Home

Something wrong with EMI Launcher

woodenstool

So I've done the complete installation for EMI. I run the EMI Launcher and I change the resolution to 1600x1200, and the patch is initiated with no errors. I make sure that the "run original exe" is deselected. Then i click play full screen. The mouse goes busy, and it looks like the comp. is going to do something (and the screen flickers a bit) , then, nothing. Nothing happens; it's like i didn't click the play button in the first place.

I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks.

That means the patch hasnt worked correctly.

I need more info:

What version of EMI? (what language)

Is it patched with the official lec patch (see options menu)

Have you tried a lower resolution than 1600x1200?

Does EMI work normally for you without the resolution patch?

I have the english version of EMI. It is patched. I have tried lower res. like 1280 x 1024. EMI works normally when using the original exe, both from the launcher and the original game launcher.

First i installed EMI (complete), then i installed EMI Launcher, then I patched it by going to LucasArts.com and finding it myself. I am sure i choose the correct language for the patch (eng.).

Will that help you help me? Thanks.

um, how exactly do i go about doing that?

Oh, and off topic:

Is it complicated and difficult to d/l the number of components, set up/compile, and use SCUMMVM, for someone that doesn't have any knowledge of programming? In the readme, i see all these "command lines" and prefixes and suffixes, etc.

Will files be disbursed throughout the system if i screw up?

Thanks for the email. Your Monkey4.exe is exactly the same as mine and it patches correctly.

The problem is something on your system that cant run the new file with the higher resolution, possibly to do with your graphics card. I dont really know of any solution since I cant replicate this problem.

Amazingly, i got it to work just now by playing the patched .exe with windows 98 compatibility mode (i have xp). But there are a couple distracting things about this higher res. It seems the cutscenes were rendered at a lower res. and so they play in a small frame, with a big "screenshot" of the last scene before the cutscene started. Also, the 3D objects and characters don't fit the backgrounds anymore: Guybrush walks on air when he's standing on the "patio" of the SCUMM BAR, the manhole cover in lucre is. is floating above the hole, Doors have huge gaps beneath them. So all the objects are smaller, or are the backgrounds too big? Perhaps they are of a smaller res? And the font is harder to read, it's crisp but "garbled". Should i be expecting these things when playing at a higher res.?

Archived