Home

Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else

Vader's_Punishe

I don't see any problem with it. It's like the Panzer on 'Enemy Territory'.

It's part of the game, but people always complaining about them with "panzer noob", when them playing with panzer in made-up name.

If the Darktrooper shouldn't be in-game, so neither the Marksman, the bothan, the pilot (didn't see pilot on the ground) the Anti-Vehicle trooper. Didn't see all of them in the movies.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alegis, we'll all be newbs when we start, but its about ruining the moment. its supposed to be an awesome reinactment of the classic battles. and then someone with no respect, kinda like bimblasterbob in the rpg forum, pops up and screws it up. I'm for the darktrooper, but not in classic battles, only for messing around.

Originally posted by Vader's_Punishe

Rockets are different; assumming that they won't be too hot against infantry. They will be essentail to gameplay by being the only ones who can effectively take out many of the game's vehicles. If there is no way to take out heavy armor, it will become like BFV and their helicopters. Only the few people in the armor would be having fun while the rest of the server would get run over. It will be impairative for there to be a way to take out vehicles. It is a necessary evil. Its neccessity outweighs the authenticy.

Now if the rocket is good against infantry, and there is an all-out rocket war then the whole game will have a problem , and yes it most defiantly won't fell like Star Wars, and it will also be a problem.

Who say's rocket's don't feel starwars? You do have them: proton torpedoes, hailfiredrones. Maybe you don't have soldiers firing them around (besides the super battledroid) but at that point I agree with the fact that this is needed for the gameplay (it won't ruin the starwars feeling, it will probably be almost impossible to get an AT-AT down with a proton torpedoe launcher).

And about the point that rocketlaunchers should be no good against soldiers, I totally agree. The only problem is that I read from multiple people who went to the press event, that they liked being the heavy weapons guy because of the firepower against soldiers. I hope they change that.

Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR

It's part of the game, but people always complaining about them with "panzer noob", when them playing with panzer in made-up name.

If the Darktrooper shouldn't be in-game, so neither the Marksman, the bothan, the pilot (didn't see pilot on the ground) the Anti-Vehicle trooper. Didn't see all of them in the movies.

TRUE TRUE!! :D finally someone that understands.. so what if there werent any darktroopers in ROTJ well its still SW....

Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR

I don't get your argument. The first point you are trying to get across is that people complain about panzers in ET which has no connection to the original topic which is about Darktroopers ruining the feel of the classic battles. Your second point is valid to a certain extent. I already mentioned why anti-armor troops are a necessary evil. The pilot is needed to build/destroy things and give out medicine. The marksman is debatable but at least the the pilot, marksman, or anti-armor trooper do no jump 30ft into the air ruining the battle's atmosphere. We know how these battles went down, and in these battles a bunny-hooping imperial did not exist. If they did exist it would have been almost impossible for the Rebals to cover their flanks. The Ewoks who were making traps would have gotten mowed down by Darktroopers

Anyway, TK-8252 and yaebginn said it best.

jasperw, not to mention that if the rocket is good against infantry then there will be little reason to be the assault class.

Actually, there are some advantages that the infantryman has over the heavy weapons unit. The infantrymen move faster and have an automatic rifle, while heavy weapons units have to timely reload their missile launcher after every one launch, or two rapid launches (I'm pretty sure). Plus, the infantryman has more ammo for his rifle, so when the heavy weapons unit is out of missiles, he's pretty much screwed.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Actually, there are some advantages that the infantryman has over the heavy weapons unit. The infantrymen move faster and have an automatic rifle, while heavy weapons units have to timely reload their missile launcher after every one launch, or two rapid launches (I'm pretty sure). Plus, the infantryman has more ammo for his rifle, so when the heavy weapons unit is out of missiles, he's pretty much screwed.

Regardless, if there is a class that is good against infantry and good against vehicles then you can sign me up. I remember reading that it is going to be like bf1942 rock paper scissors class system and having a class good against both would be completly against the system.

It should be similar to the L.A.W. in BFV, you can take infantry out with it, but most of the time it isn't practical.

jasperw, not to mention that if the rocket is good against infantry then there will be little reason to be the assault class.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree that heavy waepons shouldn't be strong against infantery. I just said that some people who visited the press event said it was. I like it the way it is in battlefield.

I don't get your argument. The first point you are trying to get across is that people complain about panzers in ET which has no connection to the original topic which is about Darktroopers ruining the feel of the classic battles. Your second point is valid to a certain extent. I already mentioned why anti-armor troops are a necessary evil. The pilot is needed to build/destroy things and give out medicine. The marksman is debatable but at least the the pilot, marksman, or anti-armor trooper do no jump 30ft into the air ruining the battle's atmosphere. We know how these battles went down, and in these battles a bunny-hooping imperial did not exist. If they did exist it would have been almost impossible for the Rebals to cover their flanks. The Ewoks who were making traps would have gotten mowed down by Darktroopers

Anyway, TK-8252 and yaebginn said it best.

