Home

Loom - remake, petition, fangames?

cappuchok

Having just recently read up on Loom history and finding out that there were indeed two more games planned, I just had to say this:

With fantasy being the current height of fashion in Hollywood and computer gaming (in which it has always been the height of fashion btw), I really think LucasArts could do worse than doing a remake of Loom (with high-res graphics, quality digital music and speech) as well as finally get the two sequels into production and released.

Or maybe this is something that should be better done by Telltale Games, considering their team members (who also worked on Loom and The Forge, right?).

Personally I would be thrilled to finally be able to see and play the whole story from beginning to resolution, and not only to a "temporary", not very satisfying ending like the one in Loom.

Yes I know it's not going to happen, but I just had to say it.

It definitely would be nice, but unfortunately I think LucasArts still has their fingers jammed in their ears and are too busy humming "la la la can't hear you!" to listen to us.

Originally posted by cappuchok

Or maybe this is something that should be better done by Telltale Games, considering their team members (who also worked on Loom and The Forge, right?).

That would be an even better solution, IMHO, since I don't really trust LucasArts not to botch anything related to adventure games at the moment...but it would be fairly difficult, since doesn't LucasArts still hold the copyright to Loom and related characters? I doubt they'd just give it away.

Archived