Home

Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else

Vader's_Punishe

I stopped reading after the 3rd page...

Anyway I like the DT. lol It's fun to jet jump behined a sniper and blast them in the back while they are in the prone.

Though when I was looking up the game I noticed the Rebels have Smuggler Wookiees. I thought instead of a DT why not a generic Bounty Hunter with similar skills as the Rebel Smuggler. With or without a Jet pack and not "Boba Fett" like someone else mentioned. Seeing dozens of Boba Fett clones would just be silly.

Maybe a Trandoshan type BH that would go good with the Wookiees. Seeing how they don't like each other very well. lol

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what game you play, on whatever system you play it, there will ALWAYS be people snivaling about something. Whether it's not right because of this or that. Our that it's to easy to use it. or that it's deadly.

It's supposed to be there because it's in the game. It's in the game becauses somebody thought it should be. Don't Whine or complain. Just deal with it.

You think that any Commander would say Lets not use *THIS* because it kills the enemy to easily and in turn they can't kill us... HELL NO.

Kill and Learn, Live and Learn, Die and Learn.

Darktroopers rock. I think they balance very well. And as far as being true to the films, if the game didn't take SOME liberty, Rebs could never win on hoth and imps could never win on endor...because that's not how it happened in the movies. I don't want to play "Episode V: The Game". I want open ended battles, and a chance to see things happen differently. I love the idea of Darktroopers being in the game...I find their real strength to be in places like Mos Eisly, though, not hoth or endor.

It's fun as heck anyway, so what's to complain about? here's your silver lining: you COULD be left with SWG for your only SW online fix.

Anyone that's a veteran from the Dark Forces days will probably have a soft spot for Dark Troopers. I don't mind their addition to the game, besides, I'm sure a few could've survived until the end of the GCW. The Empire is notorious for bringing back old projects *cough* Death Star *cough*.

ok i played around with dark troopers a bit and the only thing they are good for are like many have already suggested. hit and run, or should i say, hit and jump lol. i reckon the blaster cannon is lame though and darktroops should have the mortar launcher which the imperial pilots use and given the pilots the stupid shotgun thing. did u notice the rebel pilots have the shotgun weapon too?

alliance pilots have the exact same gun darktroopers use, a golan arms blaster cannon.

the darktroopers should be more like the clone jetpack troop with a longer hover rate and a mortar launcher.

imperial pilot has a mortar launcher. alliance pilot has a golan arms blaster cannon. the dark trooper also has a crappy golans arms blaster cannon. the clone jettroop has a mortar launcher thing....... is anyone seeing the stupidity here?

Originally posted by joesdomain

Then there is the other reason why I wanted this game to be close to the movies as possible without too much eu. That reason is when I read an lucasarts press release saying that once Battlefront, Republic Commando, Star wars Lego Game, and Revenge of the Sith video games come out it will be the last time they make any video game based during either prequel trilogy or original trilogy. So basically PS2 players would just get one original trilogy game for PS2.

I've heard that before, about the OT material. :D

And look at us, we're still playing games dealing with material from those 3 first films. :p

(first meaning Ep IV, V, and VI ;) )

Originally posted by LoQ

I don't mind the dark troopers on Hoth. You can justify it by saying "If that battle was real, there was a lot of it that we didn't see. So for all we know there very well could have been a dark trooper or two." ;)

But that's not correct. The story of the Dark Trooper is told in the Dark Forces series, and no battles seen in the movies (or I think even in this game) had Dark Troopers present.

Originally posted by TK-8252

But that's not correct. The story of the Dark Trooper is told in the Dark Forces series, and no battles seen in the movies (or I think even in this game) had Dark Troopers present.

What you said did not match the quote. He said that since we didn't see all of the battles, then there COULD have been darktroopers, after all, they're supposed to be rare. Just because they were in dark forces means they can't be in the movie? My my, someone better tell those stormtroopers...

Originally posted by AIVAS

What you said did not match the quote. He said that since we didn't see all of the battles, then there COULD have been darktroopers, after all, they're supposed to be rare. Just because they were in dark forces means they can't be in the movie? My my, someone better tell those stormtroopers...

If you understood my post, I said that we know there were no Dark Troopers in those battles because of the story told in Dark Forces. In Dark Forces, we learned where the Dark Troopers were deployed and when they were destroyed.

Originally posted by TK-8252

If you understood my post, I said that we know there were no Dark Troopers in those battles because of the story told in Dark Forces. In Dark Forces, we learned where the Dark Troopers were deployed and when they were destroyed.

Oh, I see now. All right, but still, I don't see why anyone but the purists who seem to get upset over any minor thing would have a problem with them, this isn't an insult directed at anyone, just what I've seen so far.

If you guys wat my opinion for Endor or on hoth here how it should go: On Hoth they should get rid og the Imperial shocktrooper, and the darktrooper, For th Rebels they shouldn've got rid of the wookie and maybe the vanguard but then it'll be alot harder but it'll be more like the movies which is what everybody wants. Same on endor imperials should only have the stormtrooper, scout trooper, and the Pilot. Rebels should have the soldiers, Pilots and scout. Forget the Darktrooper or the shocktrooper or the vanguard or wookie. That's my opinion on making the classic battles like the movie.

Now ive played this class...

keep them, they are really fun, jumping towards your enemy and landing infront of his face scares the hell outta him, thats what happend once with me, i just stood infront of him, and i could just see the player had a heart-attack, because his player was shaking in every direction xD

a very enjoyable class! :D

Archived