How do you know if they didn't release the game yet?

maybe the Darktrooper will be slow like someone said. His gun doesn't shooting fast, so troopers can take him down if he missed them.

I say, let's wait for the launch, when everyone get the game, and then we'll say if the Darktrooper should be in-game or not.

Originally posted by yaebginn

alegis, we'll all be newbs when we start, but its about ruining the moment. its supposed to be an awesome reinactment of the classic battles. and then someone with no respect, kinda like bimblasterbob in the rpg forum, pops up and screws it up. I'm for the darktrooper, but not in classic battles, only for messing around.

they raped the meaning of it kinda, newbie is someone who's new to the game (if its kinda unique) or FPS. Noobs are those who aren't and suck

Are you sure that was a dark trooper? I heard somewheres that the Republic special clone troop had jump jets. I think he had a shotgun esque blaster. I heard somewhere else that DT had a rocket gun. Anywa here's a way to even it out a bit.

-DT cant run fast when on the ground

-Jetpack has to recharge to be used again/only limited amount of uses.

-Slightly Slow moving rockets.

-Reload times!

Those 4 things can turn a seemingly Uber class into one that

needs some skill and strategizing to use properly.

And wasnt the vanguard at the battle of Hoth? Were they not in the trenches? Or maybe that was marksman? Well anyway, i think DTs should be in, i mean, Officiers would be nice, but in another thread people were complaining about armor and things. WHAT ARMOR DOES OFFICIER HAVE? If they took DT out what would they do with the Rep. Jump Jet unit, then it wouldnt be "Pre"ing the Dark Trooper. :dtrooper:

POST NUMBER ONE, yay!

The Dark Trooper does not have a rocket launcher of any kind. All he has is the standard blaster pistol, a shotgun-like blaster cannon, and thermal detonators. Now, the Republic Jet Trooper has a real jetpack that allows you to fly around. His blaster is a Merr-Sonn EM Pulse Launcher which fires electromagnetic pulse blasts, which are very effective against mechanical devices, such as Battle Droids, at close range.

:fett: The whole darktrooper thing doesn't bother me that much,(unless they're superpowerful), I think it would be cool if someone made a mod to change them into Boba Fett! Then thats all I'd play as! Not just because I'm a really big Boba Fett fan ,but also because they'd be like the only imperial unit that could hide really well in forest maps. I know Boba Fett rarely fights in wars,but you could just say that the leader had a giant bounty on his head and all those other soldiers are in his way. He slaughtered an entire Imperial garrison on Vryssa to capture a single person who had a medium size bounty on his head. :fett:

Originally posted by TheNoJediDude

Are you sure that was a dark trooper? I heard somewheres that the Republic special clone troop had jump jets. I think he had a shotgun esque blaster. I heard somewhere else that DT had a rocket gun. Anywa here's a way to even it out a bit.

-DT cant run fast when on the ground

-Jetpack has to recharge to be used again/only limited amount of uses.

-Slightly Slow moving rockets.

-Reload times!

Those 4 things can turn a seemingly Uber class into one that

needs some skill and strategizing to use properly.

And wasnt the vanguard at the battle of Hoth? Were they not in the trenches? Or maybe that was marksman? Well anyway, i think DTs should be in, i mean, Officiers would be nice, but in another thread people were complaining about armor and things. WHAT ARMOR DOES OFFICIER HAVE? If they took DT out what would they do with the Rep. Jump Jet unit, then it wouldnt be "Pre"ing the Dark Trooper. :dtrooper:

POST NUMBER ONE, yay!

]

Agree.

Originally posted by TK-8252

How can you agree with his post...? Parts of what he said are incorrect.

I think he might be pointing to a specific part of my post. Well, I said "I think" that some of those things, but you know, people can always be wrong. Well, maybe you were right about Dark Trooper gun, i just thought i read somewhere it had a rocket of some sort. I must have been mistaken. Well, we won't know if it will be a total n00b magnet until it ships...

[EDIT] I took a lot out of my post because i started to sway off topic.

I think most people agree that imperial officiers play a more important role in the film than darktroopers, so if you want to have the best starwars-experience, the darktrooper should be taken out instead of the IO.

I rather want the IO than the DT too, but I see dat Lucasarts can't take it out. By doing that, the fifth character isn't a goiod ting for a team. but just half of what the pilot is in the other teams. That wouldn't be very good for the balance of the game.

Archived