Home

Patch Mesh Woes

Usurpo

Hey guys, Usurpo here with yet another screwy error. This time, it involves a patch mesh. I tried creating one out of a brush, but it just turns red! No texture! I tried inverting it, but the red just went away! If I de-seclect it and try to re-seclect it, it won't show. What am I doing wrong, and how can I create a successful path mesh?

UPDATE: Not unly patch meshes, but any kind of curves! Eek!

Where can I upload a screenshot? And as I said, its not just Patch Meshes. Cylinders also are frizing on me...I try to open a new map and create a cylinder out of a 52x52x52 cube, it turns into a red cylinder. No texture. When I click elsewhere to unselect it then try to re-select it, it doesn't work.

Error_screenshot.bmp

That shows me making a 52x52x52 square and texturing it with the first texture under 'Bounty'. I then hit 'Cylinder' under the curves option, and that is what I got. As soon as I clicked my mouse (see location on pic) the cylinder dissapeared, and could not be re-selected.

You didn't post this at PcGamemods forums under a different name did you?

i cant make curves he just delets them wen i deselct it

make a curve and deselect it. Then press ctrl+p and see if it reapears :)

sounds alot like what is hapening here...

Have you got patch meshes set to be invisible, I know you said you can re-select or I think I know you said but go into the View menu and check.

If you're having major problems re-selecting visible meshes then totally uninstall and re-install Radiant. I have had that problem before and I never found out how to fix it, but a clean install got it working again.

Originally posted by EvilJedi

Many peoples have that problem. I had it with models, every time I hear a problem like this I say "You filtered it out so it doesn't show.." sadly. LK beat me to it :p

about a month after I started mapping I learned how to use detail brushes and I loaded my map up to find half of the brushes MISSING! I totally freaked out until I went on a forum and found out I had filtered them out ^_^"

Filter is actually a fantastic tool. Especially when you get into the more complex maps with lots of terrain and models. You made a func_breakable out of a corner piece of wall or maybe a piece of rock? Filter entities...now you can texture the caulked area without moving the breakable entity. That goes for ANY entity. :D

Originally posted by lauser

Filter is actually a fantastic tool. Especially when you get into the more complex maps with lots of terrain and models. You made a func_breakable out of a corner piece of wall or maybe a piece of rock? Filter entities...now you can texture the caulked area without moving the breakable entity. That goes for ANY entity. :D

i use H

H=hide:D

Originally posted by zag

i use H

H=hide:D

Yeah I don't recommend this function. If you forget what you've hidden it can become a problem. Besides you have to physically select an item to hide it. If you are doing something in the immediate vicinity then yes, otherwise I don't find it very useful.

Archived