Home

Which scenes are changed on the DVDs, and how?

Doomie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

Well, the emperor in ESB was originally played by a women if I'm not mistaking. And of course nobody could play Ian as good as Ian :p

I do agree that this needed to be changed for continuity (sp?) purposes.

Errr...ironically, Ian played Ian :D

He was the Emperor in the OT, too.

Proof

Originally posted by Achilles

Errr...ironically, Ian played Ian :D

He was the Emperor in the OT, too.

Proof

I know that, I was just messing around with joesdomain because of the way he prased his thoughs...

I just thought the guy who did the original emperor in The Empire Strikes Back just didn't do a good job as Ian!

I know what he meant, but it sounds like he's saying the guy was playing Ian instead of the emperor... ;)

Gotcha...

*had forgotten that we see the Emperor in ESB*

Don't worry Achillies due to the laughable bug-eyed look it was a forgettable moment for a lot of people.

I'm actually glad that in the DVD's Ian is going to do that small part. :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Don't worry Achillies due to the laughable bug-eyed look it was a forgettable moment for a lot of people.

I'm actually glad that in the DVD's Ian is going to do that small part. :D

I'm keeping my hope up for teh cgi Yoda :D

Unfortunately, they proobably would have already let that slip if they were going to do it :(

I'm keeping my hope up for teh cgi Yoda :D

Unfortunately, they proobably would have already let that slip if they were going to do it :(

Actually I'm really hoping to see Yoda in ESB teach Luke a little Saber fighting on Dagobah... from a distance all that could easily be done with CGI.

I mean come on someone had to teach him... and Obi-Wan didn't have enough time on the trip to Alderaan to make Luke good enough to chop Vaders hand off.

Oh well! :D

Actually I'm really hoping to see Yoda in ESB teach Luke a little Saber fighting on Dagobah... from a distance all that could easily be done with CGI.

I mean come on someone had to teach him... and Obi-Wan didn't have enough time on the trip to Alderaan to make Luke good enough to chop Vaders hand off.

Oh well! :D

That would be excellent, but I won't hold my breath for that one.

Neither will I, but I can dream about it... Hmm... continuity... what a sweet irony! :D

Well, this will be the second time that he's changed the OT...perhaps the temptation will be too much for him and he will have to include something that wasn't in the last version.

Well, this will be the second time that he's changed the OT...perhaps the temptation will be too much for him and he will have to include something that wasn't in the last version.

I hope GL does add some extra stuff to bring his 2 trilogies together in a better way... again I can only hope! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently there will in fact be another version coming out when either blu-ray or hd-dvd's win the backing of all the big companies, but it looks like blu-ray has the advantage. I'm also jonesing for blu ray as it can hold up to 35 Gigs in four layers so i think they could get 140 gigs on a blu ray as opposed to HD-DVD's 15 Gigs in two layers which is 30 gigs total. I think that's it, i could be wrong but i know blu ray hold significantly more information, so don't be surorised if you see another star wars dvd hitting the shelves with further changes and deleted scenes in a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

What will really get your noodle boiling is that for the emperor hologram scenes, they replaced the monkey palpatine with Ian Ian McDiarmid..

Replacing Alec with Ewan would have been too time consuming and too much of a hassle whereas the ghost shaw was a simple overlap affect since he really didn't move, same with the emperor.

A quick question, sorry if it's been answered already I just skimmed the thread.

In ESB, when Lukes running out of the cave from the wampa<?> on Hoth & you hear his saber go off but it's still on in the shot. Did they fix that? I realize it's a pretty pointless question as I'll have them this weekend, it's just that they didn't fix it in the SE which surprised me & i'm just curious if they did here :)

Originally posted by FiEND_138

A quick question, sorry if it's been answered already I just skimmed the thread.

In ESB, when Lukes running out of the cave from the wampa<?> on Hoth & you hear his saber go off but it's still on in the shot. Did they fix that? I realize it's a pretty pointless question as I'll have them this weekend, it's just that they didn't fix it in the SE which surprised me & i'm just curious if they did here :)

Nope. It's not fixed. And I never even noticed that gaffe all these years! Ha. Good eye (and ear), there! ; )

It seems like most of the gaffes noticed by fans over the years simply haven't been touched. But the casual viewer won't notice them anyway in most cases.

(Updated the list of changes above)

Thanx for the answer, I've been wondering if they'd touch it up or not since all the images & what not started poppin up on the net. Perhaps an 'easter egg' or GL & Burtt need to get their eyes/ears checked......... Well, they've fixed most of the visuals, maybe the audio will be next for the 'Ultimate Editions' ;)

Updated my post above with the changes I found.

Someone pointed out to me on another forum how (oddly enough) Luke's saber is FIXED to the proper blue on disc 4. Why they didn't use this effect in the actual scene in the movie I'll never know...

bluesaber1.jpg

Compare:

greensaber1.jpg

It's also too bad that they didn't include the PC demo of Battlefront on here, as long as they were putting in the Xbox version. Every disc tries to install InterActual player and has weblinks to Starwars.com so it's not like the PC content isn't there.

Yeah there were a lot of odd colours in ANH, more than you realise too. The Tatooine scenes showed a lot of green around parts when it seemed they tried to clean the video but they just couldn't or it was a result of cleaning the video, I don't know.

But you can't really complain I mean you're trying to restore a movie that's over 20 years old and that doesn't have its original masters available anymore.

I don't know about that. Did they say the original masters didn't exist? I can't remember...

A few other changes I forgot to mention (subtle ones mentioned on other sites):

The "Detention Block" in ANH, the hallways are made to look like they stretch on further.

Also in ANH there is some scene with the twin suns of Tatooine that has been altered. I think its when the sun is setting they darken the scene so that it fits. I'd have to check the exact section but I've read it in several places now. Supposedly 24-25 minutes into the movie.

The "Senate and Jedi Temple" are included in the Coruscant celebration scene at the end of ROTJ (though you'd have to point out to me which buildings they are, since without the SE to compare I don't know).

Supposedly in ESB at the 92 minute mark there are a couple of shots of Han in his black jacket that were "corrected" (erased the jacket?) due to some continuity gaffe.

Archived