Home

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Darth Groovy

Well I copped this idea from all the Doom III nuts, and decided this is our arena for those who are faithful to Halo (Best XBOX Game EVER IMO) and anticipating the release of Halo 2!

I already have my collector's edition reserved!

I feel the most exiting feature will be it's online multiplayer, and the ability to use two guns at once!

I have to admit I discoverd this game rather late, I heard alot about it, but I did not get an XBOX until early this summer. Halo was one of the games I bought later. I messed around with it on a display at Best Buy, and it looked really cool! Also alot of my online freinds swore by the game, and all of them assured me, that I would not be dissapointed. What moves Halo? Simple story, yet gripping, excellent cut scenes, but the game moves at a fast pace, even during the cut scenes you have some movement. And the action itself is non-stop and fast paced! You play this game for the exitement and action, but I have to say, the story is decent and original as well. Master Chief is the coolest cat to ever walk down the pike since Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid!

I got it pretty cheap, yet I have not stopped playing it since. It is a VERY fun game, and hard to find a point to stop!

Halo 2 will be even better! I am keeping my Live subscription just for this game alone!

More Info here!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting my live account updated the day Halo 2 comes out. :D

I'm also getting two tvs and 2 Xboxes and 2 friends around to have a whole day of Halo 2 gaming.

I'm not even going to sleep on the day it comes out, I'm gonna be waiting outside the store from like 6:00am in the morning just to get the first copy. Thats how exited I am. Heh... If I can get my account updated I'll be sure to arrange a game between everyone who has Xbox live on Lucasforums. That would be pure ownage! I can't wait to hear all your voices..

And Grooves, Solid Snake is boring compared to Master Chief now that Halo 2 is coming out soon. :D

Originally posted by Pal™

I'm getting my live account updated the day Halo 2 comes out. :D

I'm also getting two tvs and 2 Xboxes and 2 friends around to have a whole day of Halo 2 gaming.

I'm not even going to sleep on the day it comes out, I'm gonna be waiting outside the store from like 6:00am in the morning just to get the first copy. Thats how exited I am. Heh... If I can get my account updated I'll be sure to arrange a game between everyone who has Xbox live on Lucasforums. That would be pure ownage! I can't wait to hear all your voices..

And Grooves, Solid Snake is boring compared to Master Chief now that Halo 2 is coming out soon. :D

Good point! Also, my gamer tag on live is in fact Darth Groovy, so go ahead and add me to your lists, I will be playing Halo 2 like there is no tomorrow.

IMO, Halo 2 will be the most popular Live game ever!!!!

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

IMO, Halo 2 will be the most popular Live game ever!!!!

Just think of how much money Microsoft and Bungie will be making, they'll be rolling in it, even more than they are now!

I'll be sure to add you to my list the day Halo 2 comes out, because I don't really have any games to play with on Xbox live so theres no point updating it now with no games. :|

Ah well, I look forward to talking to you Groovy!

So how cool is this, there's a midnight release for Halo 2 at the place I reserved it, which is in Greeley, an hour and fifteen minute drive from Boulder where I live. So monday night I will drive and get it, but then I'll have to turn right back around and return to Boulder because I have an 8 am lab :crybaby:

I've had Halo 2 reserved since February of 2003. :dozey:

I don't have Live yet*, but I may in the future.

I'm still hoping that Bungie adds some sort of multiplayer feature for the lone wolf, ie. bots.

I saw an interesting post at the gfaq's halo 2 forums regarding multiplayer play w/ai.

Im pretty sure there won't be bots in halo 2,but im also pretty sure there will be some kind of multiplayer mode for people that dont have live or friends (bungie said they 'Have heard the cries of those fans and are currently exploring ways to make the game fun for them as well."

I am thinking they may insert some kind of "create-a-war" mode. In this mode you could pick a certain amount of covenant troops and vehicles...and a certain amount of human allies and vehicles, pick any of the multiplayer levels.....then have a a huge battle.

....This would allow you to create and customize your own epic battles in a variety of ways (weapon type, vehicle type and number, playing as elite or MC, amount of human soldiers, amount of covies, AI difficulty such as heroic or normal, what map you play, etc.).

......of course, you would also be able to utilize the new multiplayer features, as if you were playing a regular MP game (vehicle jacking, dual-wielding, playing as an elite or MC, etc.).

.......Then, Bungie would not have to deal with creating the advanced AI for bots...they could just use the AI from the marines and covies in campaign mode. And the cool thing is, you could, of course, play as master chief and fight along side your marines, ODST's....OR...you could play as an elite fighting along side grunts, brutes, hunters, jackals, and other elites. And Bungie still would wouldnt have to do any tweaking because it's alll basic, single player AI.

