Home

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Darth Groovy

Originally posted by jokemaster

.....WELL IT'S NOT FUN GETTING SHOT YOU BASTARD! Jeez, I thought being able to survive getting shot would be cool but you guys have really taken it like I was a freakin' machine.

What, are you saying you have been shot? :confused:

TiE

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BongoBob

Grooves, where did you get the halo desktop icons and winamp skin. I'm having no luck finding them :confused:

Gah, i'm ashamed to have to do this, but there is no way to get ahold of you without spamming.

1. Your pm inbox is full. Clean out both in. and out folders to recieve messages

2. Your email is dissabled in your profile page.

3. I have added you to my buddy list on AIM, but until you log in, I cannot transfer the files.

4. The file is too big for email, but I don't have that either.

:(

Yeah, through the eye, that's why I have a glass eye.

True story actually.

If you're telling the truth...oops...

Oh, and sorry, I was trying to respond to anyone who said that the books suck. I guess I misread your post, sorry.

My favorite series...I shouldn't say it, as ET Warrior, and a whole bunch of other people will start a flame war for saying it...

:fett:

It's for suckers who want to pay 20 extra bucks for the game.....

what?

Do your research. Its only $5 more. It comes in a tin case and it comes with an extra DVD of making of, extra features, and everything.

Originally posted by Acrylic

Do your research. Its only $5 more. It comes in a tin case and it comes with an extra DVD of making of, extra features, and everything.

I'm joooooooooking!

Anyway, I think i'll buy the normal edition if it just comes in a tin case and a making of.

I'm joooooooooking!

Anyway, I think i'll buy the normal edition if it just comes in a tin case and a making of.

Well, I'll get you the page from gamestop.com:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210577

Also, this is from the site (for the lazy people):

* Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition Features:

- Collectible Tin Box

- Behind the Scenes Video: the Making of Halo 2

- Making the Game: Six Video Featurette

- Visualizing the Story (Concept Art, Early Level Design, From Script to Game, Narrated Storyboards, Character Tests)

- Bonus Materials (Trailers from Halo 1 and 2, Cut Scenes, Commentaries, Inside Bungie, A Bungie History, Before Halo, The Making of Halo 1, Gameographies)

Worth the extra $5 for me. I'm especially interested in the "Before Halo", "Early Level Design", and the making of the game. And the tin case is kick ass! :p

Before Halo and the Cut Scenes sound interesting...

Back in 1998, Halo was the first RTS with Ragdoll physics. And at some point in the game, you could ride native dinosaur like creatures around Halo. Halo also used to be very damaged, with pieces missing from it and stuff... It's amazing how much it's changed since the beginning...

Originally posted by Doomgiver

Before Halo and the Cut Scenes sound interesting...

Back in 1998, Halo was the first RTS with Ragdoll physics. And at some point in the game, you could ride native dinosaur like creatures around Halo. Halo also used to be very damaged, with pieces missing from it and stuff... It's amazing how much it's changed since the beginning...

Yeah, it's changed.

link

Anyway, I don't think halo has a strong story without the books, it's a good story, don't get me wrong, but the books are really what flesh it out, I mean the marines, the covenant, Capt. Keyes, are all awesome characters in the book, but in the game they're just set pieces.

That's because it's a VIDEO GAME. As far as video games go Halo has a pretty motivating story, sure there aren't any SUPAR OMG WTF twists, but overall it takes you on a pretty good ride. Of course the books will be better, and decently written book can tear circles around a well done MOVIE as far as story goes, and absolutely DECIMATES a video games story. :dozey:

I have Halo 2 Limited Edition reserved, I should be getting it at the midnight opening on November 9th :cool:

The thing that sucks is that I reserved it at a store that is an hour drive away from where i'm living, and I have 8 am class on the 9th :(

Archived