Home

WIP: TIE Defender

mknote

well approved...

You said the only thing missing was the skin.

Well I know that problem since I'm just not a good shot at skinning.

Guess you'll have to either learn it by yourself wich I strongly suggest, or look out for someone who does all the dirty work 'forya.

I recon that you were using MS3D making the model and therefore I assume the thing aint UVW mapped yet.

An easy solution would be cutting the Tie Fighters skin to fit to your model...

ah well just suggestions :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone can make a skin,

Pahricida. The real challenge is making the model to compliment the skin and the look of what youa re aiming for. Hell, I see files come and go through lucasfiles of people spending 15-20 minutes on a skin, but modelling for a majority of modellers here takes days even weeks, sometimes months. So to say that a person would be doing the "dirty work" is a comment formed from ignorance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have it. There are just a few things I'd like to touch on. It has only one thruster, but it should have three. They're the REALLY small things surrounding the engine. How easy would it be to add those two others in and texture them? If it's too difficult, I'll just let them be, but otherwise, I'm a detail-freak. Everything else seems to be a product of the .veh file, and I'll work those out.

MK

I would much appreciate it. Everything else looks fine. And thanks for the skin, again. I also noticed you made the tags and whatnot... saves me the trouble;) After that's done, I'll either start a new thread or keep this one to help with the .veh modding (the camera's funky... I'll mess around with it, but I doubt that'll be my only question).

Now to get cracking on it. <Goes off to hire a million monkeys and buy a million typewriters>

MK

*edit*

Hmm, I was looking through the Vehicle Tutorial, and found the "specular" shading. Can this be done with JUST shaders, or is another texture necessary? If the latter, I won't bother, but if it's the former, I might give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived