Home

When?!?!?!?!?!

n.kT3M4

When well that sequel come out?!?!?!  

7 members have voted

1. 1. When well that sequel come out?!?!?!

• Feb 05
    • Winter 05

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Achilles

He also confirmed that the 6 lightsaber components will be upgrades :D

Drat... stuck with the same lame-old saber handles then! :(

I mean if they really are having a selection of new saber handles for us to choose from they could have at least let us see one of them by now, in one of their screenshots... Oh well.

But they've already said that you won't start the game with a Lightsaber.

But you will have one when you complete the mini-quest they are going to have to get one, and that would most likely be in the beginning part of the game, as we are going to be a Jedi from the get-go.

That's what I was talking about. :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

But you will have one when you complete the mini-quest they are going to have to get one, and that would most likely be in the beginning part of the game, as we are going to be a Jedi from the get-go.

That's what I was talking about. :D

I don't think it's going to be that easy. The article in CGM said that they are going to make it hard to get it. I'm willing to bet that you don't get it any earlier in TSL than you did in KotOR.

I don't think it's going to be that easy. The article in CGM said that they are going to make it hard to get it. I'm willing to bet that you don't get it any earlier in TSL than you did in KotOR.

Actually, as I recall, they said you will have to search for your lightsaber. I took that to mean your original saber from your time as a jedi before the game. That doesn't mean that you can't use someone else's saber from near the start.

Just a thought.

Actually, as I recall, they said you will have to search for your lightsaber. I took that to mean your original saber from your time as a jedi before the game. That doesn't mean that you can't use someone else's saber from near the start.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Morgan_Hearst

Just a thought.

From page 79 of June's EGM:

"You start out as a Jedi-no more training with Yoda look-alikes, as in the original- but that doesn't mean you'll have all your powers (being an exile tends to put you out of touch with the Force) or even a lightsaber right away. 'The lightsaber's the thing,' says Avellone. 'You should have to work for it - it make you feel that much better once you actually have it.'"

From page 79 of June's EGM:

"You start out as a Jedi-no more training with Yoda look-alikes, as in the original- but that doesn't mean you'll have all your powers (being an exile tends to put you out of touch with the Force) or even a lightsaber right away. 'The lightsaber's the thing,' says Avellone. 'You should have to work for it - it make you feel that much better once you actually have it.'"

I have absolutely no problem "Working for it" but, it should all be handled very early on in the game.

This weapon is your life - Obi-Wan

It should be our first game priority to acuire/build a lightsaber... even over the game story itself. I know that is how I'm going to play it.

Just my 2 cents. :D

I have absolutely no problem "Working for it" but, it should all be handled very early on in the game.

I understand that this is your stance. I disagree and on top of that, I get the strong impression that this won't be the case. It certainly isn't worth fighting over though :D

It should be our first game priority to acuire/build a lightsaber... even over the game story itself. I know that is how I'm going to play it.

Well, I hope you have that option. It seems like you will be very disappointed if you don't :)

People didn't like JK2 for that reason. They wanted to be a Jedi and have a fancy flashlight from the begining. Of cource in DF, you didn't have any force powers or flashlight, and in JK, you didn't get your flashlight until about the same time, so they are too picky.

As for your second thing... If it is part of the story line, then you can't very well aquire it over the story :p. That is how I plan to play it also. I like my two flashlights (with duracell's! :D) and must have them ASAP.

Also, that is the beauty of RPGs. You can play however you want (within the game's design) and play through it (in many, many, many different ways) over and over and over and over and over....

:fett:

I understand that this is your stance. I disagree and on top of that, I get the strong impression that this won't be the case. It certainly isn't worth fighting over though :D

Well, I hope you have that option. It seems like you will be very disappointed if you don't :)

No fighting Achillies, I have never said anyone else doesn't have a right to their opinions. :D

With a reasonable story explination as to why the 'long wait' to get a saber, I won't at all be "disappointed" in TSL. It will greatly depend on the story Obsidian is cooking up for us. :yodac:

(Note: In my opinion an unreasonably long wait is roughly the full length that Taris is in KOTOR)

If it is otherwise, as in really stupid reason for the delay in aquisition or construction, I'll just simply cheat for a saber, play it through once LS and DS, and then promptly add the CD to my CD Mobile of useless games! :)

Right next to JK:JA. :D

But with Obsidian's pedegree I really don't see this as possible! :D

Originally posted by Morgan_Hearst

Just a thought.

Read the same thing.... Something about finding your original saber is going to be a difficult, optional sidequest, or something like that. Although, I really don't mind the wait, I kind of dig the Han Solo- kill- with the blaster parts..

I have a feeling OE will let you have one earlier in the game than K1 did. Probably off of a random apprentice kill. Seems to be what most of the fans over at their boards are pushing for.........

Originally posted by FiEND_138

Read the same thing.... Something about finding your original saber is going to be a difficult, optional sidequest, or something like that. Although, I really don't mind the wait, I kind of dig the Han Solo- kill- with the blaster parts..

I have a feeling OE will let you have one earlier in the game than K1 did. Probably off of a random apprentice kill. Seems to be what most of the fans over at their boards are pushing for.........

And that is exactly what I'm hoping for as well FiEND... Being a vetran RPG 'delver' I have no problem at all using a saber I find on any corpse early on. :D

Achillies, just to clairify what I said above, I was simply talking about the time it takes us to aquire a lightsaber... any ol' lightsaber... in the game. :D

Finding our PC's original saber, especially if it is more powerful than the rest, should definately be 'a later on in the story' achievement. :D

Archived