Home

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Darth Groovy

Originally posted by Mike Windu

That's why he should be president! :xp:

pfft....we know the ppl that voted for you guys were voting for Kain, if you were runnin on your own Mike, you would've gone into *negative* votes :p

Lexxy, nice to hear fromn you... I was beginning to think that you have tired of us completely :(

...Halo books huh, surely thay cant be that good..... the only thing worse than a (live action)movie based on a game, is a book based on a game.... :p

mtfbwya

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by leXX

Halo is my favourite game of all time.

I highly recommend you read all of the books before Halo 2 comes out, because they are truly excellent and really add to the whole Halo experience.

The Fall of Reach - Prequel to Halo

The Flood - The game story from the view point of all sides including the Covenant

First Strike - Covers the story between Halo 1 & 2

I have my Special Edition Halo 2 pre-ordered, and the day it arrives through my letterbox, is the day I dissapear for a very long time. :)

Pssst.....

Get a live account and i'll dissapear with you! Truth be told I will probably play through the SP game entirely first.

I think it'll be excellent, but can't help feeling that it's been overhyped, like most major releases lately. I'll probably not be able to play it on live since I don't think my dad'll let me subscribe. Eh, maybe I can convince him to let me buy the starter's pack and use the subscription card. BTW, can anyone tell me if it's possible to play live wireless? I just don't want to have to plug Live in.

Originally posted by Doomgiver

Another EDIT: shouldn't there actually be a general Halo thread? So we can also talk about Halo before 1998, or further plot speculation...

You know, theres a button you can use to create threads if you want a general Halo thread so badly. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jokemaster

BTW, can anyone tell me if it's possible to play live wireless? I just don't want to have to plug Live in.

Yes there is, the Wireless G Adapter. Too bad it costs 100 dollars though : \

I want the original Halo now. I played it at best buy and it rocked my world. Even on the tiny screen it was awsome. The only problem is, my parents won't let me play M-Rated Games. Even though it doesn't bother me, it bothers them. So I have to find some way to by em without them knowing. And them play them without them knowing.

:¬: damn

Originally posted by Doomgiver

'Let's paly catch the plasma grenade!'

*Sticks*

'I knew there was a flaw in this game...'

But anyway, i also heard there will be ambient life, so maybe we can go hunting rabbits. Also, the boarding function is one of the things i'm most enthusiastic about. When a arthog or a ghost comes near you, and it slows down, you hop on, kick the driver out and take his place. Just cool.

Also, ghosts will get boosts and warthogs will get horns.

EDIT: hadn't lexx jsut posted before me, this would've made a lot more sense, but okay...

Another EDIT: shouldn't there actually be a general Halo thread? So we can also talk about Halo before 1998, or further plot speculation...

If you want, I SUPPOSE you could post your own thread. If you wanted to talk about the first Halo game here, that would be ok with me as well. ;)

BTW:

I am on the level where you go deep into Halo, looking for Captain Keyes, and you stumple upon those alien mutant thingies, and the little guys that look like cabbages leap at you! So don't spoil it for me JUST yet. Sorry I discovered this game so freaking late!

Er acrylic, my point was that if there were two Halo threads, it would be a little much especially with the 'mission success' and the 'conspiracy' thread, that would make four threads about Halo already...

Oh, by the way:

'Halo' isn't the only Halo made by the forerunners, so there is a chance we will visit another one in Halo 2, despite the first one getting blown up.

Damn, you know what?

I went to Gamestop yesterday, and traded in some games. I traded in some game I got from friends: Kirby for GBA (got $14 for it). I traded in Mario Party 4 (Got $18, bought it for $5), I traded in Max Payne for GBA ($9, paid $5), Tony Hawk 4 for XBOX ($4, Paid $10 :(), and I also traded in MGS 2:Substance for PS2 (I got $14, paid $30 back when it first came out), and I traded in the DVD Twister (Got $4, got it for free back in the day), I traded in Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, and got some money, i dont remember.

But all in all, it equalled out to $70 store credit. I boguht my self Skies of Arcadia Legends. Now, I have $50. So I dunno what to do with it? Pre order Halo 2 or Get some great games, that are like $20 each. :confused:

Umm, yeah, my friend let me borrow the Halo books. I just finished The Fall of Reach today, and I started The Flood today. I have never ever been beat in a Halo game...and I play some pretty good people. I play with 400 shields or no shields, nothing in between. I easily beat the first and last levels on Legendary, all of them on Easy, and a few on Normal.

BTW- Darth Groovy...they aren't cabbages...those are the parastic flood that infect living or dead bodies.

:fett:

I call em brain monsters....because they look like leaping brains of death :eek:

I play with 400 shields or no shields, nothing in between.

Bah, No shields or super shields are so dumb, they totally unbalance every weapon in the game. :rolleyes:

Standard shields is the way to go in Halo MP.

I hate normal shields. It is way to easy to kill people...and way to easy to die. I like it when you can easily die or are almost invincible. I refuse to play under any other settings of shields.

I used to call the flood "those weird zombie things."

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Lexxy, nice to hear fromn you... I was beginning to think that you have tired of us completely :(

...Halo books huh, surely thay cant be that good..... the only thing worse than a (live action)movie based on a game, is a book based on a game.... :p

Never judge a book by it's cover. ;)

Originally posted by Majin Revan

I hate normal shields. It is way to easy to kill people...and way to easy to die. I like it when you can easily die or are almost invincible. I refuse to play under any other settings of shields.

But it's so pointless when your shields are at 400%. It makes the sniper rifle nearly completely useless, pistols can't kill for crap, and assualt rifles may as well not exist :rolleyes:

And no shields is COMPLETELY retarded, a glancing shot in the foot with a sniper rifle kills instantly.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

But it's so pointless when your shields are at 400%. It makes the sniper rifle nearly completely useless, pistols can't kill for crap, and assualt rifles may as well not exist :rolleyes:

And no shields is COMPLETELY retarded, a glancing shot in the foot with a sniper rifle kills instantly.

The 400m shields helps your attacking skills...makes you do overkill on everything...and the Sniper Rifle actually needs more skill to take down an opponent.

The no shields really helps defense skills...I barely ever die in a no shields match. As for the Sniper Rifle...oh well...

Lexx, you are right. The books rock.

Umm, Curt-Man...I'm with Anthony on this...

:D :D :D

I love the swamp. I really do.

I went to blockbuster and saw that they had halo in stock. I thought back to when I played it at best buy. I told the truth/lied at the same time. I said that the only blood-blood was on the walls and the floor from before you take control. But I lied and said that you guys told me that. She said that if she had any problems with it I would have to take it back. Started playing it, showed her that the covanent bled rainbow goo, and she had no problems with it.

I must say, this is quite possibly the best game ever. I am soooo asking my mom if I can buy it, and preorder 2. And get live.

:D Yayness :D

well, it's pretty limited actually, i believe. You can blow up certain things, like explosive barrles adn stuff, and you can destroy vehicles (This time also in multiplayer) but don't expect to be able to blow away entire rocks and buildings.

Cause that way, if it's true, you'll be even happier!

Archived