Home

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Darth Groovy

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I JUST PLAYED IT!

It's pretty cool, this one part, you get a tank in the city, I was singing the AMERICA! **** YEAH! song from Team America. The repetetive indoor levels are definetely back, but I've only played 1 so far. Also: There's subtitles in the cutscenes. THANK YOU BUNGIE! Now if only there were some in-game

Oh BTW, spoilers.

it's pretty tense so far from what i've played. though the fact that

you seem to take on 2 roles master chief and one of the covenant aliens

a little lame.

anyways, it's fun. Yeah, there seems to be a bunch of those annoying repetative indoor levels...hopefully it's not like that 3/4 of the game.

It ROXXORS!!

My only complaint is that they took the color black away from MP for the color of the armor. Steel is good enough. Black was too good, nobody could find you. I was alway black, an lways had an advantage (which might be why I always won in Halo, 50 to 0-7.

I love it!! It is the best thing ever!! I got it yesterday after my drum lessons from Best Buy!! I got Limited Edition as well!! Yay!!

The shield settings are cool too. There is no shields, normal shields, and over shields. Everyone already knew that, as Bungie had announced it before.

:fett:

Originally posted by Rogue15

it's pretty tense so far from what i've played. though the fact that

you seem to take on 2 roles master chief and one of the covenant aliens

a little lame.

anyways, it's fun. Yeah, there seems to be a bunch of those annoying repetative indoor levels...hopefully it's not like that 3/4 of the game.

at first i wa like LAMEEE but it ties in trust me ;).

Plus i think Halo2 is more or less focosed on Multiplaye rthen Single.

Originally posted by Treacherous Mercenary

I don't know.. Something about Halo 2 is leaving me a little disappointed.. I got it today and started playing, but lost a little interest after a bit.

Same with me. Once you

switch characters

the game starts getting.... not boring but....repetitive I guess is the word.

Anyone else notice that in the beginning cutscenes(like the first 10), the textures get loaded after the models. I mean it takes a split second, but if you're paying attention you can see it.

And playing as Arbitor sucks. Its Master Chief's story, not some shamed Covenant dickwad

Well I am only at New Mombossa now, (yes, I am old, and slow and I suck) and I love it. My only gripe is that those

flying things are a pain in the ass when they are sniping you from above, and the dual guns are total ownage, but complete suckage once your amo expires. Love the quick shield recharge! The AI is wonderful.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Well I am only at New Mombossa now, (yes, I am old, and slow and I suck) and I love it. My only gripe is that those

flying things are a pain in the ass when they are sniping you from above, and the dual guns are total ownage, but complete suckage once your amo expires. Love the quick shield recharge! The AI is wonderful.

How is that a spoiler?

Originally posted by jokemaster

How is that a spoiler?

Well um....

I don't remember seeing flying aliens in the teaser trailer last year, and you never can tell how senseitive people can be on these forums. Trust me on that one. There are those here, who get pissed off when you tell them that Anakin Skywalker gets his ass kicked by Obi-Wan and gets turned into Darth Vader. Seriously, you'd be surprised!

Dude - the guitar rifts in the soundtrack are sweet!

Theres one scene in the Covenant City where MC is watching these Brutes and Elites fight it out(well, not watching because you can shoot em all, but I watched) and the music is SOOOOOOOO badass.

Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda

Don't know if anybody else has it, but the Halo 2 soundtrack is pretty cool. Seems to be a whole lot of use of that "oooohhhh" guy from the Halo main theme throughout all the songs though. I can understand why, but it's sometimes kind of weird.

You know that sounds really raunchy the way you say it.

Reminds me of that one guy in Office Space.....:p

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

You know that sounds really raunchy the way you say it.

Reminds me of that one guy in Office Space.....:p

But I bet you knew who/what I was talking about, you dirty person you! Now excuse me while I go put on my "oh" face...

Oh yeah, since I haven't really paid much attention (well, as little attention as possible with all the hype, although I do read general gaming news sites), has a Halo 3 been announced/implied and/or does the ending of Halo 2 set the stage for another?

Archived