Home

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Darth Groovy

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, it's just concept art. It's not an ingame shot. It was done by a female member of the team who left Bungie, and she did that wallpaper as a leaving present.

Please Note : In case you didn't read it above - this is a purely fictional creation, done for fun for our fans. This has NOTHING to do with Halo or Halo 2. This is not a picture from Halo the movie, it's not a screenshot from Halo 2, there is no desert camo in the game... this is purely a work of art inspired by Halo and the feedback of our fans. But you gotta admit.. this is totally badass! (it's in the Halo 2 wallpaper gallery because it does use the underlying 3d model of MC from Halo 2, that's all)

Read about it here.

Originally posted by leXX

Guys, it's just concept art. It's not an ingame shot. It was done by a female member of the team who left Bungie, and she did that wallpaper as a leaving present.

Read about it here.

I'm a guy! That means I have no patience, I don't read instruction manuals, I never ask for directions and I don't read anything ever! I press buttons....that's it! :p

JK, thanks for the info.;)

Originally posted by Curt-Man

man... master chief has to be the coolest, most bad-ass mofo game character there is out there.

If you read the Halo books you will find out more about Master Chief than the game showed it is very interesting. It will say his real name instead of everyone calling him Chief or Master Chief.

Suggested that you read it. It is called Halo, The Flood.

Yes, i heard his name was John-117 or something. At least, that was his codename. I also read that without his suit, he should be able to run as fast as a warthog, uphill...

By the way, if you look up John 1-17 in the bible, i heard there's a character description of the chief... But i got this from a site where they're investigating everything Halo. And i mean Everything. They seek something behind it all, and they succeed pretty well...

Originally posted by leXX

Read about it here.

Word, I read that.

Gah!! Your words torture my mind, you, you, you...mindless people of LF. His name is: John. His codename is SPARTAN-117. They call him Master Chief SPARTAN-117. And, read all three of the books. Not just the one during the game. I'm on the third one right now.

There were many Spatans, most were KIA, some are MIA.

:fett:

Yes, but it was the one who first said his name.

It is like the world becoming a communist world he was taken from his parents when he was very young and was replaced by an identical clone while he was being chemically enhanced with strength, agility, and better vision. Which made the Spartans were the only human enemies that the covanant seemed afraid of. And he is the last one, the last hope of the human race on the Covanant's Holy war with the humans of Earth.

Originally posted by Chewbacco

Yes, but it was the one who first said his name.

It is like the world becoming a communist world he was taken from his parents when he was very young and was replaced by an identical clone while he was being chemically enhanced with strength, agility, and better vision. Which made the Spartans were the only human enemies that the covanant seemed afraid of. And he is the last one, the last hope of the human race on the Covanant's Holy war with the humans of Earth.

Not true. He isn't the last Spartan left. Read First Strike, which covers the story between Halo 1 & 2 and you will see.

I personally can't wait to see what happens to my favourite Spartan (apart from John of course) Kelly SPARTAN-087. At the end of the book, she was taken on a secret mission. I believe the secret mission has a very important role in the story of Halo 2.

Ok, I bought all three Halo books, but which is the proper order to read them in, or does it even matter?

You should definately read them in order...

The Fall of Reach

The Flood

First Strike

:)

Originally posted by BongoBob

Grooves, where did you get the halo desktop icons and winamp skin. I'm having no luck finding them :confused:

Here are some Halo icons I have lying around. They aren't the same as Grooves ones though.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Whoa, I like that first one even better! :eek:

Ok, I bought all three Halo books, but which is the proper order to read them in, or does it even matter? :confused:

Well, it's easy, first you read the first one, then the second one, then the third one.:p

Anyway, I don't think halo has a strong story without the books, it's a good story, don't get me wrong, but the books are really what flesh it out, I mean the marines, the covenant, Capt. Keyes, are all awesome characters in the book, but in the game they're just set pieces.

Originally posted by jokemaster

Anyway, I don't think halo has a strong story without the books, it's a good story, don't get me wrong, but the books are really what flesh it out, I mean the marines, the covenant, Capt. Keyes, are all awesome characters in the book, but in the game they're just set pieces.

I should shoot you for saying that. The Halo books are tied for my favorite series.

:fett:

Archived