Home

Template Discussion

Puzzlebox

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting puzzlebox to see that you have low self esteem since i never actually insulted you yet you took it as an insult. I regularly say things like that because it gives insight into the minds of individuals.

what train and why are you babbling about eggshells and yellow tape you are giving the impression of some demented psychiatric patient.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I dunno the story. Though DK and Puzzlebox seem to be at the heart of it. Vostok tries to push them apart, cool down the fire but nothing seems to work.

Here lukei we can't have you getting the wrong idea now can we?

Puzzle-Argumentative

"Ehem, vostoks version pails in comparison to mine"

==========

Puzzle-Argumentative

The little hot head is going to calm it down and he's going to do it real soon.

==========

Puzzle-Neutral

"They will of course accept my template and adopt it"

==========

Puzzle-Neutral

"Of course you eagerly await my design, I'm a genius. :)"

==========

Puzzle-Argumentative in context

"as the Republic.Idiot"

==========

Puzzle-Neutral

"I've long thought the only way I could get them to make a damn game right is if I bank rolled it"

==========

Puzzle-Neutral

What, he has is about 30 times less than what the game actually is.

==========

Puzzle-Argumentative

"Your template is a very small amount of work. There isn't that much material at all"

==========

Puzzle-Neutral

"Towards lessons in marketing I won't go there"

==========

Puzzle-Argumentative in context.

"we shouldn't keep straying from the topic, time will tell.

==========

Puzzle-Argumentative out of context.

"Yeah I know, you might have a dollar by now :)"

==========

Puzzle-Argumentative

": Lose the idiot references and stop trying my patience, this is an innocent game forum where we are discussing a video game, for our entertainment, we shouldn't fight. Leave it."

----------------------------------------------------------------

DK-Argumentative

"YOU have none of those qualities you never had them and you never will have them "

==========

DK-Argumentative

"Beleive me there are worse things than {not saying for windu's Feelings }"

-Windu

"Viceroy - i don't give a flying f**k about you missing trains."

==========

DK-Argumentative

"whoever said empathy was a form of sympathy should be castrated"

==========

DK-Neutral

"Please bear in mind even though i am an EU guru"

==========

DK-Neutral

"This will however mean reading several thousand pages in the space of a week a doddle from someone who read the fifth harry potter book in the space of a day"

==========

DK-Argumentative in context

"It's interesting puzzlebox to see that you have low self esteem since i never actually insulted you yet "

==========

"would that be a threat I wonder."

==========

DK-Argumentative

"Even if i do start arguments every 2 seconds i win most of em anyway."

==========

"It's hard being right all the time But it's a way of life."

==========

DK-Argumentative

"Windu get ur own ideas"

==========

DK-Argumentative

"so i'll be able to justify correcting you"

==========

DK-Neutral

"Seems to happen every time I go away then come back this place dies and when I start posting regular asgain it comes back alive.Must be my Charm and Charisma as well as..."

==========

DK-Neutral

"Well we can't all Be wondeful Succesful and Perfect"

==========

DK-Argumentative

"Not for an idiot like you (to me, later edited out) to come in here and"

==========

DK-Argumentative

"you just cannot accept truth when it's been explained"

==========

*DK-Depends

"A what does reemed mean or is that a typo

B what IS bioware you didn't answer that question

and finally

C What leash what are you talking about..."

==========

*DK-Depends

"Ok PLEASE explain all of that in greater detail so i'll at least know your not mad or talking in code"

==========

DK-Argumentative

"Now i wonder where oh where is that ignore list pannel there's a certain bantha cleaner i don't want to hear any more."

==========

DK-Argumentative

Now Now Now pezzy you wouldn't want to get yourself in trouble now would you

==========

DK-Telling

"but i forgot the only subtlty round here is if yu go on a rampage with a two ton sledgehammer...."

==========

DK-Argumentative

"You sound like windu..."

==========

DK-Neutral

"Thank me for city builds i came up with the conecpt and made the first ever one and then innovated it"

You see lukei DK is a narcissist

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/narcissism/

I derive my crowing and such from achievements and successes I have met within my life, DK's are derived from a woeful lack thereof. Not only is he incredibly inept in a portion of his responses were to me (namely asterisked examples) but he takes personal offense to any egotistic statements by other posters and does so with the upmost hypocrisy.

He directly attacks me on several occassions where I did not directly attack him. I also find something odd about his posts, I'm not entirely sure "DK" is one person, perhaps a sister and a brother, I might be off on that but its quite possible. I say this because of the ineptitude contained in some of his posts that does not quite fit with the content in some of his other posts.

It may be true that he just lacks the intellectual capacity to make necessary discernments between the different types posts but again theres something odd about some of his responses sometimes so I don't know. DK I think this particular interest takes up too much of your life, most of us are big fans and post here often but you may need to how do I put it, find a social life.

I realise I was being childish by not ignoring DK and as I said, this is just a game forum where we are discussing our interests, it would be a waste of money and especially time to take it any further, primarily in lieu of the sophomoric circumstances. There, all better, now I can get back to hitting on you :)

-Nitro I have no problem with you whatsoever, you're very mellow and never seem to cause any problems. |And yes, Prince Xizor would be included. I am however curious how your Conquer the Galaxy mode would work. My concern is repitition.

*Edit, Conquer the galaxy would be more RMish or more campaignish?

Does anyone else here find this thread as incredibly funny as I do?

