Home

A new thought for swgb2

pbguy1211

Back to this topic again would it hold 20 troopers or twenty at-at's

We want less micro and bridges offer that. I however think they should be in more of a support role like you secure a bridgehead and you build a bridge to allow a stedy flow of troops.

this wouldn't nessacerily be on three maps since a bridge could be used to allow transfer of forces from one part of your territory to another without any micro.

it would also add a tactical elements where your dfending your bridges since if their destroyed it'll take a lot longer for you to get reinforcements to where their needed.

Vostok you are one of the FEW purists i actually trust the rest i don't trust as far as i could throw them. I wasn't reffering to you i was referring to others especially the idiots saying that bridges are un-star warsy and also pointing out that without naval bridges have to be in unless they want something star treky like a teleporter. The star wars universe does have something that is vaguely similar.

Those are jump gates in which almost instantaneuos travel is possible however the technology to build them has long since been lost and only a precious few are still operational in some remote corner of the galaxy and those were for space vessles.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We want less micro and bridges offer that. I however think they should be in more of a support role like you secure a bridgehead and you build a bridge to allow a stedy flow of troops.
Definitely. They wouldn't really be very useful for attacking a heavily defended bank of an enemy base.
Vostok you are one of the FEW purists i actually trust the rest i don't trust as far as i could throw them. I wasn't reffering to you i was referring to others especially the idiots saying that bridges are un-star warsy and also pointing out that without naval bridges have to be in unless they want something star treky like a teleporter. The star wars universe does have something that is vaguely similar.
Oh okay. I know who you're referring to now. ;)

ROFL no Trade Fed units at the Battle of Geonosis

Battle Droid, Droideka.......

I said the Battle of Geonosis, not the Arena Battle. If you knew the films you'd know that there were no Droidekas in the battle with the Clones. The Battle Droids that were in that battle did not belong to the Trade Federation, they were a slightly redder colour than the Federation Droids. And there were certainly no AATs, MTTs or STAPs in the Battle of Geonosis. Gunray has "pledged his support", but that doesn't mean he's an official part of the Confederacy, he's just an ally.

I question you all the time and i'm still alive i don't even have a few bruises so that's pretty much empty.

The trade federation may have originally not intended to sign until they had padme but do you think just because they didn't sign up but had thier fleet thier and quite a lot of equipment and tried to get padme a republic senator killed. Yup I think the republic would pretty much try to destroy them so the Trade fedration would have been forced to join up to take advantage of strength through numbers.

Sure you question me all the time, but not on my knowledge of the movies.

Sure, it's possible that after the Battle of Geonosis, Gunray caved in and signed the treaty. What I'm saying is the films don't necessarily support this; and most certainly even at the end of the film the Federation is still not a part of the Confederacy.

Keep in mind they are still allied to the Confederacy though, so will benefit from their protection anyway. The Confederate army was protecting the Trade Federation's escape during the Battle of Geonosis.

Actually, in this case Vostok is correct. At the end of Ep2, the TF was working with the Confederacy, but were not part of it. Generally though the point is moot, as soon as the war started the TF and Confederacy would have joined force, so them being a member of the Confederacy is irrelevant.

Originally posted by FroZticles

Theres nothing supporting they did not join. So its hard to make an assumption on nothing.

There is plenty to support them not joining. I've listed it, and Windu just reiterated it for you. You'll find that in fact there is nothing to support them joining.
Originally posted by Darth Windu

Actually, in this case Vostok is correct.

I'm always correct when it comes to the movies. :D

Vostok just because you watch the movies one to many times does not make you some Star Wars god in your outlook. Trade Federation joined them theres more evidence that they did or will join them. They have no where else to turn, they gave there army at the Confederacy's disposal.

Originally posted by FroZticles

Vostok just because you watch the movies one to many times does not make you some Star Wars god in your outlook.

But it does make me pretty close. ;)
Trade Federation joined them theres more evidence that they did or will join them.
No there isn't more evidence. If there is, why hasn't anyone presented it?
They have no where else to turn, they gave there army at the Confederacy's disposal. [/b]
As I said earlier, that isn't necessarily true. The Trade Federation is by far the most powerful of the Commerce Guilds. They don't need protecting. They would remain in the alliance as long as possible, since the Trade Federation would much rather fight alongside the Confederacy than sign away their freedom and be bound to whatever the Dooku decrees.

This is a silly argument, but a fun one. :)

Well since Palpy has the clones at his command why does he need the Separatists?

Nute Gunray is in way over his head and cannot get himself out. Joining the Confederacy would be the final blow to him before palpy finishes what he started. Lets just say I don't think Gunray will make it to the end of RoTS.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I'll just say that logically, I would join the Confed if I was Nute Gunray...After the Battle of geonosis of course.

I wouldn't, and here's why:

• I control the largest army in the galaxy outside the Confederacy and the Republic.
  • The Confederacy would love me to join them so they can use my army.
  • The one thing I want most in the galaxy is for Senator Amidala to be dead, since she humiliated me ten years ago.
  • Count Dooku has promised to have her assassinated if I will join the Confederacy.

So why would I join the Confederacy, when in holding out I will make Dooku more likely to assassinate Amidala and fulfill my desires?

Vostok - while that may be correct, I look at it in that your allies have just gone to war with an extremely powerful army that has engulfed the entire Galaxy, so you must choose to support one or the other. In this case, clearly the TF would support the Confederacy. Joining them is another matter, but support can easily be assumed.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

So why would I join the Confederacy, when in holding out I will make Dooku more likely to assassinate Amidala and fulfill my desires?

Because I'm already in the middle of a War. You either stay neutral, or join it. It's too late for Gunray to stay neutral. If the republic wins, he's dead. He'll be branded as a traitor against the Republic because of his dealings with the Confederacy.

So you either join up and try to save your skin, or stay there doing nothing. Supporting is not enough. They'll get targeted sooner or later.

Nute Gunrary would probably be charged with conspiracy, and like luke said, be branded a traitor. Might as well throw in his lot with the Confed and increase their strength. Of course, we can have no way of understanding how niemodian might think... well... I guess we can... whatever is more profitable is good for him. In that case, it would probbaly be more profitable to remain neutral and continue trading and charging high prices in war zones and increase profits, but then again, Niemodians are not quick to risk their assets in tricky situations...

Complicated this is.

Archived