even begin thinking about what the buildings would look like.

Vostok's idea seems to be the best because it's well thought out and has some good ideas importantly it's unique however the main thing is

It's THE ONLY ONE THAT IS ACTUALLY FINISHED.

Of course you eagerly await my design, I'm a genius. :)

Actually now that I have everything thought out I just need to get it all into the word pad and arranged nice and proper so I can get it distilled and give it to someone at Lucas Arts, they will of course adopt and use it.

Doing calculations for building times and such is irritating to say the least, especially since most will need to be changed. Anyway in the end its the same as life in general, they want to do something and make money from it, all things considered most of the people in this situation will want to make a good game because they get paid peanuts and wouldn't be making games if they didn't love it.

You can only claim yourself to be a genius when you have more posts than vostok.

For game plan's you don't calculate game times that's being a smart ass and no one likes them.

You sound like windu and vostok when they were talking about theirs ages ago one line i remember

"Award winning Star wars RTS made from the Infamous DarthWindu Plan"

still makes me laugh.

Now i'd love to see you do better pezzy but i doubt you will i suggest instead of wasting your time and coming up with something similar to windu's you join other people in the fourm in coming up with a unified forum game plan based off vostok's.

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

You can only call yourself a genius when you have more posts than vostok.

For game plan's you don't calculate game times that's being a smart ass and no one likes them.

You sound like windu and vostok when they were talking about theirs ages ago one line i remember

"Award winning Star wars RTS made from the Infamous DarthWindu Plan"

still makes me laugh.

Now i'd love to see you do better pezzy but i doubt you will i suggest instead of wasting your time and coming up with something similar to windu's you join other people in the fourm in coming up with a unified forum game plan based off vostok's.

Actually I can call myself a genius when my I.Q. breaks 200, which it did. I don't see my intelligence relating in any fashion to the number of posts I have made or vice versa.

As for calculating game times, theres nothing wrong with being thorough.

As to windu and vostok gloating, I never saw it I wasn't here, about the one liner, I didn't see anything that would justify saying that but I'll stray from insulting people and you can't compare his or vostoks to mine because you havn't seen mine.

To your last paragraph I have spent time over the past 14 days working on my template and it has surpassed the others since that time, what I am doing now is finishing up a bit of the writing and some of the building times, I imagine I did it that fast because I have had a lot of these ideas for a while and I didn't need a lot of time to think about it.

After I do that I will arrange it in power point or word and distill it in adobe, then perhaps I'll get mauluk to give it to his buddy at LA or I'll find one of their email adresses and send it to them.

The only consideration is Episode three, I am assuming not much will need to be changed except for a few history files and propably a couple of units and a building or two, the campaigns are a given.

Join with the community?

Democracy works for nations not design groups DK, my template will be done relatively soon and presentable shortly there after with considerations to what the engine needs to do and what features and game modes are going in. I have done this for free because I want to play the damn game that I made and I know the one they would make wouldn't be as good. I know this because I am a capable, logical person who understands the variables.

ON TOPIC: I think multiple pop costs are a given for the next game, most superior RTS games use multiple pop costs to balance things out and make the army compositions a lot more realistic.

OFF TOPIC: Puzzlebox, I'd be interested to know exactly how you are aware of you're IQ, since most official IQ Tests do not reveal your results to you. Surely as the genius you are you are aware of this, so I'm just curious how you know.

Well i think we can all agree that lucasarts will not use puzzleboxes plan that is about 1 in a million

I think for the next star wars game they should have a leader system like i suggested a while back. Sorta like the ZH generals without the gneral point system and nothing else from ZH but the leader should be selectable ingame like Aom. Propably called commanding officer and each commanding officer would give you some of the normal set of units for that civ and then take away some put more in and give special upgrades.

Also if the purists wanna get their panties in a twist about naming the commanding officer's i'm planning to give suggestions of in film ones

Rebel Aliance

General Jan Dodona

General Antilles

General Skywalker

Imperial Navy

General Maximillian Veers

Admiral Motti { I think that's what the admiral on the death star was called at least }

Darth Vader

Galactic Republic

General Kenobi

General Yoda

General Skywalker { Anakin Of Course }

Speratist

General Grevious

General Poggle

General Taan

Hutt Cartel

Dejadisc Besadaii

Dejadisc Desilijic

Dejadisc Tiure

For the Hutts only 1 of those is from the film and that's tiure Jabba's Dejadisc for the huitt cartell i've changed it so your reporting to a certain Dejadisc Or faction and as you advance through the levels{tech level} They will as all others will transmit technology to help you combat the increased threat

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

ON TOPIC: I think multiple pop costs are a given for the next game, most superior RTS games use multiple pop costs to balance things out and make the army compositions a lot more realistic.

OFF TOPIC: Puzzlebox, I'd be interested to know exactly how you are aware of you're IQ, since most official IQ Tests do not reveal your results to you. Surely as the genius you are you are aware of this, so I'm just curious how you know.

Topic:I agree

Off:Actually I didn't know but we'll leave it at I am not a member of the ignorant rabble that inhabit most of the earth like a bunch of unassuming insignificant drones goose-stepping into a bunch of non-descript ant hills.

Archived