Home

Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else

Vader's_Punishe

I think Darktroopers on these maps would ruin for me because we know how these two battles were fought. No where in these two battles were there imperial troops shooting themselves in the air for super jumps.

I suggest one of two things for these two maps.

1. Give the Darktrooper something on these maps to replace jumpack. It can range from hybrid guns such as a half sniper/half assualt or half anti-tank/half assualt gun, but each half is not as good as the real thing. Give them a stationary gun with heavy fire power such as an e-web cannon but must be set up to use. The point is to give them something that would offset the loss of the jumpack.

2. Give them another specail unit on these levels.

I don't mind Darktroopers on other levels because they are theoretic battles in which case having Darktroopers could enhance the battles.

The game is closing in on release, and everything they have in the game is fixed therefore Darktroopers will probaly be on Endor and Hoth with their full attire, but if they know this will not be popular decision with the Star Wars fans then maybe they will try and issue a little "fix" before release.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was originally against the darktrooper/jetpack trooper but now its like, eh it doesnt matter. It'll be fun. dont think of it as, 'it wasnt in the movies' think of it as, 'man, its gonna be fun to fly over those other guys' think of the fun factor.

Everyone, this is not about being anti-Darktrooper. This is about Darktoopers comprimising the authenticy of the battles that occured on Hoth and Endor.

Yaebginn, I think the Darktrooper may be fun on other levels, and I'm not against, exactly, but on these two levels they will end up taking the fun away from me. It would bother me on these levels to see some yahoo jumping around like Mario. It almost changes the fight completly. In the Endor fight, everyone should be pretty much grounded, but instead you will have darktroopers jumping up and down on the shield generator. You will probaly have to watch your y-axis more than you should have to as a rebel because of this threat. And in the screenshots of Hoth there is a broken wall. I can just see Darktroopers jumping over it before it is broken. I fear the smacktard bunny-hopping 20ft into the air running right by everyone ruining my whole mind state that I am in while fighting a battle on Hoth and Endor.

Originally posted by Vader's_Punishe

It would bother me on these levels to see some yahoo jumping around like Mario.

Awesome analogie. Beautiful. But now that I read ur post, u r corrrect. It would give them an unfair advantage. and ruin the star wars feel. hmm. Lets try to see the silver lining. Um, there is none! Darnit. some tard newbie is gonna be leaping on top of an atst trying to pretend he's some sort of superman. MAN! I can see it now. I'm having a good time, reinacting the battle of endor. I'm a rebel trooper, sneaking through the woods, everyone's far away,. I'm gonna make it. Then some dumb newbie leaps from 50ft away and blows me away. man. hopefully, they will be terrible in other areas. maybe they'll be slow, or have a weak gun.

the dark trooper is the only class I am annoyed with. If they are given any sort of explosive weapon they will be just as bad as jedi, they will just jump, aim down and anything near them is gone. Not to mention the fact thats its going to be the biggest noob magnet ever

It will probably be almost useless on Hoth though

When I first saw the Imperial Officer early in the development phases as a choice and saw two screenshots of it. I was so happy! Being a Imperial Officer was a dream of mine in a star wars video game. Shame, they took it away for robot stormtrooper with a jetpack!

It's stupid of them to replace the Imp officer. Every army has officers, but the Dark troopers were destroyed after, what, like two battles they were in? Besides, putting EU vehicles in the movie battles would be worse enough, but EU units...

Originally posted by Ice Demon44

Won't we all be new to the game...

Handheld rockets dont feel like Star Wars either ,but it is still part of the game. Flying won't give you an advantage over anything, it will be like "skeet shooting" for the other team... PULL

Rockets are different; assumming that they won't be too hot against infantry. They will be essentail to gameplay by being the only ones who can effectively take out many of the game's vehicles. If there is no way to take out heavy armor, it will become like BFV and their helicopters. Only the few people in the armor would be having fun while the rest of the server would get run over. It will be impairative for there to be a way to take out vehicles. It is a necessary evil. Its neccessity outweighs the authenticy.

Now if the rocket is good against infantry, and there is an all-out rocket war then the whole game will have a problem , and yes it most defiantly won't fell like Star Wars, and it will also be a problem.

The dark trooper shouldent be included. Its really going to mess up everything. the wookie too, i mean how many wookies work for the rebelion?

the dark trooper is the only class I am annoyed with. If they are given any sort of explosive weapon they will be just as bad as jedi, they will just jump, aim down and anything near them is gone. Not to mention the fact thats its going to be the biggest noob magnet ever
Syzerian is right about that and of u other guys right too.

Bring back the officer and the bothan!!!

Originally posted by yaebginn

Awesome analogie. Beautiful. But now that I read ur post, u r corrrect. It would give them an unfair advantage. and ruin the star wars feel. hmm. Lets try to see the silver lining. Um, there is none! Darnit. some tard newbie is gonna be leaping on top of an atst trying to pretend he's some sort of superman. MAN! I can see it now. I'm having a good time, reinacting the battle of endor. I'm a rebel trooper, sneaking through the woods, everyone's far away,. I'm gonna make it. Then some dumb newbie leaps from 50ft away and blows me away. man. hopefully, they will be terrible in other areas. maybe they'll be slow, or have a weak gun.

Complaining you'd get killed by others doesn't sound very professional either. If a noob would kill you like that, you're one of them as well

Archived