Just imagine that huge battle in campaign mode that you have always wanted...but then being able to customize it and play it over an over. Then if Bungie really wanted to impress people, they could make objectives or goals....like both teams try to destory a certain thing in the others base...or one team tries to attack and destory, while the other defends.

I think this would work absolutely flawlessly and should be considered.

Oooh, Halo 2! Sorry, can't resist. There goes my exile.

I just hope It's really coming to PC too...

I saw the trailer enough to make me buy this game as soon as it's there. On PC that is.

You can also hold the Covenant energy sword, and when you target someone (Like homing with a rocket launcher), you leap at him and make an instant kill!

At leat, i think i read that somewhere...

Originally posted by Kain

Well, I work stock at a game retailer, so I actually get dibs on it the day BEFORE it comes out to the public...

...SO HA!!!

Expand your Imagi-Nation

No offense, but those types of posts annoy me the most.:o

I'll be looking forward to Halo 2, I'm just sad because I won't be able to play it Live with Groobeh. :(

@ ET than perhaps the official site IS wrong... I'll see if i can find that, but i'm sure it was that. I mean, choosing between a normal attack and an instant kill is pretty easy, especially if you'd jump towards your target so you won't need to come very close. But we'll see.

I also read (And saw) that you could be Elite in Multiplayer.

well, the way you target with the Rocket launcher is by putting your targetting reticule on the target...so...that's what you do when you shoot things anyways...so it's not like targetting it would be hard. I think the point is that if you do the lunge and miss you are screwed because they'll just shoot you while you're recovering from your missed lunch. The other attack is just a basic melee.

And yes, you can be an elite in MP.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

well, the way you target with the Rocket launcher is by putting your targetting reticule on the target...so...that's what you do when you shoot things anyways...so it's not like targetting it would be hard. I think the point is that if you do the lunge and miss you are screwed because they'll just shoot you while you're recovering from your missed lunch. The other attack is just a basic melee.

And yes, you can be an elite in MP.

Well, everyone knows its impossible to shoot a run away Warthog or ghost with a rocket launcher, so the lock on fixes this problem :D

TiE

Originally posted by TiE 23

Well, everyone knows its impossible to shoot a run away Warthog or ghost with a rocket launcher, so the lock on fixes this problem :D

A runaway ghost is hard to hit, but the rocket launcher was my weapon of choice in halo, I railed people in warthogs all the time.

the lock on thing with the rocket lancher really disposes leading the shot, but whatever, still cool, the ghost has new cool ground effects and has a boost thing which is awesome, you can blow off parts of vehicles and scenery, and there is a new human staionary turret.

Halo is my favourite game of all time.

I highly recommend you read all of the books before Halo 2 comes out, because they are truly excellent and really add to the whole Halo experience.

The Fall of Reach - Prequel to Halo

The Flood - The game story from the view point of all sides including the Covenant

First Strike - Covers the story between Halo 1 & 2

I have my Special Edition Halo 2 pre-ordered, and the day it arrives through my letterbox, is the day I dissapear for a very long time. :)

'Let's paly catch the plasma grenade!'

*Sticks*

'I knew there was a flaw in this game...'

But anyway, i also heard there will be ambient life, so maybe we can go hunting rabbits. Also, the boarding function is one of the things i'm most enthusiastic about. When a arthog or a ghost comes near you, and it slows down, you hop on, kick the driver out and take his place. Just cool.

Also, ghosts will get boosts and warthogs will get horns.

EDIT: hadn't lexx jsut posted before me, this would've made a lot more sense, but okay...

Another EDIT: shouldn't there actually be a general Halo thread? So we can also talk about Halo before 1998, or further plot speculation...

Originally posted by ET Warrior

A runaway ghost is hard to hit, but the rocket launcher was my weapon of choice in halo, I railed people in warthogs all the time.

I love trying to kill a ghost. My favorite technique was standing out in the open, luring the ghost to run over me. Half a second before I get smashed, I crouch beneath it, turn around, and *hopefully* apply a plasma to it's arse.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

I love trying to kill a ghost. My favorite technique was standing out in the open, luring the ghost to run over me. Half a second before I get smashed, I crouch beneath it, turn around, and *hopefully* apply a plasma to it's arse.

But in Halo 2, that'll all change. Just imagine the final show down. You vs your mate, hes coming at you in a ghost and you kick him off. This is gonna be so awesome.

Archived