Home

Umm, I'm kind of worried...

PR-0927

O.K., I really want this game for PC...but, I'm not sure if it can handle Star Wars: Battlefront.

My system specs are:

Windows XP

Pentium IV

256 RAM

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Pro Video Card

Oh, and 2 hard Drives: 3 GB of space left each.

I really want this for PC and not XBOX, because of mods, modding, and online play (mods are my life).

So...?

:fett:

Yeah, I hope it works. None are laggy at all for me: JA, JO, America's Army, or C&C: Generals: Zero Hour.

Of course, those are the only games on my computer...except JO, I uninstalled that.

I really hope it works. How much space do you think it'll take up?!?!

a TNT 2? You can't even run Battlefield: 1942 with that card. I wouldn't be expecting to play SW:Battlefront on it. Come to think of it, those are the exact specs of my machine before I started upgrading it...you wouldn't happen to have an HP Pavillion 7900 series would ya? Never again will I buy a brand-name PC - the thing was outdated when I bought it, and I started upgrading it about a year ago when I wanted to get into BF:42.

Save your pennies. When the system requirements get released, get a new card. They're practically giving away GeForce2s at this point and you can pick up a GeForce4 for a decent price as a budget card. They're selling for around $60 now.

Anyway, you're more than likely going to need a new graphics card to play SW:B. Another memory stick probably wouldn't hurt either.

And BTW Majin, it's just a general forum etiquette rule-of-thumb that your signature should not be longer than your actual post. Please do something about that...there's no need for all those quotes....

If you have like $85 you can go and buy a G-Force 4 Ti 4200 at your local PC supplier. Those were bargain cards a few years ago and they still run the latest game at a good resolution and speed. Here's my specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2700 (2.16 GHz)

G-Force 4 Ti 4200 64MB

512 MB of RAM

120 Gig hard drive 7200 RPM

Win 98 SE

Now i can play Battlefield: Vietnam at 1024x768 Resolution at medium settings. The game runs at a smooth 50-60 Frames per second. It also depends on the server you're on as well as some can't handle too many connections but the best consistently let you run the numbers i posted above.

With this game, i think it would run at about the same requirements. I think the minimum for vietnam was a 1.5 GHz processor, G-Force 2 or G-Force 3, 256 MB RAM. That's not too bad.

Also if you want the best deals on a processor or if you're looking to buy a good one for cheap go here:

http://www.pricewatch.com

They have the BEST prices i've seen on the net for everything involving the PC be it hardware or software. They also have Radeon cards for a good price if that's what you use. It would be a good idea to have at least a minimum running system before this game comes out.

Peace.

The graphics chip in the XBox is made by Nvidia, and the architecture for that chip is comparable to that of the now discontinued GeForce 3 chipset. That chip is two generations after the TNT2.

The PS2 graphics chipset clocks out at ~ 150 MHz - comparable to the TNT2. (source - http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/1254)

However you guys are forgetting - minimum gameplay settings as far as resolution that are going to be playable and not extremely annoying to play on is 800x600x16bit. That means that you're going to be pushing at least twice the pixels on a a computer that you'd be pushing through the PS2 architecture hooked up to a standard television with about what, 300 horizontal lines?

This is why the cross-platform arguement doesn't add up - essentially console graphics chipsets only have to do half the work that computer would have to do in order to produce playable graphics.

A TNT2 will not cut it.

:fett:Hi,I'm the new guy! I joined today. I was wondering would a Geforce 4 MX 440 with 60 mg play Star Wars Battlefront? I know that card sucks and I'm saving up for a Geforce FX 5900 but I won't be able to buy that untill christmas. So will my Geforce 4 Mx play the game or will I have to wait untill christmas? Thanks.:fett:

Craftsman, I think you are right. I never said I wanted the graphics anywhere close to high, did I?

I hope it is barely over 1.2 GB...

I can't get a new graphics card...I'm sure my parents wouldn't allow it "just for a video game."

Fact is your rig is already outdated for gaming as is. So it's not just this game, it's every game for here on out that you may want to play.

Go mow three lawns, bam, $60, bam new card. Not that painful. Installation is not rocket science either. Just make sure you have an AGP slot on your motherboard, because you might as well not bother with a PCI upgrade.

:fett: Lol that would be really funny if I bought a PCI card! I'd be trying to stuff it into my AGP drive ,think "why won't this go in here!" then look at the box and pass out. Anyway I'm not just buying the video card for this game but for Rome:Total War also. And dragon age and to make morrowind run better and jedi academy and the list goes on. I've been working real hard for one for some money the past month. I have $1.50 so far. I got it because I found some little kids wallet on the ground that had $1 and two quarters in it. I also had a pokemon card in it that I'm hoping to sell for about 10 cents. (See why I'm just going to wait for Christmas when I'll get a wad of cash to buy a geforce FX 5900?) I would buy the new one,the geforce 6800,but then I'd have to wait several Christmases and birthdays before I got the money:fett:

Hi! Me again! I was wondering if my old computer will play this game too! It has a Geforce 2 400 with 64 MB and a 500 mhz processor. So will it play this game with all the settings turned extremely low? I want this game to work on this computer so I can have a network game. (By the way this computer plays Jedi Academy with very little lag and plays Halo pretty laggy)

Archived