Home

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Darth Groovy

Hey guys I haven't been home since Friday night so I haven't sent any invites to anyone other than Groovy so I'll do that later tonight when I get home. I really have only been playing the Rumble Pit so I haven't had much expierence in team matches yet but hopefully I'll get better.

See you guys later on tonight if any of you are on.

:lsduel::duel:

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaddamnit man, I hate being the only one in my house with my priorities straight.

I have to buy an modem for us to get cable internet, and then I have to buy my own xbox live subscription, and then if I can't find any other way to get the broadband into my room, then I am gonna have to buy the wireless adapter.

50 dollars for a modem

50 dollars for live package

if needed 100+ dollars for wireless adapter

totals up to 100-200+ dollars I now have to save.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Cool thing is about those guys, they don't brag or act like assholes, in fact they crack me up so much, that HALF the fun was just the in game/pre/post game conversation.

We just don't brag when we're in the game room, during the game though you should hear the things we say about you :xp:

Actually, the only one we consistantly made fun of was Phreak, but that's because he's a little girl :D

yeah, we actually didn't make fun of anyone except for phreak.....we just like to play Halo, screw all the boasting and ego stroking :)

Originally posted by the_raven_03

The only reason you make fun of him is because he can't talk back.

I know :D

IS it just me or are the gooshgoosh thingies one of the coolest additions to multiplayer?

(the things you step in and Bwoooop up you go...I haven't cared to take the time to learn what they're really called, and we decided gooshgoosh is a good name...because they make a sound kinda like that. :))

*Bangs...... head..... on...... desk.....*

I have been spending the last 3 hours trying to get the god forsaken Xbox Connect to work with Halo 2, I never changed anything since the last time I played Halo, but now, its totally F.U.B.A.R.!!!! :mad:

TiE

Kain has Live?!?? :eek:

SWEET, this keeps getting better every day. This is like the hugest gaming gathering since the days of JO/JA, and CoD!!!:eek:

BTW Kain, be forewarned when you hook up with us, ET and I swear alot. ALOT!!! Like worse than merchant sailors with hangovers. I wouldn't want you to get offended, or corrupted or anything. :p

Originally posted by Rogue15

why can't you talk with your enemies in-game...=\

You can, but the game uses voice proximity, which is something you can turn off in your user options, but sometimes it's pretty usefull. Basically whoever is closest to you in the game, you can hear them loud and clear. As people distance off, the voice goes quieter. There was this really funny moment, at the expense of my demise of course, but ET, Jammim, and some other guy, ran my ass down in a warthog, and ET was laying on the horn yelling "Get out the way", and they were all laughing, and as I layed there, I could here the laughter trailing off as they drove farther and farther away. I was kind of pissed at first, but then I laughed becuase the whole thing reminded me of something streight out of a Red Vs Blue movie. :p

The proximity thing is also cool, because you can pair up with someone, and come up with a strategy plan like:

Player 1: "I'll grab the flag, you cover me, and let's find a warthog."

Player 2: "Eat a bag of Hell, and tell your sister I love her!"

Er....something like that, but you get the idea.

Also, at any point you just can hit the white button and send shout outs to everybody at once, or just your team, that can be set up as well. However, you will only hear a reply from who ever is nearest bye, unless you change that option of course...

I'm curious if the proximity thing is volume based. Like, if you yelled into your mike would your voice carry further? And if you whisper is it shorter range? That would be freakin sweet, because the proximity is BAD if you're hiding in the enemy base and you're trying to convey a message to your team, but there are bad guys around.

If it's volume based then you could hit the white button and whisper your message to your team, and the would be so neato :eek:

I really like how you can't drive a vehicle while you have the flag now. It makes it so you NEED your team to work together for a flag capture, and no one man team is going to pull it off unless he's just ridiculously amazing. This game makes me want to skip class :D

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

BTW Kain, be forewarned when you hook up with us, ET and I swear alot. ALOT!!! Like worse than merchant sailors with hangovers. I wouldn't want you to get offended, or corrupted or anything. :p

Just be lucky that I don't have a headset - I could make a sailor weep.

So what time does everyone usually play?

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I'm curious if the proximity thing is volume based. Like, if you yelled into your mike would your voice carry further? And if you whisper is it shorter range? That would be freakin sweet, because the proximity is BAD if you're hiding in the enemy base and you're trying to convey a message to your team, but there are bad guys around.

True, but it does have it's advantages.

Check this.

I was playing Halo 2 Live at one of my buddies apartments (I'm getting Live this Wens.) We are playing a 6 on 6 CTF match.

We were about 3 minutes into the game, and I make my way near the flag. I see 2 guys guarding the stairs up to the flag. I'm farily close by, so I yell "INCOMING! WE NEED HELP ON THE LEFT SIDE" so they both run away to "help" while I nab the flag and wait for a pickup.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

so I yell "INCOMING! WE NEED HELP ON THE LEFT SIDE" so they both run away to "help" while I nab the flag and wait for a pickup.

Clever lass :)

I did something similar, I had the flag on Coagulation and was hiding at the enemy base waiting for a warthog pickup, and I yelled into me headset "Come on guys, I need a pick up over by the rock pass, I went through the warps!

But my friend was sharing a TV with me, so he knew where to pick me up at :) it was awesome.

Does anybody know about the volume sensitivity of the proximity-ness? That would make my day if whispers had less carry than a yell. :D

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Lesseee, I gots me a relatively busy week, but odds are if i'm on during the week it'll be around 9 pm mountain time most days.

:)

And what about Grooves? Is he a weekend only guy?

Want to kill you all...HAHAHA!!

OT: Does anybody have a code for that 2 month trial that they didn't use? My cousin lost his and we can't get any of our Halo buddies to fork one over.

Archived