Home

Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else

Vader's_Punishe

Originally posted by Jet Black

Like I said, I'm not the most voiced in Star Wars knowledge, but even I know that the Empire would never want non-humans on their side :)

Even though an Imperial official called them "scum," Vader hired a group of non-human (all except one, who was a cyborg I think) Bounty Hunters to find the Millennium Falcon.

Darth Maul isn't human, but then he was secretly employed by Senator Palpatine (as Lord Sideous). The Galaxy at large had no idea about him and he died before the Empire was formed.

In the EU we've got the overhyped Grand Admiral Thrawn, but he was a freakish anomaly (the only non-human Imperial of any rank that we know of), given a backwater post out of the way so he missed the Galactic Civil War pretty much.

So I think it's fair to say that while the Empire may not like non-humans in general and publically have distaste for them and other racist attitudes, they will use them sometimes when it is a benefit to them.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am not mistaken, aren't Darktroopers meant to be robots ?

I know Starwars Supremacy had them as dark greenish bulky jet pack units which looked cool and in starwars battlegrounds they were similar but grey and no jet packs.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/darktroopers/img/eu_bg.jpg

(offical image)

Type:

Advanced battle droid

Weapon:

laster rifle, seeker missiles, assault cannons, various others

>Equipped with a repulsorlift pack and maneuvering jets, this massive automated soldier was extremely agile, and typically armed with a powerful plasma shell assault cannon and long-range explosive rockets.

Also isn't the Clone jetpacker meant to have wings on their jetpacks ? I am certian I seen a image of it somewhere (maybe the Clonewars series)

and ARC Troopers being the SAS version of Clone troopers (see below for screen shot)

more bugs include Pilots = Yellow (correct in game just showing the different types) ,

http://www.starwars.jp/organization/image/clone_trooper_pilot.jpg

Missle Troopers/ Heavy Weapons = Red

http://www.thecustomalliance.com/sherant/as-clonecommissile.jpg

http://www.kmart.com/graphics/product_images/p1008708reg.jpg

Scout/Sniper = Blue

http://www.r2dtoys.com/productimages/blueclone_sml.jpg

Battle Leader = Yellow ,

http://www.starwars.jp/organization/image/clone_trooper.jpg

Arc = Purple/grey/etc commando looking , http://www.excalibur.li/store/catalog/84815_imageMain400.jpg

Squad Leaders + JetPack Men = Red

(if i remember correctly, just can't find the damn image)

suba trooper = Black

http://www.geocities.com/kwenndb/ScubaClone_bg.jpg

(I included links to show what i mean where possible)

edit : updated Dark trooper comment

Originally posted by Kurgan

Even though an Imperial official called them "scum," Vader hired a group of non-human (all except one, who was a cyborg I think) Bounty Hunters to find the Millennium Falcon.

Darth Maul isn't human, but then he was secretly employed by Senator Palpatine (as Lord Sideous). The Galaxy at large had no idea about him and he died before the Empire was formed.

In the EU we've got the overhyped Grand Admiral Thrawn, but he was a freakish anomaly (the only non-human Imperial of any rank that we know of), given a backwater post out of the way so he missed the Galactic Civil War pretty much.

So I think it's fair to say that while the Empire may not like non-humans in general and publically have distaste for them and other racist attitudes, they will use them sometimes when it is a benefit to them.

Gotcha. Thanks for the correction :)

I dont know if its just me but I didn't see Dark Troopers flyin around on jet packs and crashin into trees while the Ewoks and Rebs. tore into the Imps. on Endor. But on Hoth I probably wouldn't mind Dark Troopers cause they really didn't go into depth about the battle of Hoth, they only really showed Snowtroopers, AT-ATs, Snowspeeders, Rebs. gettin slaughtered:D ,and turrets. So you really dont know what else was out there lurking in the snow....:jawa:eek:

Originally posted by Flaming Dart

I dont know if its just me but I didn't see Dark Troopers flyin around on jet packs and crashin into trees while the Ewoks and Rebs. tore into the Imps. on Endor. But on Hoth I probably wouldn't mind Dark Troopers cause they really didn't go into depth about the battle of Hoth, they only really showed Snowtroopers, AT-ATs, Snowspeeders, Rebs. gettin slaughtered:D ,and turrets. So you really dont know what else was out there lurking in the snow....:jawa:eek:

I just finished the campaigns and I didn't see any Dark Troopers on Endor either, but it's possible they are still selectable for a Multiplayer match?

