Home

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Darth Groovy

A German Magazine called XBox Zone will have a Hands-On of the Halo 2 Beta in it.

Here is a Summary of the new Infos:

New Maps:

Midship - A Covenant Cruiser.

Ivory Tower - The Top of a giant Skyscraper.

Waterworks - The Stalagnites on the screenshots are destroyable, they can even destroy a Tank if they fall down.

New Weapons:

Covenant Carbine - A Covenant Battle Rifle.

Covenant Energy Sniper Rifle - As the name says.

Brute Shot - A mortar that fires 4 grenades that explode on the second impact.

Pistol - You can use 2 at the same time, thats the only info on this weapon.

Vehicles:

Banshee - The Banshee can do "Loopings" and it can spin around if you hold down A + Directional Buttons. A Banshee can be boarded while it is flying.

Tank - The tank has a new control layout.

Boarding - Only Brutes and Elites can board vehicles, the Grunts an Jackals don't are intelligent enough to do it.

Controls:

The white button is a Team Speak button now, the flashlight is no more. The Directional Pad can be used for Tricks in combination with the A button.

XBL:

- There will be a ranking system.

- There will be DLC, including new maps and "more".

- There will be a Feature called "Virtual Couch", you can play with a buddy and if he leaves the server you will automatically follow him.

- There will be Sword Only gametypes that are really cool.

Thats all for now.

Link

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah, i knew it! And besides, Kain, if there is a developer that would listen to it's fans, it would be Bungie!

I also like the new Banshee feats, and being able to board that too...

Only i read there were going to be stealth parts in Halo 2, in wich you gotta stay in the dark and stuff. How do we see there without a flashlight?

Originally posted by Doomgiver

Hah, i knew it! And besides, Kain, if there is a developer that would listen to it's fans, it would be Bungie!

Watch the E3 playing of Halo2. You'll see what I'm talking about. Besides, I don't trust websites that aren't official. Get the quote from Bungie then I'll believe there are pistols.

Expand your Imagi-Nation

Bungie hasn't confirmed it. If they did, I would have posted it.

I prefer a little speculation. And I think it's entireley plausible for Bungie to put the pistol back in. Of course I hope they tone it down, making it an average weapon instead of the fearsome beast it became in the original.

Besides, all the good info comes from German mags none of us have heard of.

I wonder how we're gonna board a Banshee. I mean, warthogs adn Ghosts seem clear to me: You jump on and kick them out, it's an opn cockpit. But the banshee's, you'd first need to get them to the ground (though in MP, there are guys that try and run you over with it) but how do you kick them out?

I was watchin the Microsoft demo of Halo 2 the other day at EB and there were a few people crowding around the TV to view it. Anywayz, they were showing how the upgraded effects to the warthogs... (is that what they're called? I haven't played Halo XD) anywayz, the demo dudes playfully beeped its horn and this one guy from the crowd (in EB) goes...

"FULLY SICK MAN, IT'S GOT A HORN!!"

XD I laughed my ass off at the guy.

As i was saying when LF was down (Damn it):

That's because the horn's a new function for the WArthog in Halo 2. Though his reaction was very exegurated (SP? I know that's totally spelled wrong)

Anyway, it's mostly people on foot trying to get a ride in stead of drivers wanting a gunner, so it won't be that useful...

Originally posted by Lynk Former

I was watchin the Microsoft demo of Halo 2 the other day at EB and there were a few people crowding around the TV to view it. Anywayz, they were showing how the upgraded effects to the warthogs... (is that what they're called? I haven't played Halo XD) anywayz, the demo dudes playfully beeped its horn and this one guy from the crowd (in EB) goes...

"FULLY SICK MAN, IT'S GOT A HORN!!"

XD I laughed my ass off at the guy.

We all would have! XD

Anyways, what the heck is a horn going to be used for? Telling people to move out the way? Don't you want to run them other? O_o

Originally posted by Anthony

Telling teammates to get in. uh.. yeah..thats it.

Hey, it works in UT2004 when people don't have a mic.

Don't see the point of that when you can scream and shout down the microphone. :D

Yeah, it's amazing isn't it joke?

Archived