Home

Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else

Vader's_Punishe

Originally posted by jedijohn

and i extremly doubt you can go up to an :atat: trap door and through in a pulse grenade to take it down.

actually, I saw the a behind the scenes preview of SWBF and it showa a Rebel pilot below an AT-AT throwing grenades up into an AT-AT. There is a hole but it is on the side. It is hard to hit but you can take them down like that.:atat:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Virtuosis

Heh are you sure about that hole? I saw the same video and all I saw was a rebel pilot throwing grenades at an AT-AT than the grenades bouncing off and blowing the pilot up.

Well from what I could see it looked like it worked, there was a huge explosion so I couldn't tell.But why else would he be throwing grenades up at it anyways. It could work, possibly. ?:confused: ?

At one point in the dev cycle, the darktroopers kicked butt...too much. I would get 90 kills before dying. So his flying/jumping ability was lowered considerably. He was still dominating the boards, so his reload was lengthened. That killed him for me. He was not as fun anymore as I remember. His best asset, besides shotgun capability is his ability to get out of a nasty fire fight in no time. Sometimes you get can survive a dire situation by jumppacking out of the way.

Originally posted by =HR=Meltdown

(which BTW it's not GL's vision, only Episodes I-III are GL's vision, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and the rest of the major actors changed like > 75% of EP IV-VI scripts because frankly (to quote Ford) "George Lucas sucks as a writer",

can you give me a link where it shows all this info to be true?

you might as well say that GL is bad at everything then ,because all he did for 5 and 6 was write and give the final ok for things.

I don't really care if the DT is in Endor or Hoth. I love the movies, and there weren't DTs in the movies, but then again, there weren't floating holograms that people had to capture so they could win the battle. It's a game, and as such, will never ever be just like the movies.

Even if Darktroopers are n00b magnets, remember, the n00bs will still be there, DTs or no. Idiots will still be stupid, jerks, and lame, and they will consequently ruin contiuity. Don't think not having Darktroopers will change the fact that the battles won't be perfect.

Originally posted by JawaJoey

I don't really care if the DT is in Endor or Hoth. I love the movies, and there weren't DTs in the movies, but then again, there weren't floating holograms that people had to capture so they could win the battle. It's a game, and as such, will never ever be just like the movies.

A hollogram doesn't chase you with a jetpack, nor does it shoot you with a hotgun :D

I really don't want to be chased down by some robot with a jetpack in endor especially when you are living the classic star wars battles of the original trilogy. That is what the official trailer said in a nutshell on the official website. Basically living and renact the classical battles!

Well I have read that the jetpack isnt that great. I watched a video where the guy pretty much listed off, went a few feet forward, then his jetpack cut off and he fell. From what I have heard, its horribly inaccurate to shoot down while flying with a jetpack and that the jetpack will accually desend or lose momentum after a few seconds of flight. In my opinion, theyre unfair, but they do have a crappy gun and run really slow, so im not too worried.

Dark Troopers are a unit players can select in instant action single or multiplayer but in the historical campaign, which is based on the battles in the movies, you won't see a Dark Trooper on Hoth or Endor just like you wont see a super battledroid on the fields of Naboo. In instant action all units are available.

Psych0fred

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

I gotta say, alot of guys are worried about noobs killing the game... ...noobs WILL be pwned big time.

When people are talking about noobs, they come in two flavors:

The first kind are mildly annoying but understandable: New players that do dumb things because they are new to the game. Nothing was more fun in DC then loading up in a Blackhawk with a bunch of guys to discover that some no-skill noob was at the stick. LOL

The second kind is what everyone is worried about here: Players that find the most brainless broke weapon/exploitable tactic/ simplistic stratagey and use it over and over because they suck at everything else. We call 'em noobs as an insult, but they might have played the game just as long as anyone else has.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

I gotta say, alot of guys are worried about noobs killing the game. Take it from me, if you're a noob at these types of games, you WILL NOT last very long and will have to actually develop some skill. noobs WILL be pwned big time.

Serioulsy, its looks real easy to die if you dont know what youre doing and just rush in. Even if youre a destroyer droid.

yeah, that won't be a problem. i play BFV and they don't ruin that game, they either adjust or die quickly. besides, as a fan that grew up watching these films, the inclusion of the Darktrooper doesn't bother me in the least, i just hope they don't become a class that’s barely used at all, like the Engineer class in BFV, these guys are just about useless

Archived