Sigh, why can't you people who think Darktroopers ruin Hoth/Endor be a little less anal?

Keep them, they kick ass. They're my 2nd favorite class to play as overall, and no, they don't suck, as long as you use them correctly. They're meant to assault CP's, and clear them out, so you can overtake them. 2 or 3 DT's can do a decent job of tearing up a pretty populated CP, and turning it over to the Empire. The jetpacks have 2 big uses to me : A, getting out of a sticky situation, and B, getting into one. By the time a few DT's assault a CP and die, the backup Imperial troops will already be there to overtake the area and pick up where they left off. I think they made the slow recharge of the jetpack on purpose, mainly for doing what I listed above. The DT isn't meant for bunny hopping all over the map, he's meant to take CP's.

Originally posted by The Hype

Sigh, why can't you people who think Darktroopers ruin Hoth/Endor be a little less anal?

Keep them, they kick ass. They're my 2nd favorite class to play as overall, and no, they don't suck, as long as you use them correctly. They're meant to assault CP's, and clear them out, so you can overtake them. 2 or 3 DT's can do a decent job of tearing up a pretty populated CP, and turning it over to the Empire. The jetpacks have 2 big uses to me : A, getting out of a sticky situation, and B, getting into one. By the time a few DT's assault a CP and die, the backup Imperial troops will already be there to overtake the area and pick up where they left off. I think they made the slow recharge of the jetpack on purpose, mainly for doing what I listed above. The DT isn't meant for bunny hopping all over the map, he's meant to take CP's.

To bad they all flew head first into a tree and got knocked out :p

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

Meanwhile back at the ranch. Farmer John doesn't seem to give a CRAP.

Um, okay? This is a topic about how Dark Troopers don't necessarily fit in the storyline of Star Wars and about replacing them with someone more storyline-acceptable.

My posting was far more 'on topic' than yours, but thanks for coming out.

Back to the topic at hand - I think the dark troopers on those maps are fine. I'm not the right person to tell you there's no 'possible' way to write them into the scenarios, so it doesn't take any emmersion away from me. The Dark Trooper is a good balance and I like him :)

Now the Clone Jettrooper is a little bit too powerful, IMHO - but that's another discussion entirely ;)

Um, okay? This is a topic about how Dark Troopers don't necessarily fit in the storyline of Star Wars and about replacing them with someone more storyline-acceptable.

I think he meant that the average player doesn't care.

I guess subtle humor is a bit hard to pull off in this forum...

ok, i realise its been a while sence someone poste don this but i've played BF and the darktrooper is pretty crappy. their gun is like a lazer shot gun that really blows, and their "jetpack" only get u like 50 feet in the air and then is usless for like 3 minutes till it recharges. so yall made such a big deal over a half-assed player class. my fav has got to be either the clone jet trooper cuse they can actually fly with theirs, or the sniper cuse the can snipe and do orbital strikes. :D

-Blazin out.

Originally posted by =[GKZ]=Blazin

ok, i realise its been a while sence someone poste don this but i've played BF and the darktrooper is pretty crappy. their gun is like a lazer shot gun that really blows, and their "jetpack" only get u like 50 feet in the air and then is usless for like 3 minutes till it recharges. so yall made such a big deal over a half-assed player class. my fav has got to be either the clone jet trooper cuse they can actually fly with theirs, or the sniper cuse the can snipe and do orbital strikes. :D

-Blazin out.

Crappy class ? Fancy a game then ?

DT's are for people with brains.

