Home

Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else

Vader's_Punishe

Yeah seriously, no one ever said that they wanted to re-enact the game, everyone just wants a game that seems fairly accurate to what the movies where, just nothing there wasn't in the movies. Which is understandable, but I'd rather have a few imperfections and a lot of fun. I'm still all for the dark trooper being in any map, it won't bother me at all.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, alot ofyou guys say 'But Chewie was the only wookie' there were actually alot of wookiees. They started their own resistance against the Empire. Just because you dont see thme ,doesnt mean they arent there. This game is about the guys you dont neccessarily see. We never saw a guy toting a locket launcher blow up a TIE Fighter, but we sure will in the game. This game is about the behind the scenes of Star wars. The movies all focus on the Heros, this is about average Joe, gun toting smoe. Its about his story. The group of little peopel stacked together to make up the Rebellion.

Darktroopers had nothing to do with the 5 films and more than likely not be in Revenge of the Sith. There is no need for them in the game. The darktrooper does not add anything to the game. The Imperial Officer would of been perfect for the game. The Imperial Navy Troopers also would of worked as well. The Jet Pack on the Darktroopers just make it look more like other sci-fiction movies like I Robot, Terminator, Star Trek, or the other sci-fiction movies with robots in them.

i agree the IO would be good but have you tryed the dt i have and its soo good and i didnt think it would be good so just try it first then by all means hate it as long as you've tryed it

(that sounds like some bulls*it your parents use to get you to eat your greens i know but im serious just try) and dont give my some yoda crap about there is no try only do or do not cos i dont care

nah Dark Troopers are cool, because in the expanded universe 1 of them is like the preadator from the movies but has force powers which are deadly like everyone knows dark troopers should be there because they are a part of the imperials units but would they really risk a officer so he can eventually run off like in da books? :sbdance

Wow despite the triple post and bad language skills I managed to decifer that. Since when did Predator have a jetpack and a laser shotgun. He had thermal sight and a gun that came out of his shoulder. Plus Dark Troopers aren't Force Sensitive they were originally robots.

OMG, I've turned into a star wars nerd....

I agree with a couple people on the issue of winning. Of course winning a game is important but I would seriously play the game sometimes just to walk the map and look at the nice scenary that Pandemic came up with. Basically explore all the planet maps! Try to look for things in the game that are from the movies.

Originally posted by ImpHater

lol thats funny!!!!but ya i didn't know that they had a laser shotgun.what a contradiction.a jet pack is used to go up getting you a away from the enemy but a shot gun is made to be close range.man i bet dark troopers suck!!!

In this case, a jetpack is for getting to your enemy fast, so a sotgun is quit logical.

Originally posted by Virtuosis

I really don't think its for getting there faster, I think its more to get the trooper to a more tacticly sound position. Such as high ground, or behind the enemy. It really doesn't look like it will do much good to get you there faster...

Getting on high ground isn't a vantage point for someone with a shotgun. I really think the jetpack is to get to someone in a straight line, without being shot (as its harder to aim for a flying person).

But it could also be used for infiltration. A darktrooper can use ways others can't. This could be usefull to get to a base.

Any position that is higher can be an advantage even to someone with a shotgun, you still have the potential of hitting them. Its also has a distracting effect on someone. To have someone over you shooting at you can always distract you from the real problem of whatever is below them.

Originally posted by Virtuosis

Any position that is higher can be an advantage even to someone with a shotgun, you still have the potential of hitting them. Its also has a distracting effect on someone. To have someone over you shooting at you can always distract you from the real problem of whatever is below them.

Distracting people from the real problem is nice, but you then also have a great chance of becoming cannon fodder. I 'don't think many people will play the darktrooper with that purpose.

But I admit it would be a nice tactic for a clan. If some darktrooper is jumping around then the other team would definetly be distracted.

Archived