Home

New Ideas For The Game WE ALL WANT

DK_Viceroy

Originally posted by Puzzlebox

Off:Actually I didn't know but we'll leave it at I am not a member of the ignorant rabble that inhabit most of the earth like a bunch of unassuming insignificant drones goose-stepping into a bunch of non-descript ant hills.[/b]

Then surely you can use your powers of deduction, which such a genius as yourself must obviously possess, to determine that since we are all posting on a forum to make ourselves heard, listing our own opinions and for the most part disagreeing on most things, that no-one else here is an "insignificant drone" or part of an "ignorant rabble" either.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

Actually, the Air Cruiser costs 2 population, but that's the only one.

Okay, technically Clone Campaigns uses multiple pop costs, but obviously I meant a bit more extensive multiple-pop-costing than that of the Air Cruiser.

Viceroy, I missed your post earlier about the Generals. On the whole I'm not very enthusiastic about the idea since it is too much like Zero Hour and AoM. Any suggestions for what bonus each one would get?

OK vostok i'll post the leaders for each here there's only 3 for the moment but we can have more or less and i haven't come up with ideas for all of them yet

Rebel Aliance

General Jan Dodona

General Jan Dodonna Is best at making the best out of a bad situation thanks to skillful deploymenty of the scarce few heavy firepower uits in the alliance with skillfull support of x-wings and b-wings since he iis used to commanding just those aircraft he is reluctant to try and insert the A,B and E wings into his strategy so he doesn't get them. he prefers to preserve his forces only commiting when absoloutly nessacery and relies on superior intelligence to deploy his meager resources

Classification: Intelligence Firepower

General Antilles

Gets Starfighter bonuses all aircraft trained as veterans cheaper faster and in general better

Classifcation: Fighters

General Skywalker

Good at commando tactics X-wings have no targeting Computers but their accuracy ratio is better because of luk's power of the force. Jedi have the special ability to make troops work together better by using force co-ordination. His commandos are also stealthed and are generally better and also gets mounted commandos as well as the ability to enlist the locals.

Classification: Commandos Terrain Advanatages

Imperial Navy

General Maximillian Veers

Gets access to walkers which are trained as veterans gets an Walker Construction facility that would replace the imperial mechanised production factory where walkers are constructed. would get variuos upgrades like Improved Gyros that would allow walkers to move faster and fire while moving. Also gets the stormtrooper commando { snowtrooper inspired } He is unable however to mount effective sieges and relies on fast attacks being very vulnerable to hit and run.

Classification: Walkers Fast Attacks

Admiral Motti

Admiral Motti beleives in Sheer weight of numbers due to the vast untapped resources of manpower in the empire he has developed Enchanced training regimes that allow half trained forces to be employed in the filed with experienced units which completes their training and helps make them a deadly asset. He also uses the same with TIE fighters using swarm after swarm off there swift fighters in an attempt to wear them down. He gets access to the repulsolift line of tanks Since general Veers is the walker expert

Darth Vader

Gets access to advanced technologies since he is the Emporer's Right hand man he gets access to The TIE Advanced X1 and later the TIE Defender {Very Expensive (for a fighter) but worth it} can train the imperial royal red guard. Gets advanced factories but units have less health and are more likely to defect due to the dark lords treatment of his men. Dark jedi can also have a similar effect to Luke skywalkers jedi except That once the dark jedi is killed the forces it was co-ordinating get lower statistics than before due to over reliance on them. He gets access to the repulsolift line of tanks Since general Veers is the walker expert

Classification: Advanced Technology And Raw Firepower Dark Jedi

Galactic Republic

General Kenobi

All rocket firing units run out quicker and have a slower rate of fire and reload but slightly greater accuracy his jedi starfighters are equipped with sonic mines after seeing how effectively the late jago fett used his. however his perceptiveness allows him to use uplink ceners to slowly reveal the area around enemy buidlings but this progress halts if power fails and is restarted if infiltrated Gets

CLassification: Siege And Intelligence

General Yoda

All units get greater armour General yoda gets access to the advanced AT-XT prototype and all units will fire faster when injured because of yodas inspirational leadership but unfortunatly General yodas airforce is lacking in equipment due to his preffered aircraft being the gunship and gunship transport. He is however the only general in the game to get jedi masters. Which have a very minor version of luke skywalkers and darth vaders force co-ordination abilities

Classification: Jedi Infantry And Support

General Skywalker { Anakin Of Course }

Gets the upgraded jedi starfighter { clone wars shorts } all units get a shorter line of sight all units move faster and atack faster while they all cost more but build faster. However he does not get access to some of the more advanced upgrades and advanced units but he does get the Torrent class starfighter and gets some technologies other republic generals do not.

