Home

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Darth Groovy

Originally posted by ckcsaber

This definitely deserves recognition. It may be off by 4 years, but it's still great.

Regarding Halo, it seems as if the Pistol from Halo: CE HAS been remodeled and tweaked. It's now going to be known as the Magnum, which will do less damage and have fewer bullets per clip (10 for a magnum, as opposed to 12 per the 'pistol') along with no zoom. It IS said to be dual-wieldable.

No more three shot pistol kills....

Here's a pic off a French website.

Here's a link to an english website containing more pic's from the french website, including one that boasts a new multi-player mode called "Head Hunter" in which you must "collect the heads of the fallen. The more you save, the more you score by bringing them to your home base."

That first link is HILARIOUS!! But I'm sure you'll piss a few people off with it.

@pistol: GOOD!! ****in thing used to piss me off so much man! I seriously started to ****in hate it. Though I think the new model is a bit...lacking.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like a few squares stuck together. But I'm sure Bungie will make it transform.

Square : Lots of squares : Some circle bits :xp: : more detailed model : more detailed textures.

I can't wait for Halo 2, no more over powered pistol!

Originally posted by Kain

That first link is HILARIOUS!! But I'm sure you'll piss a few people off with it.

Meh. I try to find humour in everything. If you take your beliefs to seriously, you're just blinding yourself, although I think my Pastor may disagree.....

XD

Yeah, the Magnum looks a little non-descript, but I'm just glad it's been toned down. The pistol made the original Halo seem a bit unrealistic (if you can apply that term to a game) by being able to snipe people with a handgun half the map away.

Plus, it's a beta build. I know for a fact that everything will look better. For example, if you bought Halo after E3 and it had the trailer of halo 2 e3 on it, watch it, then watch the little making of. It shows the end part where all the elites get dropped down ODST "HellJumper" style, and it's much much more detailed.

BTW:I bought Halo:The Flood Today. I read 100 pages in under half an hour. I love how it shows the game from the perspective of the helljumpers, Keyes, foehammer, and the covanent. That's friggin awsome :cool:

Well, the pistol thing is sort of better. But, here is a spoiler:

In Halo: First Strike, they get new pistols...and Kelly dual weilds them. They have auto-zoom, and more firepower. Maybe, from that book to Halo 2, they downgraded it...I guess. As for the Battle Rifle, in the book it was called the Assault Rifle, as the Spartans weren't told the new name yet by Dr. Halsey.

Yeah, I saw all of those pictures, and even the new ones released yesterday and today. I can't wait to pilot the Wraith!! Go to the Bungie website, and click on the headline Halo 2 update, it has links, and the IGN one goes into organized detail!!

:fett:

• 5 weeks later...

Oh. My. God.

Please let the rumor be true and let it also come out for pc please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please Are you looking for secret messages? please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please here's one please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Originally posted by Doomie

Oh. My. God.

Please let the rumor be true and let it also come out for pc please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please Are you looking for secret messages? please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please here's one please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

QUIT WAITING AND GET A ****ING XBOX!!!

or just steal one, either way is fine.

TiE

yes...protect your ugly xbox :xp:

Read if you've read first strike*

Does anyone here think that you will fight alongside any of the other spartans? And does anyone have any clue what was with Dr. Halsey taking Kelly. Any clue what this secret mission is or if we'll find out in halo 2?

Originally posted by Treacherous Mercenary

Quick cash for new PC parts, what can I say?

Xbox just doesn't keep me playing long and I love the MP aspect for PC gaming. :p Not to mention FPS controls better on keyboard and mouse for me, though Halo does well in Xbox.

I should drag you out into the street and bitch slap you.

You do realize you are one of about three gamertag buddies I have right? AND you were the first person I ever played a game on LIVE with. :(

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I should drag you out into the street and bitch slap you.

You do realize you are one of about three gamertag buddies I have right? AND you were the first person I ever played a game on LIVE with. :(

Well it figures, Xbox live officially cancels on me over a week ago, but I don't quite have the games for Live anyways.

Note to everyone: I'm a back stabbing cockbite, but some know that already anyways. :p

Oh yeah, the main point of why I'm posting now. I just got my issue of EGM with several pages of Halo 2 goodness. Maybe I'll take pics later if anyone wants? ;)

Archived