Home

Psychonauts, Majesco, Awesome

Yufster

Double Fine got a publisher!

Psychonauts got a publisher!

It's... MAJESCO!!!

No, I didn't know who they were either. But I think we should trust Tim on this choice. I mean, no doubt EA and whatnot would have leapt at the chance of publishing Psychonauts, right? Tim said in an interview that he expected big things from Majesco, and that he heard at the GDC this year that Majesco was about to explode onto the scene or something like that.

So, I trust he has made an excellent decision in Majesco.

And how appropriate that I should be head of the Games Section at PC world. Ha! It is time to contact Head Office about those lifesize Raz cardboard stands...

Originally posted by Dr Edison 007

I feel like a cop.

Don't worry, no one else feels like you're a cop.

This has actually got me interested in the game again! Long live the Schafer baby! So...

...what's this game about then? (with the threat of being beaten to a bloody pulp, I am actually being serious here)

Well, Joshi, don't worry because I'm not religious so I don't chastise every complete blasphemer I meet.

You could find this out by searching the net but I will tell you of this game's awesomeness.

You play as acrobat Raz who is becoming a psychic. Most of the game takes place at an asylum where you jump into people's minds and battle their inner demon...literally. So every level has a super-psychedelic environment all matching to the characters' psychology. Now if you think that's not a brilliant idea, then you must be dead.

Originally posted by JofaGuht

Now if you think that's not a brilliant idea, then you must be dead.

Oh good, because the rigor mortis was beginning to worry me.

But yeah, it sounds like one killer game, made all the more better by the presence of the great Schafer! Can't wait!

Isn't that worth about fifty US smackers? If not, that's pretty sweet, cause I'll be in London the time it comes out.

Actually, that brings me to a good question. Is there like a region coding to games like there is to DVDs? I don't think so, but I'd like to know.

Wow, this is the first time in my history I've ever referred to a dollar as a "smacker". I may keep using it.

Originally posted by Alien426

Actually it's more like 55 smackers.

No such thing as region codes. eBay may try to confuse you with talk about NTSC format, but you can play the games no prob.

Amazon does that as well, talking about region coded DVD's. Basically, if I buy an American DVD and play it on a multi region DVD player, will it play on my english TV?

Originally posted by scabb

Yes, if there's a SCART cable between the TV and the DVD (or something more fangled, just not an RF).

Feh! We're all scarts in our family (I even have an automatic scart hub, plug everything in, and then when you turn something on, like the DVD player, it automatically switches over to it)

scart hub eh? hmmm, sounds like a good idea.

my TV has 3 scarts plugged into it and sometimes it gets confused. i think it's the sky digibox thats the problem, it doesn't like to share the TV. you switch on the DVD and it goes on fine, then the digibox gets mad and goes 'nope, mine!' and it switches it back. it doesn't happen too often, but it would be nice to sort it out. maybe a scart hub would do the trick?

Archived