Home

Do Darktroopers on Endor and Hoth bother anyone else

Vader's_Punishe

I disliked the Dark Trooper phase I and II version in Galactic Battlegrounds and it's Clone Campaigns expansion pack. Never played the two dark forces games all the through. I am just a old school star wars purist! Stormtroopers, Stormtroopers and more! That also means I like all the movie empire units like the Imperial Navy Guard, Scout Trooper, Imperial Officer, Tie Fighter Pilot, Royal Guard, and Death Star Trooper/Gunner. Then there is the other reason why I wanted this game to be close to the movies as possible without too much eu. That reason is when I read an lucasarts press release saying that once Battlefront, Republic Commando, Star wars Lego Game, and Revenge of the Sith video games come out it will be the last time they make any video game based during either prequel trilogy or original trilogy. So basically PS2 players would just get one original trilogy game for PS2.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i finally got the demo and tried the Darktrooper first to see what all the fuss was about. this guy is so freaking awesome. his gun may have five shots before reload, but you've got a pistol. and to quickly reload your main weapon, just switch then switch back. his jetpack is nice for getting out of a tight space or to get your enemy by surprise. i give this guy two thumbs up

Originally posted by joesdomain

Darktroopers are extremely weak if you try to kill someone from long-distance. The reload of the weapon is slow. Yes, the jet pack makes you travel across the map faster. If you get into a group of rebels like 5-6 or more your in trouble because of the slow reload.

if this happens you fly away then throw a grenade into the crowd

I think they should have stuck with the original idea of having a spy unit for the rebels and have an imperial officer class for the imperials. Using the dark trooper shows a lack of imagination. Either that or they should have considered making an imperial assasin class (emperor's hand sorta, minus the force) that is armed with close combat weapons that are quiet and stealthy in operation.

Originally posted by ShadowMarth03

I really like the Dark Trooper. Has same gun as the rebel pilot if you didn't notice. Cool armor too. Favorite imp unit. Favorite rebel unit? Rebel pilot, though all of this may change once I actually get the full version....

that's pretty awesome, cause the pilot sucks in the demo

Originally posted by ShadowMarth03

I really like the Dark Trooper. Has same gun as the rebel pilot if you didn't notice. Cool armor too. Favorite imp unit. Favorite rebel unit? Rebel pilot, though all of this may change once I actually get the full version....

what do you mean? dark trooper has the shotgun blaster

Originally posted by Scavenger

what do you mean? dark trooper has the shotgun blaster

i thought the same thing, but i went to the official site and read what weapon the Rebel Pilot will have. i recommend everyone read what the final weapons of all of the classes will be, i'm satisfied cos some of them suck in the demo

I just using the repeating weapon. I am not even sure what the name of the weapon is. All I know if I change the primary weapon. Seems like it is a standard blaster pistol but I am not sure. Probably have to look at the official website to see what weapon he has other than shotgun and thermal detonators.

After playing the demo on PS2, I was not all that impressed with the Dark Trooper. His primary weapon is not all that fantastic and he only has a limited range with that jetpack.

His secondary weapon requires you to repetativley press the fire button which I personally hate in shoot em up games.

I can see one advantage, if you are into 'hit and run' tactics, this character would be useful. You would need a whole squad of them though - all landing on the ground and fireing simultaneously. This in effect would launch a wide spread of projectiles at your opponents but it will require timing - good use of the headset comm's are necessary to achieve this!;)

Originally posted by joesdomain

Shame, they took it away for robot stormtrooper with a jetpack!

I don't know if any Star Wars purists caught this. I went through three pages of replies and didn't find any corrections on this error. STORMTROOPERS AREN'T ROBOTS!!!!!!!! Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Originally posted by DarthBelan

I don't know if any Star Wars purists caught this. I went through three pages of replies and didn't find any corrections on this error. STORMTROOPERS AREN'T ROBOTS!!!!!!!! Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Actually they are "Dark troopers are advanced battle droids"

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/darktroopers/eu.html

Archived