Home

Okay, where is everyone?

VampireNaomi

Unfortunately the game is now ten years old, and without sequels, fangames, modding or anything like that, the poor old thing is not at the forefront of many people's minds! It's too bad, but such is life.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, though. :rolleyes:

The previous webmaster of dig.mixnmojo.com was working on a sequel, but LucasArts sent him a cease and desist letter, halting his work. We had a relatively long discussion here some time ago about possible stories for a sequel, but noone has done anything about it thus far (unless unannounced or unadvertised).

I'd love to hear an update from the movie guys, since it's been a while. Is it still in production?

The game might be old, but it's still one of my favourites. I'm relatively new in adventure games and The Dig was my third game. I don't think there are many games that find as interesting.

And then there's my silly crush on Brink... ;) I guess I am going to become the official "Dig Ghost" who will haunt these forums even if other fans have moved on. Don't make me be alone, join the quest!

So, what is this movie thing? I might have heard about it on some site, but I don't know enough at all.

Originally posted by VampireNaomi

The game might be old, but it's still one of my favourites. I'm relatively new in adventure games and The Dig was my third game. I don't think there are many games that find as interesting.

It was perhaps my second adventure game (King's Quest I was the first), but definately the first that really got me hooked. It still rates highly in my favorite games list.

And then there's my silly crush on Brink... ;) I guess I am going to become the official "Dig Ghost" who will haunt these forums even if other fans have moved on. Don't make me be alone, join the quest!

I'm always up for a bit of Digging, to coin a word. I can't claim any crushes on characters though :).

So, what is this movie thing? I might have heard about it on some site, but I don't know enough at all.

Well, there's a bit of info on the dig.mixnmojo site. It's some film students' pet project, IIRC. The artwork I've seen thus far is very impressive, so I hope there's still effort being put into it.

The Dig was one of the first games whose release I longed for. I had seen a slideshow on a game mag's CD and thought the images were brilliant. The story promised to be good as well and I already knew some LucasArts games. So I was really looking forward to the game.

Originally posted by ramy

I'm hoping to take some of the background images from the Dig and re-paint them with my wacom tablet so they are really good quality, high-res artwork.

I'll add a link when I've got some of them.

:horn:

ramy

ramyhanna.com

Cool. =)

Another thing: You shouldn't write your signature on a piece of work you've copied. This image is made by Peter Chan, not you:

bucky_the_biker.jpg

See here: http://kickstand.mixnmojo.com/kick4.php?id=g-c_art

That is all. Carry on with everything else.

Greetings, VampireNaomi! I'm probably the resident Dig geek around here. It's good to see I'm not alone.

The movie thing was going to be a fan-made project, but it never got farther than a few CG concept renders.

There is a novel by Alan Dean Foster though. It's certainly not the greatest book ever written, but it's a decent read. Unfortunately, these days it's out of print.

You probably don't know the sordid history of The Dig's years-long development, do you? It's really quite weird, including such tidbits as the removed fourth character, Japanese businessman Toshi Olema.

Click here for Mojo's database entry on the subject. There's also a bunch of nice art from early versions in their Concept Art section.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Well, I posted a news post a while ago, mentioning that I was coming back to Australia, and would work on the site then.

Well, I'm back.

I do have a lot of new content, I've hopefully still got it all, since a lot of it was given to me well over a year ago, before the mojo issues. Unfortunately, It's very scattered at the moment. I'll try to make some sense of it and then put it up. It doesn't help that I am in a new city, with a new computer etc.

Oh, and I'll finally fix up the site so that it work properly, and is complete.

As for the fan film, I haven't heard anything from them for a while, I've no idea if it is still progressing, though I have my doubts...

Archived