Home

A Couple of Suggestions

boranchistanger

I have a couple of suggestions for both the website and the forums.

1. It doesn't seem like there is a ton of information of the swbattlefront.net website. Perhaps some detail about planets, the different units in the 3 factions that have been revealed should be posted.

2. I think all the different links to different articles by the numerous gajming websites should all be posted on one page in the website. That would make it easier for new people coming in.

3. Hosting for Battlefront clans would be a good idea. That has been very successfull in other games and is great for clans who don't have the money to buy a decent host.

4. On the clan forum, please make it a rule that each clan only get one recruitment thread for itself. I am amazed that numerous clans have 3, 4 threads dedicated to themselves.

-Boran

Originally posted by boranchistanger

I have a couple of suggestions for both the website and the forums.

1. It doesn't seem like there is a ton of information of the swbattlefront.net website. Perhaps some detail about planets, the different units in the 3 factions that have been revealed should be posted.

I've been updating all the content, but it's a matter of getting it back on the site. Somebody reset the FTP info, so it'll be fixed soon - I'm also on vacation, so that's why there's been a lack of moderation and such. Point taken, though :)

2. I think all the different links to different articles by the numerous gajming websites should all be posted on one page in the website. That would make it easier for new people coming in.

We can do that, or we can make a sticky thread in the main discussion forum. That way, it can be up with everything that most new people will read. And people can just add on to it when they find something new, making it member-driven :)

3. Hosting for Battlefront clans would be a good idea. That has been very successfull in other games and is great for clans who don't have the money to buy a decent host.

If memory serves me correctly, it's LFN policy only to provide hosting to mod projects, and not to clans. Again, this might be wrong, but I'm about 98% sure of this.

4. On the clan forum, please make it a rule that each clan only get one recruitment thread for itself. I am amazed that numerous clans have 3, 4 threads dedicated to themselves.

Yeah, I totally agree with that. Again, I'm not readily available these days, and there SHOULD be moderators lurking this area, but I'll try to get on as often as possible...

Suggestions taken :D

Originally posted by Jed

We can do that, or we can make a sticky thread in the main discussion forum. That way, it can be up with everything that most new people will read. And people can just add on to it when they find something new, making it member-driven :)

Excellent call! But not the first with that idea :p

* Points at his RC info available thread at the RC section. *

Originally posted by Jed

If memory serves me correctly, it's LFN policy only to provide hosting to mod projects, and not to clans. Again, this might be wrong, but I'm about 98% sure of this.

That´s correct. There are SOO much clans for every game it would be impossible to host em all. So LFN doesnt host any unless they have something to do with modding.

Originally posted by Jed

Yeah, I totally agree with that. Again, I'm not readily available these days, and there SHOULD be moderators lurking this area, but I'll try to get on as often as possible...

Correct aswell. People are watching at times.

Maybe a suggestion to you Boran, whenever you see such multiple thread being created or other things that arent actually by the book, you can pm supermods or use the "report post" feature.

I'm also on vacation, so that's why there's been a lack of moderation and such. Point taken, though

Perhaps you should hire a couple more mods for these forums.

I think Doomgiver would be a decent mod.

Correct aswell. People are watching at times.

Maybe a suggestion to you Boran, whenever you see such multiple thread being created or other things that arent actually by the book, you can pm supermods or use the "report post" feature.

Will do!

-Boran

Perhaps you should hire a couple more mods for these forums.

boran, my son...

I've been watching ALL of you, making considerations for moderators, since you all started posting in here :D

I'm kinda like Santa. I know when you've been nice and naughty. And for gifts, I give the good boys and girls moderator positions XD

boran, my son...

I've been watching ALL of you, making considerations for moderators, since you all started posting in here

Uh oh. (looks around the room, notices one of Jed's spies hiding behind a bookshelf). I'm on to you.

I'm kinda like Santa. I know when you've been nice and naughty. And for gifts, I give the good boys and girls moderator positions XD

Good analogy, lol.

-Boran

Uh oh. (looks around the room, notices one of Jed's spies hiding behind a bookshelf). I'm on to you.

You should be noticing them, otherwise the people I've told to lurk here haven't been doing their job whilst I enjoy my house at the beach. :D

Originally posted by yaebginn

boran, darnit. you told him to hire new mods! now it has happened. be careful what you wish for. I'm surprised tfighter isnt a mod yet. maybe he'll be on the next batch.

There's no next batch.

It's the mods, supermods and admins who run this place, so they obviously have the powers, and because of that, authority here. There is no other or higher authority here. Except maybe the man who operates the Lucasforums-server-power-switch. But i think he will be one of the romping buddies of the mods, supermods and admins.

Of course you could easily run your own forum, anytime.

Originally posted by yaebginn

so no no new mods will ever be created?

Well the game's got a lot of potential of bringing in a crap-load of new forum members.

So I guess I should revise my statement that I don't intend on creating new mods, but under different circumstances, I'm sure there's a possibility :)

• 4 weeks later...

-Why divide? Its mostly the same. We cover all 3. Though of course mostly PC cause of the modifications.

-Leagues list could be posted in a stickyness in clans forums as well.

-Already exists. look in some stickies in clans forums, theres a clan database, a topic where clans can post their info in a compact post...

i am sorry for bringing up bad topics, but i have thought that this was a better thread to add my suggestments, instead of making a new thread (which is pointless).

anyways, going on-topic.

I suggest that the site would have Video Clips of the game.

Detailed information on the weapons, vehicles, planets ect..

More Content to the site itself.

Originally posted by MoonSlasher

i am sorry for bringing up bad topics, but i have thought that this was a better thread to add my suggestments, instead of making a new thread (which is pointless).

anyways, going on-topic.

I suggest that the site would have Video Clips of the game.

Detailed information on the weapons, vehicles, planets ect..

More Content to the site itself.

Don't worry, sir, all content will be updated hopefully by the game's release, maybe even by tomorrow ^_^

Video Clips are a nice idea, I'm thinking we can get that organized once the game comes out.

Archived