Home

Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else

Vader's_Punishe

Originally posted by psych0fred

Dark Troopers are a unit players can select in instant action single or multiplayer but in the historical campaign, which is based on the battles in the movies, you won't see a Dark Trooper on Hoth or Endor just like you wont see a super battledroid on the fields of Naboo. In instant action all units are available.

Psych0fred

i doubt it, that would be unfair if one team lost one of their units

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JamesNI

Having just played the demo... over and over and over, the Dark Troopers really aren't that strong of a unit. At all.

And rushing in... without playing tactically... well,in the demo on hard mode, it realyl gets you messed up real quick!!

i think i may actually like the Darktrooper. in BFV i like to play an inantry unit with the shotgun. when i do, i usually rank in the top three. i think that if you just use tactics withe the Darktrooper, it'd be a great unit

Originally posted by LMF

i think i may actually like the Darktrooper. in BFV i like to play an inantry unit with the shotgun. when i do, i usually rank in the top three. i think that if you just use tactics withe the Darktrooper, it'd be a great unit

Tip: download battlefield 1942 secret weapons of world war II demo. You've got a jet pack there too, and I believe it's very similar to the dark trooper jet pack.

Originally posted by joesdomain

I really don't want to be chased down by some robot with a jetpack in endor especially when you are living the classic star wars battles of the original trilogy. That is what the official trailer said in a nutshell on the official website. Basically living and renact the classical battles!

Joe, you know what? I don't give a **** about "reinacting the battles"! Why, you ask? I want a good game, not something that follows the movies from every aspect! Even if it were all EU ( which the EU does have more interesting soldier-type guys, but that's not the point ) i'd buy it. So shut up and be ****in' glad the game's even coming out.

When Lucasarts and Padenimc are trying to sell this game with mention of living the classic battles of either trilogy I would think I could use any vehicle or starship or planet/location or trooper type that was in the 5 films plus maybe a few from episode III. Don't want to ruin episode III with too much new information this early. Imperial Officer, Imperial Probe Droid, Tie Interceptor, Naboo Starfighter, and Dwarf Spider Droid should of all been in the game has playable units except probe droid. They should be floating around hoth helping you locate your enemy.

After playing the demo for awhile I don't see the big deal with the Dark trooper. You can't really hit anything when your jet pack is enabled. Plus the weapon he has is just a modern shotgun. Up close it's brutal 1 or 2 hits and the opponent is dead but from farther away you might as well have a sling and a rock. But he is fun to play around with. But if you jump into 2 or 3 enemy's you dead because you can only fire 5 times and then you have to reload, all the while the enemy is blasting you away.

In the game "Dark Forces," Dark Trooper phases one and two have a jetpack.

And, according to the official Star Wars database, they have jetpacks.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/darktroopers/eu.html

The Phase Two trooper was much more refined, bearing a gunmetal gray armored exterior reminiscent of stormtrooper uniforms. Equipped with a repulsorlift pack and maneuvering jets, this massive automated soldier was extremely agile, and typically armed with a powerful plasma shell assault cannon and long-range explosive rockets.

The Star Wars Battlefront Dark Trooper is modeled after the phase two, but with its own spin put on it.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Considering how big the maps are, the Dark Trooper would probably run out of jetpack fuel pretty quick. :p

Do you think it will be managed that way? If you jump to much you will be out of fuel? I can imagine that will be the case for the jetpacktrooper since he can stay in the air as long as he likes. The darktrooper on the other hand will only be able to jump a little bit higher, so giving him fuel as another limit would be useless.

Anyway, I agree that the jetpack- and darktrooper have a huge advantage when it comes to moving on some maps. In Kamino a jetpacktrooper can jump from platform to platform. In kashyyyk a darktrooper will probably be usefull. In maps as Hoth their jetpacks will have a less important function. Maybe they can get on a roof or something, but that's about it.

Originally posted by Sniper91

The darktrooper thing bothers me a little but why take out the officer leave him in also.

definately, the Mossburg is nasty in this game. i can single handedly take over a CP with this thing. not all the time, but its happened more than once, like last nigh for instance

really i think the darktrooper sucks, like it was said before if you jump into a couple of guys, you're basically dead because its just like a pump action shotgun. If you're lucky ull kill one guy possibly two. The only thing i used the dark trooper for was quick attacks. Jetpack in, take out a guy or two, jetpack out. But the darktrooper is nothing to worry about for online play...shoot him when hes in the air and lands, and sside strafe, he'll miss and u blast him

Originally posted by Revlt Coranier

I thought it was modeled after the phase three, because the phase three can fit a human inside to control it.

Here's a pic of the phase two:

http://darkforces.future.easyspace.com/pix/phase2.gif

Here's a pic of the phase three:

http://darkforces.future.easyspace.com/pix/phase3.gif

Here's a pic of the SWBF Dark Trooper:

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/543/543551/star-wars-battlefront-20040831043120646-000.jpg

:)

Originally posted by Mountainforest

Do you think it will be managed that way? If you jump to much you will be out of fuel? I can imagine that will be the case for the jetpacktrooper since he can stay in the air as long as he likes. The darktrooper on the other hand will only be able to jump a little bit higher, so giving him fuel as another limit would be useless.

In the videos you can see a fuel bar on the HUD just like on the Jet Trooper.

The Darktrooper would of been fine in a EU map like Rhen Var for the EU people! Hoth, Bespin, Endor and even Tatoonie should of had Imperial Officers. But then again I am still about not having Imperial Probe Droids floating around Hoth map while we battle. Most Hoth maps in other star wars games had probe droids.

The Dark trooper is actually my favorite imperial unit right now. Before playing the game, I was eager to try this guy out, after all, they were my favorite part of Dark Forces. Now that I have the demo, he is my first choice all the time. Jumping from ewok platform to ewok platform is extremely fun. And nothing beats throwing grenades from above while flying over some troops. Not to mention how cool it looks when some one else activates the jet pack in front of you. Looked something reminiscent of Luke jumping out of the carbon freeze chamber after being pushed in by Vader. I can't imagine the officer being as fun as this guy.

The dark trooper is also a good tribute to Dark Forces, the gateway of Star Wars gaming.

Archived