Classification: Advanced Fighter Technology And Engineer Officer

Speratist

General Grevious

Not Much is known about General Greviuos so as more details are released about him and after episode 3 is released analyis of his tactics will allow him to be classified. Possibly Droids and their effective application to the field and their upgrades based on his own components.

General Poggle

Poggle being from geonosis gets an almost completly different set of buildings that look like they're from geonosis His production facilities are the most expensive in the game but are underground with only the entrace on the surface and builds units faster quicker and slightly cheaper but only when production foundires are clustered in groups of 3 or more his foundries can also be equipped with multiple exits increasing unit cost by half but allowing another one of that unit for free. he gets the geonosain warrior, Fanblade Fighter sonic cannon and gets a bonus to research however his activities are often very hard to conceal and thus has no stealth capabilities and his Geonosain fighters alothough increadibly effective are more expensive.

Classification: Production And Sonic Technology

General Taan

General Taan a master of training and tactics and especially deception She hails from the Chiss Consortium and can Build Chiss bodyguards to protect sites of great importance. Also due to the fact it was she who stole the decimator designs she can also construct these however due to materials being needed for her decimators units will be less well armed and armoured and sverely damaged units have a chance of blowing up when if attacked. to compensate for this she can disguise her troops when in large groups.

Classification: Ambush Infiltrartion and Decimators

Sorry Viceroy, I'm firmly against the Hutt Cartel's inclusion. The game should be about the huge-scale battles Star Wars is famous for, and the Hutt Cartel just doesn't take part in huge battles. The fight their wars insidiously with single assassins and bounty hunters taking out the heads of competing organisations. So they don't really fit in my mind as a civ.

I have however included them as one of my minor civs.

Your Generals sound okay, but does it say there that Yoda is the only one to get AT-TEs? What's up with that? Every Republic General should have access to the AT-TE, it's a mainstay.

The Syndicate

Founded by the criminal overlord Babar the Hutt, the framework of the Syndicate is several thousand years older than the Republic itself. The Syndicate exists in various forms on nearly every planet in the galaxy. Designed to be a decentralized mass of loosely affiliated criminal organizations every effort to eliminate the entity has ended in total failure despite countless attempts by both the Jedi Order and Republican Guard in the years following the formation of the Republic.

The Syndicate reached it's peak under Prince Xizor, whose control of the Black Sun Society and alliance with the Empire allowed him to eliminate a number of his adversaries and centralize the organization. He later found himself at odds with the Emperor and was killed by Darth Vader on board his personal skyhook in the midst of a massive battle above the skies of Coruscant.

Following Xizors death what remained of the Syndicates oligarchs were rounded up and eliminated, it's influence was soon lost on many of the outer rim worlds whose tyrants gave little creedence to the crippled organization.

Like I said, they will use mine.:atat::lightning

Well it's good you have so much confidence in yourself, since the rest of us don't ;)

I'm eagerly anticipated the release of this design... when I released mine I did it in stages, releasing the overview first then each civ over a period of time. This way people could comment on each bit as it came up, and not have to comment on the whole lot in one go. Perhaps you could do the same thing?

Your template is a very small amount of work. There isn't that much material at all.

Where are your techs?

I don't want to release all of mine or small pieces of mine to view, it is very good and would make a great game, if LA does nothing with it then I'll give one of you the pdf. I'll be done with everything within the month.

You should make yours more complete, but even if you did if you put the entire thing up they aren't going to make it after yours either because...everything would be up.

Guest DarthMaulUK

With the new game under way, i have informed Lucasarts of the ideas floating around from the community and to take a peek.

Whether or not they do, is another matter. They listened last time, but that was when Garry Gaber was involved and he worked extremely hard with the playing community.

DMUK

that's ok even though i'd finally seen a point in the hutt cartell where the generals would get jawa engineers that could salvage wrecks on the battlefiled and when they salvaged enough they could buiold a jury-rigged version of it.

The syndicate is made up comepletly the only thing in there that even exists in EU is Black sun and that dwindled to insignificance starting from just before the battle of Endor.

Which bits of the leader idea do you like most and which bits don't you like if there's anything that would be a problem i could change it.

For yoda i've changed my mind about making the AT-TE just for him instead he could get the AT-XT. He seems to be better at ground force co-ordination than anything else that's why for air he's just getting the gunship and gunship transport.

I invisage the tech evel system to remain but under a different name.