All those people being mad because of that dark trooper , i just bought battlefront , didn't play it yet , but this situation makes me think of all those people flaming at the battlefield vietnmam forums because there was a weapon that was overpowered , EA games saw it and they did something against it , so that the noobs wouldn't be running around and sprayin' , dis is the same situation and i hope that the next patch will fix it :bdroid2::c3po:

I just got booted out a game... I kept getting scores for example (last game) 41 kills 8 deaths and 3 captures

while 2nd came with 11 kills 9 deaths and 1 capture

the rest were below that... and also i was the only human player on my team.

Originally posted by NGC>Nitro

All those people being mad because of that dark trooper , i just bought battlefront , didn't play it yet , but this situation makes me think of all those people flaming at the battlefield vietnmam forums because there was a weapon that was overpowered , EA games saw it and they did something against it , so that the noobs wouldn't be running around and sprayin' , dis is the same situation and i hope that the next patch will fix it :bdroid2::c3po:

It's not quite the same... I don't think the Dark Trooper is overpowered 'really'. I think the argument is more like the guys on the Vietnam forums that say:

"The model for the Hind in BF:V is a preproduction model that never made it to battle and is therefore unrealistic - as is the Chinook. And don't get us started on whether a Huey is capable of airlifting an M551 Sheridan Tank"

I'm not saying their arguments are invalid, just that this discussion reminds me of those. People who know the Star Wars story better than others (like those who know war history better than others) will be bothered by little things the rest of us will really have no idea.

I didn't know Dark Troopers didn't exist in those battles until I came to this forum ;)

Originally posted by Jet Black

I didn't know Dark Troopers didn't exist in those battles until I came to this forum ;)

Funny thing, I never noticed any ARC or Jetpack Troopers at the end of Episode 2 either. They're are plenty other faults with the BF and Film timelines but that's only because the game is more fun this way. I mean, it would be crap if you only got certain classes on certain maps and if that was the case I bet you'd all be here moaning about 'why can't I be the Darktrooper on Hoth?'

Originally posted by oldmanfunk

Funny thing, I never noticed any ARC or Jetpack Troopers at the end of Episode 2 either. They're are plenty other faults with the BF and Film timelines but that's only because the game is more fun this way. I mean, it would be crap if you only got certain classes on certain maps and if that was the case I bet you'd all be here moaning about 'why can't I be the Darktrooper on Hoth?'

Agreed, and you said it in fewer words than me too, excellent!

But the thing is, ARC Troopers were active in the Clone Wars. Weren't some supposed to be some on Geonosis, but were never shown? Besides, they have to be in the game because they're the missile launcher unit. How would you destroy CIS vehicles without a missile launcher? Dark Troopers are not needed, strategy-wise. Dark Troopers were not active at all during the Galactic Civil War. And in Dark Forces, the Dark Troopers are nothing like the Dark Troopers in Battlefront. People aren't complaining about Jet Troopers because, well, they're just a regular Clone Trooper with a jetpack stuck on him. It's nothing fancy, plus, I've heard there's a new Clone Trooper with a jetpack in Episode III anyway. Not to mention the Dark Trooper replaced the Imperial Officer, which actually made sense to have.

Originally posted by TK-8252

But the thing is, ARC Troopers were active in the Clone Wars. Weren't some supposed to be some on Geonosis, but were never shown? Besides, they have to be in the game because they're the missile launcher unit.

Originally posted by TK-8252

People aren't complaining about Jet Troopers because, well, they're just a regular Clone Trooper with a jetpack stuck on him.

ARC don't need to be in the game, just give another Clone trooper a rocket launcher (it worked for the Jet Trooper, in your opinion). There also wasn't any Battle Droids with rocket launchers in EP1 or 2 either, but they're in the game.

The point I'm making is that it's all done with the players enjoyment in mind, you could make the game exactly like the movies but I bet it wouldn't be half as much fun.

But there were no Clone Troopers with missile launchers. There were ARC Troopers with missile launchers, and were in the battles (just not in the movies). So what's the problem with ARC Troopers? Sure, it's pushing the "accuracy," but you have to have missile launchers. Dark Troopers are both inaccurate and unneeded.

Archived