Home

help

Majin Boba Fett

My friend just bought Galactic Battlegrounds: Saga. It doesn't wrk online for some reason. It doesn't work on zone and it doesn't work with direct ip. I'm trying to unistall it so that i can get it completely off his system. However, when i try to uninstall, instead of uninstalling it it says it has been "prepared for maintance operations." Is there any way i can fix the internet problem? Is there any way i can take the game of his computer?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Tricky one this.

He must have a firewall on his PC thats stopping him playing online. Can you find out more information on that. Did he install it with anti-virus software running? Although rare, this can cause problems.

Also, is he on a network? If so, the following may help

There are specific network ports that must be opened to play Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds behind a firewall or a router (with a built-in firewall).

The ports required to play are covered in Microsoft Knowledge Base http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;240429

Please consult your router manufacturer for information on how to set up these ports. You should also install the latest firmware available for your router.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

He needs to try the steps in the Microsoft help document to see if that will work -but he will have problems playing.

As for the uninstall

This will occur if you did not properly uninstall the game, but simply deleted the game folder and files from your harddrive.

Try reinstalling the game and then use the Add/Remove Programs feature in the Windows Control Panel to properly remove the game. Otherwise, you can leave it as is, since it should not cause any problems with Windows or other applications.

If you try to reinstall the game and it says it is already installed, please try the following:

You will first need to manually delete the game folder from your harddrive if it is still present. If you used the automatic install option and installed the game to the default directory (C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga):

- Open My computer

- Open the C: harddrive/local drive

- Open the Program Files folder

- Open the LucasArts folder

- Right click the " Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga" folder and select delete. Select Yes to proceed past the warning that appears.

You may also need to manually remove some InstallShield files before attempting to reinstall the game.

- Open the My Computer window, go to VIEW on the menu bar in Windows 9x (go to the TOOLS option in Windows XP/2000), and select Folder Options.

- Select the View tab, and click on the option to "Show All Files" in Windows 9x or select the option to "Show hidden files and folders" in Windows XP/2000.

- Below this option (for Windows XP/2000) remove the check marks next to the "Hide extensions for known file types" option and the "Hide protected operating system files" option so these options are turned off. Click Yes on the Warning dialogue box that appears.

- Click OK at the bottom of the Folder Options window.

- Open My Computer and open the C drive

- Open the Program Files folder

- Open the InstallShield Installation Information folder

- Right-click the following folder and choose the delete option:

{10133CDD-50B9-4783-B336-8B48F3653715}

(Note: Other folders may have similar names, so make sure that you properly identify the correct folder by its exact name before you delete it.)

Finally, you will need to remove any Galactic Battlegrounds registry entries before you can (re)install it. This involves making changes to your system that could be detrimental if not done properly.

- Click the Start button and select Run...

- In the Open window type REGEDIT and click the OK button. This will open the Windows Registry Editor.

- On the menu bar click "Registry" and select "Export Registry File..." to backup your registry in case you make an error and the registry needs to be restored. Type a name, such as Regbackup and click Save.

- To remove the game's registry entries click the + next to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder on the left-hand side of the Registry Editor window.

- Below this, click the + next to the "Software" folder.

- Below this, click the + next to the "LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC" folder.

- Below this, right-click any and all folders that have "Galactic Battlegrounds" in the folder name and click Delete.

- Then click the minus "-" sign next to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder on the left-hand side of the Registry Editor window to close this folder.

- Now click the + next to the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" folder on the left-hand side of the Registry Editor window to close this folder.

- Below this, click the + next to the "Software" folder.

- Below this, click the + next to the "LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC" folder.

- Below this, right-click any and all folders that have "Galactic Battlegrounds" in the folder name and click Delete.

- Now exit. Click the X in the upper right corner of the window to close the Registry Editor.

Next, place DISC 1 for the game in the drive and attempt to (re)install the game.

You may want to click Exit on the Launcher menu if it appears, then open My Computer and right click the CD icon and choose Open. Then double-click the Gamedata folder, and double-click the Setup.exe file here to start the installation (rather than choosing Install on the game's Launcher window).

Remember to place DISC 2 (the Play Disc) in the drive to play the game, after the installation is complete.

I know.. im a genuis - even with a tooth removed today and on drugs to ease the pain!

DMUK

Archived