Home

Predator WIP

iron_knuckle

i dont know how far i'll be going with this because the school years starting up again but if its okay i would like to send the blank unskinned ms3d file to someone so it can be finished, besides i dont have the programs to finish it anyway, so if there are any takers please let me know.

Originally posted by RDX1

Great, a predator model. Please make the detail good and not make it look like most of the models with bland skins. (A good example is most of the Jango models/skins) :(

Make it worthwild! :D

Dude, do you have any worthy skills to support what you state?

RDX1, I meant the statement about the mandalorian packs, that have been released, BloodRiot's in first place and mine in second. They are far from being bland.

But perhaps you're part of an elite of professional artists, and you find my stuff bland, which I could understand, only if you show me your stuff.

i have a question, is the texture mapping contained within the ms3d file? anyway i really need someone to finish this. ive givin up on trying to have this finished before the movie is released, but now i just care about the quality, thats one of the other reasons im trying to send it to someone else, i cant skin worth crap.

Originally posted by CortoCG

RDX1, I meant the statement about the mandalorian packs, that have been released, BloodRiot's in first place and mine in second. They are far from being bland.

No, the Mandalorian pack is great and so is the clone pack, I use them both. (Except for a few things) I am talking about the stand alone Jangos on his armor, the coloring is off place and ridged in most places.

I think there might have been a start on an Alien along time ago, but was never finished. I think we could really develop the Predator into something good and make it work for JA. You could probally do half of the weapons and give them decient effects.

Originally posted by iron_knuckle

update!

attachment.php?attachmentid=12612

Are you using any references at all? I realise how hard modelling is its taking me a long time to get where I am, but it would be worthwhile to get some refs, read somw tutorials and study you subject. Right now it looks like a Jedi with a big headand clumps of string hanging down, don't worry, in my day I've done worse but I've found it really pays off to do a couple models/versions of the same model until you understand many skills involved in modeling then you could give us a very nice looking predator, :)

Thats my little input, I'm not trying to be harsh or anything I'm just trying to give advice thatll help ya.

Originally posted by bael1

aren't you making a predator model aswell pych0Sith?

Yeah kind of, but i just dont have time to finish anything these days.

Matt is right, this model needs work. Then again Milkshape isnt the best modelling software and reference material is always a key element to modelling.

Good luck on your Pred model. There are some many different types of Predators, one can't really say if it's realistic or not, unless they know each every single one perfectly. Also, the AvP movie had some cool looking Preds... but the movie sucked.

RDX1 (the word is worthwhile ;) ) , I believe I know which model you're talking about and if I'm right, it's Corto's. Yes, I thought so myself when it was first released back on jediknightii.net around two years ago. It said "Send your coustructive criticism to Corto Maltez or something @hisprovider.com ... I sent a bunch of e-mails to him on how somethings could be improved. None of 'em were ever responded to, so I figured he either ignored them or wasn't using that e-mail anymore. So, I reskinned the model myself in Photoshop and used it as my personal skin for a while. (Until all these other kick ass Madalorian packs came out)

i understand that seeing as this is the first model that i have really tried at, that this isnt going to be very good, but im trying.

it really bugs me knowing that i cannot finish this myself, and on that note will someone please help me finish this? and when its finished hopefully someone will decide to improve on it. if you want the .ms3d file and the pictures im using, go to my thread at gaming forums and let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived