Home

Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else

Vader's_Punishe

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Zerosaber

If you guys wat my opinion for Endor or on hoth here how it should go: On Hoth they should get rid og the Imperial shocktrooper, and the darktrooper, For th Rebels they shouldn've got rid of the wookie and maybe the vanguard but then it'll be alot harder but it'll be more like the movies which is what everybody wants. Same on endor imperials should only have the stormtrooper, scout trooper, and the Pilot. Rebels should have the soldiers, Pilots and scout. Forget the Darktrooper or the shocktrooper or the vanguard or wookie. That's my opinion on making the classic battles like the movie.

With your idea, there's now almost 0 chance of destroying armored vehicles. You have to have the missile launcher.

I thought they would have different skins to reflect the snow levels, in ESB they had snowtroopers. I don't like the fact that dark troopers were in the game I thought they would be much better off with an officer class, or something else from the movies. A probe droid class would have made much more sense to me than anything else. Seems they are in EVERY single other star wars game ever made (aside from the x-wing series and other space combat games).

Hmmm, yes, Dark troopers do not belong in Endor or Hoth. Ok, since we're getting technical, here, please eliminate the ability to roll. I'm sick of seeing people wearing massive ruck sacks and such rolling time after time after time quickly and flawlessly, restricting my ability to hit them.

Stop whining.

Originally posted by Zerosaber

If you guys wat my opinion for Endor or on hoth here how it should go: On Hoth they should get rid og the Imperial shocktrooper, and the darktrooper, For th Rebels they shouldn've got rid of the wookie and maybe the vanguard but then it'll be alot harder but it'll be more like the movies which is what everybody wants. Same on endor imperials should only have the stormtrooper, scout trooper, and the Pilot. Rebels should have the soldiers, Pilots and scout. Forget the Darktrooper or the shocktrooper or the vanguard or wookie. That's my opinion on making the classic battles like the movie.

i have yet to play the game but any way:

AMEN BROTHER/SISTER/WHAT EVER YOU ARE:p

I say save the historical accuracy for the historical campaign. In the campaign, there are no darktroopers on Hoth or endor, and no super battle droids on naboo. They did that so it would be somwhat realistic to the movies. But outside of the campaign, the battles aren't supposed to exactly depict the battle from the movies. That's good enough for me.

Besides, the Dark trooper sucks major butt. Oh look! I can jump really high for no reason, but only once every 20 friggin seconds! Oooh! And a gun that fires slow and is impossible to aim because all your shots miss the target! Oh boy!

I keep giving the Dark Trooper a chance, but it just sucks so much. I don't think I've every gotten a kill with one, and I always die a lot sooner than when I use anything else.

I havent played the game yet so correct me if im wrong but I at least know the guns a spreader. So my guess is it would best be used for groups of enimies.Eg. A bunch of people band together take a dark-trooper or two and blast into the mass and more then likely you'll kill more then one from the blast radius.

although i'm probably wrong

If Dark Troopers had an assault cannon/missile launcher like they're *supposed* to have, they would see much more use. They'de also be very fun :D

After all, the DT suit here is supposed to be a cross between a Phase 2 and Phase 3 (General Mohc) DT.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

I've heard that before, about the OT material. :D

And look at us, we're still playing games dealing with material from those 3 first films. :p

(first meaning Ep IV, V, and VI ;) )

Yes very true, I remember right when Episode 1 came out they said that they were not going to make any more games from the era of the original movies. That whatever game came out at that time (I wish i could remember which one it was), was going to be the last one ever to take place from that era. All other Star Wars games will now take place in the prequel era. They made quite a big deal out of this.

Well since that announcement we have had TWO games from the Jedi Knight series come out, another from the rouge squadron series, a real time strategy game, etc. All from the original trilogy era. The list just goes on and on. So don't believe a word of it.

When it comes down to it, it's all about $$$$$! Do you honestly think that if a game comes out that takes place in the prequel era makes a boat load of money, lucasarts won't come up with a sequel for it? Yeah right, and pull my other leg and it will pay jingle bells!

Yes, I remember that as well. Force Commander was supposed to be the "last game based on the Classic Trilogy."

Since then we've gotten RS III: Rebel Strike, SWG (although arguably this has lots of EU mixed in but it's set during the OT period, so I think it counts), Galactic Battlegrounds and Battlefront (though one could argue that the latter two mix the OT material with EU and Prequel stuff).

The KOTOR and JK series's I would call EU (only Dark Forces was set during the time of the OT).

One has to remember that at the time they made that statement they assumed that Episode I was going to be a lot bigger than it was (most of the EU games sucked, and were cancelled on several platforms with massive delays...), so they assumed all the future games were going to be prequel based. Likewise we've gotten a new LA president, and lots of developers have been laid off. A new strategy has been put forth (during the administration of the last president and continued with the new one) of being more open with the fan communities AND with liscensing out projects to third party developers (with advising from LA of course) instead of doing everything in-house (with a few rare exceptions).

So that statement is (thankfully) outdated I'd say!

PS: Did anyone pick up that ARC Troopers aren't in the movies either? ; )

The Darktroopers suck. they have some kind of shotgun like blaster rifle that could kill a rebel soldier on two shots if standing VERY close. the jetpack is more a jump with is getting longer because of the jetpack burst the jetpack also takes about 5 years to recharge and you can't stay in air very long so the darktroopers really suck i would worry more of the clone jettrooper. and on hoth both schoktroopers and vanguards are needed the vanguards is good for taking out at-st's and help taking out:atat: the shocktroopers can use their guided misiles to take out any :sspeeder:

I'll admit that I'm a Star Wars fan and have seen the movies, but really don't know much EU stuff other than a few references to things in games like Dark Forces and Star Wars: Galaxies.

For me, the Dark Trooper name was familiar, but I really didn't remember what they were, so I didn't lose any "Star Wars" feeling while playing alongside or as these guys.

As far as the class itself, it pretty cool IMHO. It's nice to be something different once in a while - plus I had a good experience as a Dark Trooper on Tattoine jumping over a house to a control point, killing two Rebels at close range, and taking the spot ;)

Originally posted by Kurgan

Yes, but they are well mentioned during the Clone Wars. They or the Dark Troopers aren't overpowered on unbalanced. The Dark Troopers are out of place and take some skill to use well. Sometimes I have good luck with them and sometimes I don't. They are very good for taking objectives fast and getting back at the pesky sniper that won't let you have any peace.

I still think they should be replaced with a Generic Trandosian Bounty Hunters to go with the generic Wookiee smugglers. LOL

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

I still think they should be replaced with a Generic Trandosian Bounty Hunters to go with the generic Wookiee smugglers. LOL

Like I said, I'm not the most voiced in Star Wars knowledge, but even I know that the Empire would never want non-humans on their side :)

True they are not in the Movie's, but they are in the Cartoon series which is done by the creators of Samuria Jack with the Story written by George Lucas

so they are official.

Originally posted by Drazek

True they are not in the Movie's, but they are in the Cartoon series which is done by the creators of Samuria Jack with the Story written by George Lucas

so they are official.

Oh, I agree with you there, and I have no problem with it. But I was just saying that they are not in the movies (just like the Darktroopers).

I have no problem with the games using material not in the movies, I'm just pointing it out (since everyone jumped on the Darktrooper thing). ;)

The part about Lucas is true, but irrelevant, the entire EU is approved by Lucas, or it wouldn't be legally allowed to carry the SW logo. Again, I have no problem with non-movie stuff being used in or invented in games. It's the notion that this one thing shouldn't be allowed, but other stuff not seen in the movies is ignored or given a pass.

Archived