Home

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Darth Groovy

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Acrylic

Well, I jsut watched it. It seems like a really fun multiplayer. Halo multiplayer is fun, Im sure this'll be double it.

(PS : The person playing the game gets killed MANY MANY MANY times. Which means he sucks)

Which makes me feel better, because I am better than THAT guy is at such games.

Unfortunately I have not had the unique pleasure of playing Halo on Multiplayer, let alone Halo 2.

My online games as of now are Call of Duty, which I am not great at, but getting better.... UT2K4, not great, but not terrible. Then there is JA which I have good days and bad days, and then there is AVP2 which I am just terrible at....

Hmm, I'm not sure what 50% health means with no shields, isn't that for shields...?

Oh, and in that video, anyone notice that it was shields only? Maybe this is a new option for Halo 2? Or, maybe that is an old HUD for Halo 2. I noticed the new friend indicators, and this is what I got: yellow is for when they are attacking, red is for when they are being attacked, and an "X" is for when they are dead. Normal is when they are none of the above.

Also, when you double-wield, it gives you the crosshair from the gun on the right. The guns now actually can lay against a wall, rather than always be flat on the ground. The Sniper Rifle has a zoom of 5x and then 10x. The Battle Rifle has no numbers whn zoomed, so I assume it is 2x.

The Plasma Rifle looks realistic, and the plasma weapo ns have new sounds. The Ghost doesn't have that annoying whine to it, when it is on. The Warthog sounds clearer and better now as well. You can also see your feet if you look down. The armor has green and pink plates on certain areas as well.

The one other thing I noticed was that...this dude sucked!!

:fett:

i hate internet explorer....doesn't even open the download page, i hate it, whatever,still what ive heard, sounds liek me and my bro will have endless amountes of fun when we get it.

me and my brohter(he is older) play some much on halo, we love it, we have played at least 300 multiplayer games, ive won like 5 times, he has won the rest, its pitiful, but i kcik his butt in more than 3 player game.

That guy is crap. If everyone at that tournament was as bad as him, I would win without a single death.

Anyways, that video was great but the graphics were not as I expected. I thought that they would be much better but these are kind of a disappointment. But oh well. ;)

I could see they don't have ragdoll psyics (I can't spell that correctly, sorry.) I don't see why they haven't but them in. It would be a shame to see such a great game let down by heads going through walls and the like.

Oh and did anyone notice that Sleepy guy? He was really good, he owned the guy who was recording!

XBOX connect is a great alternative to Live, you should try XBC first to see if you can use it alot, If you don't use it much, maybe you shouldn't get XBOX Live.

I can't wait for Halo 2 anymore! :D

Oh yah... 2000 POSTS! :D

WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

TiE

Originally posted by TiE 23

XBOX connect is a great alternative to Live, you should try XBC first to see if you can use it alot, If you don't use it much, maybe you shouldn't get XBOX Live.

I can't wait for Halo 2 anymore! :D

Oh yah... 2000 POSTS! :D

WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

TiE

Whats so great about XBC? How is it with the lag?

I was playing RS3 the other day, and was getting some nasty lag, not sure if it was me, or not. I suck so bad at that game, that I didn't continue much after that.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I was playing RS3 the other day, and was getting some nasty lag, not sure if it was me, or not. I suck so bad at that game, that I didn't continue much after that.

Thats some idiot with a 128k connection trying to host, not you. Keep on practicing, I've only played the demo but I'm sure you'll improve.

Oh and did anyone notice the pistol anywhere? That was my favorite weapon, but I guess now my favorite will be the SMG.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

TiE and I didn't get that much lag when we played XBC, there were some lag but it wasn't consistent. I could've been the guy who you were playing with. Who knows.

We kick butt at Halo multiplayer!:D

Originally posted by Chewbacco

TiE and I didn't get that much lag when we played XBC, there were some lag but it wasn't consistent. I could've been the guy who you were playing with. Who knows.

We kick butt at Halo multiplayer!:D

Yeah but Halo on XBOX doesn't have online MP. Are you talking about the PC game?! You got me all confused now. :confused:

Just an update to anyone who cares about this I love bees stuff.

The mystery has supposedly been solved. The .wav files on ilovebees.com are supposed to be listened to in a certain order, adding to the plot of Halo 2.

People think that these .wav files are

describing earth before the Covenant invasion.

That's it. No demo, no early release, no nothing.

It was fun while it lasted. Sure, maybe Bungie played off insane fans desire to play this game. But it was damn fun trying to figure this crap out when August 25th rolled around.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

He's talking about playing online with XBConnect.

I WANT Halo for pc just so I can play online with other people, however my graphics card is not quite good enough for Halo. For as much money as I would have to spend on a better one, i'd rather just wait for Halo 2 to come out instead.

• 2 weeks later...

This definitely deserves recognition. It may be off by 4 years, but it's still great.

Regarding Halo, it seems as if the Pistol from Halo: CE HAS been remodeled and tweaked. It's now going to be known as the Magnum, which will do less damage and have fewer bullets per clip (10 for a magnum, as opposed to 12 per the 'pistol') along with no zoom. It IS said to be dual-wieldable.

No more three shot pistol kills....

Here's a pic off a French website.

Here's a link to an english website containing more pic's from the french website, including one that boasts a new multi-player mode called "Head Hunter" in which you must "collect the heads of the fallen. The more you save, the more you score by bringing them to your home base."

Archived