Priority Levels it would fit in under large scale battles with the galaxy being at war. Each sides high command would transmit the designs and advanced research projects each time you increased the priority level due to increased need on the battle filed. It would be done by transmitting VIA an Uplink Center that would require engineers to operate. The cost of upgrading priority levels would be used to upgrade the uplink center to be able to receve the information quickly without it being intercepted by enemis on the battefiled.

You're asking me?

I'll give a few thoughts.

1.Generals need to go, Master Yoda or Luke Skywaler are much better references, I see your point behind the general classifacation but it does more harm than good.

2.Jawa thing would be a real problem unless it went in with the normal working of the game i.e. units stayed there broken down until decaying away, this would be more to process though and if you want it in just for the jawas then it should go.

3.I struggled with the tech thing as well, very annoying.

4.Priority levels or how you have it working would be good for a slower paced game, could be worked with though.-Scratch this, I fully read your thing, good idea, I have something sort of similar in mine, it makes players feel like they are part a larger battle. This was your aim for entire game I believe.

5.The veterans and experience idea again for slower paced games, scenario design gets clotty too, and I really couldn't have that. If you got it implemented well enough into the game a lot of people still wouldn't end up wanting to play with it.

6.Too much classifacations, it's fun to write them in as it is an extention of playing it but if you make the heroes follow that it gets restrictive and intimidating for players, particularly if some of the classifacations don't fully relate to the game.

You could have some sort optional select a commander feature where you selected a hero in the menu and you got the hero for play.

General Veers

--------------------------------------------

-Imperial Walker projects cost 30% less and are completed instantly

-Mechs are created 50% faster and cost half as much

-Construction time for buildings is increased 30%

-Overall resource collection is reduced by 10%

-Defensive structures cost 50% more

-Flight school research times are doubled

Tech Bonus

Advanced Walker Tactics-AT-AT's fire 25% faster

Rapid Deployment-Air and mech transports move 40% faster and have improved armor

Tech Penalty

Tie armor-Tie fighters gain armor

Aerial Tactics-Aircraft fire 25% faster

Probably ipsy but I did it on the fly.

Not a bad suggestion for veers though i think we should keep the leader system because i think it also makes the apperance of a grander battle because instead of fighting for what is in essence a faceless group your reporting to a commanding officer with their own quirks strategies prefeernces as well as strengths and weaknessess.

The classifications i put in just to give an overall idea of what they would be geared towards and tried to base it in a way we could all agree on.

For the hero i sort of had a similar idea where you could Summon your commanding officer to the filed to help improve the situation. the cost you would pay would be the cost of ferrying him to the battlefiled in secret and would arrive at the spaceport analogue. While on the field he would greatly increase the regular strengths you would get for fighting under his command but if he/she got killed those bonuses would fall below their original levels for a period of time.

When the commanding officer got killed { he wouldn't really be } he would apear as if on a strecher {Like Dodonna was in the game} and the area around him would be cleaered/strafed and a transport would then land and ferry him away but after a while you could summon him back at double the cost.

Veterancy i think would come in handy because some games turn into long drawn out sloggs that usually takes a very long time for the tie to be broken we maybe could look at how other games do veterancy and then decide on a system that could work.

and yes i meant you too i meant everyone on the forum because if we all agree on one thing that's a start to us all agreeing on other things. our ideas will be taken more seriuosly if we all agree on them and arn't all saying LA will use mine or it won't use fred bloggs idea it's too simple and other things like that.

So Puzzlebox you're saying you aren't going to show us your template at all? Well that is certainly a disappointment. I would have thought someone as intelligent as yourself would see the benefits of comments from people who have been discussing the next Star Wars RTS for about 2 years now.

I thought I'd direct your attention to the last section under the heading "FEEDBACK ON OUR WEBSITE" on this page: http://www.lucasarts.com/contact/

Though I'm sure a genius such as yourself is already fully aware of legal obligations of creative companies when it comes to intellectual property.

1.I'm not submitting anything through the normal routes. Thats not my kind of thing.

2.The legal prospects and what will have to be done with certain third parties and licenses will be included in what I give them.

3.I didn't say I wasn't going to let you see it, I said if they do nothing with it you can.

arn't you being incredibly over optimistic to the point of blind Hopeefulness why should they pay anyone on this froum for an idea when they can come up with them, themselves without paying anyone.

Certain third parties and liscenes are you out of your mind Lucasarts OWNS the licenses to star wars games and They distribute them you would have no negotiating point they'd think you were tiehr incredibly daft or incredibly arrogant. i would reccomend that you don't do anything like that since it would reflect very badly on this forum.

Archived