Getting back to the point-

Puzzlebox - i like the Sundicate idea, but not as a playable civ. They would be quite an interesting minor civ that alternately helps or hinders you in campaigns, particually the Rebellion. As for your trains comment, I really think that was a little over-the-top.

Viceroy - you need to calm down. Unfortunately, you take EU extremely seriously, but you are in the minority both here and in the general public. In terms of a SWGB2, there will be EU in it, as you can see in both my and Vstok's templates, but films units will, and should, dominate. Having said that, it would be great if other units like the TIE Defender were in the toybox and Lucasarts included an editor or something like the C&C rules.ini files which would allow you to include as much EU content in SP games as you want.

i'm perfectly calm

The little hot head is going to calm it down and he's going to do it real soon.

but no matter what way you look at that that is a threat.

what a week for DMUK to be offline indeed.

that list is biased and as such i'll ignore it as a failed attempt at flaming.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

Does anyone else here find this thread as incredibly funny as I do?

Getting back to the point-

Puzzlebox - i like the Syndicate idea, but not as a playable civ. They would be quite an interesting minor civ that alternately helps or hinders you in campaigns, particually the Rebellion. As for your trains comment, I really think that was a little over-the-top.

I wracked my brain trying to think of something else that would work, from a logical stand point I can easily defend it but that really isn't the problem.

The problem is a lot of it has to be made up, I would love to have five, six or eight factions* written by Lucas and readily translatable into the game. But there just isn't, most of the minor factions use buildings and units from the major ones so as far as space issues and such is concerned it won't be a problem, as well the way I have it structured the unbalanced minor factions can be played against the major ones, note that this isn't in any way a daunting prospect since its just simply not the same as adding five or ten more civs.

Well, the Galactic Syndicate is perhaps the most unrealistic thing I've heard on these forums. Now that I think about it, I just can't see the Hutt Cartel working with Black Sun or anyone else for that matter. I do like the idea, but it's just too unrealistic. I think the Hutt Cartel would be an excellent civ even if it has to be a minor one and operate a bit unorthodox compared to the other civs. Prince Xixor is the only Black Sun member that I know real well. A good Rebel campaign would include taking down Black Sun and Prince Xixor in a storyline simmiliar to Shadows of the Empire. Nontheless, Hutt Cartel should be a civ and Prince Xixor should be a toy box unit for sure.

Nitro-

I think you are thinking of it as a centralized organization, think of the structuring as you would the modern day mafia in America. Then apply logic when considering the implications in the Star Wars universe, all I'm adding is a little seam so as to connect the various groups, the Hutt Cartel in and of itself cannot possibly be up for consideration as a major faction, the Syndicate squeeks by while giving players an interesting alternative to play with.

As to massive engagements in open field, most planets have armies, Outer Rim worlds included, if the Syndicate installed the leader would they not gain access to that army in much the same way the Confederacy has access to the Trade Federation's army? Follow the implication.

The fact of the matter is there are a good number of minor factions including the Hutt Cartel and the Black Sun, if some of these factions are partially combined into one the player will have a viable option that provides him or her with a more varied style of play, this is good for the EU community because it gives them a little more elbow room in the game, as for altering the story it is something the EU does itself. I am sure they won't mind alterations to a given story, they do it all the time and are open to it generally. Generally.

Originally posted by Puzzlebox

As to massive engagements in open field, most planets have armies, Outer Rim worlds included, if the Syndicate installed the leader would they not gain access to that army in much the same way the Confederacy has access to the Trade Federation's army? Follow the implication.

This is a bit of a stretch. How does the Syndicate install a leader on a militarised planet without an army of their own? I suppose the original leader is removed and their military force just says "oh well, I guess we'll forget our allegiances and fight for this new criminal warlord." :rolleyes: The only planets a crime syndicate would set themselves up as leaders on are military-less planets such as Tatooine.

But even if they did manage to brainwash the existing army to fight for them, how are they supposed to compete with such armies as the other four factions? They still aren't a galaxy-wide coherent force.

There's just too many oddities. Why try to shoehorn this odd civ into the game when any of the other four from the original game would be more widely accepted and require less of a leap of faith?

Especially since it would interfere with known facts from the movies. There were no standing armies on any planet other than that of the empire and rebellion.

the republic didn't have a standing army for millenia it states that clearly in the film so ergo there would be no standing armies for this farcical civ to control. you may end up pointing out the gungans but remeber the Gungans wern't part of the republic until shortly after the battle of naboo.EU supports this also so no matter what you resort to the EU or the movies you can't have it that way.

you can't change what's written in the books so your little scheme fails there also.

This farcical idea wouldn't work it would have purists and EU'ers alike clamouring for your head on a silver platter.

A campaign like that would put a smile on my face. Also, a campaign from the Hutt's point of veiw. Sending small groups of mininoins to cause trouble and increase Jabba's empire of crime. This way, the Hutt Cartel is a playable civ and the Hutt fans can rejoice. Since the Hutt Cartel cannon compete with the other factions, it should be excluded from RM. I think this balances things out.

So a SWGB2 version of the Naga from warcraft 3 i think that's reasonable but if it's gonna be that way the hutt point oif view campaign should be a campaign in a campaign maybe with something along the lines of a C&C Tiberian Sun lines that interface was cool but maybe a lot less linear so you could pick where you fought how you fought and what you fought for.

Archived