AOTC too mushy?

Evil Dark Jedi

Is AOTC too mushy  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is AOTC too mushy

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by Achilles

I'd take Hayden's acting over Jake Lloyd's any day.

YIPPEE!

;) He's just a kid and yet Jake can still act better than you lol

I think the level of acting is about the same as most of the characters in the OT, just that it's the 21st century where cheesiness and all that is more frowned upon and detected than back in the 70s/80s...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lynk Former

;) He's just a kid and yet Jake can still act better than you lol

I think the level of acting is about the same as most of the characters in the OT, just that it's the 21st century where cheesiness and all that is more frowned upon and detected than back in the 70s/80s...

That's a lame argument if I've ever heard one :D

I don't claim to be an actor and I don't think I should have to be an actor to have an opinion regarding his ability. There are good child actors out there. Jake's performance in TPM leads me to believe that he is not one of them.

I do agree with you that his was not the only poor performance in the history of Star Wars, but again, it's king of the hill in my book :)

That's a lame argument if I've ever heard one :D

I don't claim to be an actor and I don't think I should have to be an actor to have an opinion regarding his ability. There are good child actors out there. Jake's performance in TPM leads me to believe that he is not one of them.

Don't complain...you haven't seen the French version :rolleyes::D ... it looks like they've taken a kid that was just learning to read to make the voice over for Anakin...

(BTW, I've seen the English version too)

What about young Boba Fett's acting?

I think this one should not have been in the movie, regardless of the acting...Showing all the characters when they were younger contributes to the "cheesiness" of the movie. (Luckily, I barely remember this part) :rolleyes:

*pokes you in the eye*

What about young Boba Fett's acting?

His three lines? I think they were wonderful because none of them contained the word "yippee" in them :eyeraise:

Had the story been about Boba Fett I might have cared/had higher expectations. I'm sure that Jake Lloyd is a wonderful child but I have to ask myself "what was George thinking" every time I see his face when he's delivering that, "I'm a person and my name is Anakin" line.

*shudders*

His three lines? I think they were wonderful because none of them contained the word "yippee" in them :eyeraise:

Had the story been about Boba Fett I might have cared/had higher expectations. I'm sure that Jake Lloyd is a wonderful child but I have to ask myself "what was George thinking" every time I see his face when he's delivering that, "I'm a person and my name is Anakin" line.

*shudders*

I prefered jake lloyd to the other final auditions (wath the ep1 extras). It was either jake lloyd or those crack babies that were auditioning.

Originally posted by Darth333

I think this one should not have been in the movie, regardless of the acting...Showing all the characters when they were younger contributes to the "cheesiness" of the movie. (Luckily, I barely remember this part) :rolleyes:

I agree, I think this was just a case of George Lucas caving into the demands of the Boba Fett fans. :D

Originally posted by Darth333

What are you talking about I was a great actor. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Codja X

It was pretty embarrassing, which is strange really beacuse the ESB romance was handled pretty well. But saying that, Anakin is no Han Solo.

So your saying that an 18 year old virgin Anakin dealing for the first time with only girl he ever had crush on should be just as smooth and experienced as a 32 year old Han Solo? I'm not saying the directing was gold, but Anakin is even less experienced in this area than someone else the same age.

In terms of a young teen new to the whole "dating" thing, I say the characterization was more or less spot on. If anyone thinks they were smoother at the same stage, you are fooling yourself. :)

Anakin is emotionally all over the place. Unlike other Padawans his age, he knew his mother and has a deep attachment and regret for not being with her. He fell completely in love with Padme, and is haunted by her - but realizes she views him as this little boy. He has some special status as 'chosen one' which gives him access to the Jedi Council his peers do not, but puts him at odds with his peers - he fits in nowhere. He has a father figure in Obi-Wan, but there is much that Obi cannot do for Anakin. He has survived by being arrogant and rash and brash ... and those are hard lessons to forget.

When he sees Padme, he becomes impulsive and impetuous ... seeing her blow him off makes him want to prove himself.

He is pulled in multiple directions the whole movie, and is in an emotional state where he can barely handle one direction. I think that Hayden nailed the performance - moody, sullen, whiny arrogant, and so on ... all rolled in one.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Pho3nix

I think that GL (George Lucas) did make a BIG mistake adding those "love" scenes to AOTC. I mean in 4,5,6 the romance between Han and Leia just fitted in, and it seemed natural. But love between a Jedi and some nice girl just doesn't fit.

Bad boy:tsk:. Lol like how i changed your quote. ;P...lol you're right though

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Pho3nix

I think that GL (George Lucas) did make a BIG mistake adding those "love" scenes to AOTC. I mean in 4,5,6 the romance between Han and Leia just fitted in, and it seemed natural. But love between a Jedi and some know-it-all bitch just doesn't fit.

Wow I didnt know this thread was still around. I completely agree with you.

• 1 year later...

Archived