Home

What do you think the sequel will involve?

Tyler_Durden

I know the game isn't even out yet and that we probably have a few years or so until a sequel is even made, but i was wondering what would Luca$art$ do for a sequel? I think every major battle that was mentioned or shown in Star Wars is pretty much here. So would they go the EU route and make up some stuff or would they remake the game with better graphics, playability, etc? I've been thinking about this since they showed us all the planets and all the battles.

Slow Down!

You haven't even played the actual game and know ask about a sequel? What if the game is horrible? It looks great in concept, but experience is totally different from screenshots.

I have high hopes, but let's first look at the first installment to see if there is any point to going further.

yeah, slow down! But I guess we have to do something to keep ourselves occupied :)

I don't know about a sequel, but I agree about an expansion... I think it would be neat to have a couple more factions, like mercenary/bounty hunters, or different alien species, etc... more battlegrounds/plantets are always a possibility, even if they aren't a famous battle from a movie.. plus there are lots of battles not represented.. think of maps based soley in outer space, what if we could play battle of the Death Star! etc... How sweet would that be

NO F---ING JEDI. If you want to saber fight, go play JA.

Expansion packs for games like these are typically worthless. At least they were for BF:42. All they do is add a few more maps and maybe another class or two, but how is that worth $40. No way is any one game going to suck $90 outta me.

Indeed, no jedi!

for once cant we just have one good star wars fps without those annoying jedi deflecting every shot and pushing us over.

I dont think there will be a sequel although there may be an expansion for space battles like the assault on the trade federation droid command thingymajig or attacking the death star

I might be interested in a sequel as long it was during the time period of the 6 films and went to other famous star wars planets to fight it out with more star wars vehicles and starships. I think it would be cool to see the planet of Alderran, Dagobah, Ord Mantell, Kessel, Dantoonie, Sullust, Mon Calamari, Rodia, Corellia, and Courscant. I hope Lucasarts changes their minds about not making any more video games set during the 6 films period after releasing Star Wars Episode III video game. That is depressing and disappointing at the same time!

Originally posted by Erik Andrew

The only kind of Sequal they should make is an expansion pack, with more planets and maybe one or two new factions.

New factions? Like what?

My idea's about expansions and sequels:

expansion

The reason they give they let surden vehicles, like TIE interceptor, out, is that those vehicles are almost the same as alreay existing vehicles. If they decide later on to put more vehicles in the game, I doubt that would make the game better.

The reason most people play this game is because of the starwars feeling. To play the big starwars battles. A seque with more planet's wouldn't have any planets you've seenin the movies, so the starwars felling is gone. I wouldnt like that too.

They may put extra characters in the game. Already now people are complaining that they don't like the rocket launcher (and darktrooper) because it isn't in starwars. I think this is necesary, but if they put even more charecters in the game not consisten with the movies, I wouldn't like that. So I don't think this is very usefull as expansion material either (maybe a little, like the Imperial Officer).

They might put space battles in. I believe we already had 2 large discussions about this topic and I don't want to start another one. Some people think its cool, others think it won't be, so this might be a point for an expansion. It surdenly would have a starwars feeling, and it's one of the only starwarsfactors that isn't presented in the normal game.

Maybe you will have more features like better score counting systems, other uniforms for the best player, another radar system, more weapons pro class, etc. This kind of stuff would be nice in my eyes, but is it enought for an expansion? I don't think so.

I don't think an expansion would be nice. If Lucasarts is goining to earn a lot of money with this game (wich they probably do) then they will probably make an expansion, but I don't think it wil improve the game .

Seguel

As you read before, I don't believe you can give the game a lot of extra function, so the only thing I can imagine for a sequel is the same game coming out in a year of two with up two date graphics. I don't think this would be a bad idea, but I don't think either lucasarts will do it.

Archived