Home

WIP: TIE Defender

mknote

*sarcasam* Since everyone was dying to make a TIE Defender vehicle *end sarcasm*, I decided to try modeling out myself, and in 3 hours, reconstructed a TIE Fighter with Asteroids TIE Intercepter wings into this:

xgkn.bmp

Now, it is far from complete, but I wanted to get reactions and suggestion early. Remember, it is my first attempt at modeling, so try to be kind. Thanks!

MK

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I use GMAX too. Thanx for the permission too. I'll be sure to give you full credit for it.

Hmm, is that how you opened up the TIE Interceptor and messed with it...Milkshape? Milkshape didn't work for me!! It just crashes!!

:fett:

Okay, never mind, I have it installed... and not working. When I export the .map file as a .md3, it gives me a "No UV mapping was found on this object. Writing out the texture coordinates of a spherical mapping for each vertex," error. It doesn't make any sense, so what does it mean and out do I make it take a hike?

MK

All right, I have the engine part done, and I have taken it as far as I think that I can:

hopu.bmp

The six boxes coming out of the thrusters need to be cut somewhat at the top, but I don't know how.

I need to send it to someone who will fine tune it, skin it, and turn it into a vehicle. Hopefully someone with good skills. It will have six slightly underpowered lasers, two per wing, two torp launchers just below the cockpit, and shields, and will be fast and maneuverable. It's downside will be that it's lasers aren't up to par, even with six of them. It's hit points are also less that others. If you are interested, please post here or PM me. Thanks!

MK

Mknote, looking good!! One thing though, the TIE Defender should have higher-than-average health, as it is a defender. They were made to defend, not assault, meaning their weapons aren't all that good, yet their armor/shields are quite good and can take a beating.

You have to add tags to the areas where you want weapons and exhaust ports. Tags are just small triangles, with the names, like, bolt_muzzle1, bolt_muzzle2, bolt_exhaust1, bolt_exhaust2. Of course, you can set as many as you want. The TIE's have only one exhaust port however.

:fett:

• 2 weeks later...

You know, Bishop3660 or something like that had finished a Tie Defender which Mike Gummelt and the rest of the Asteroids crew had considered at one point in implementing into the TFFA Mod, but we stuck with strict OT ships only, but it would be nice to see the T/D in action .

Archived