Home

WIP: Pit Droid

Matt-Liell

Scroll down, damn ads

Well good news I got 3dsm back, tad bit of bad news is its Max 6 so I dont have any of my importers/exporters and most importantly not textporter so if anyone can link up to a textporter for max 6 I greatly appreciate it and now on to the model.

I've been working on it for oh 2 mintutes now but hell why not post something. :p

Its gonna be pretty easy to model and skin I think and many colours will be available, I think its jsut gonna be one of those fun little models to play with.

its only about 300 polys now:

3067.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been waiting for one of these...

I always thought the eye piece was "squared" (not smoothe like a donight but with right angles like a piece of PVC pipe)

EDIT::

I was wrong and right at the same time....

The eye pice is smoothed on the outside but has a hard edge along the inside

http://www.decipher.com/youngjedi/cardlists/menaceofdarthmaul/dark/large/94pitdroidmechanic.html

hehe zappa your "looks good" probably has make you have 1000 post; anyway, now is when you have to say it cuz the other screenshot was just a head.

Now it looks really nice and with a propper skin it will rocks and nice idea about the lense; i was thinking in making for it animations, but it wont be a player model so better a player model than a vehicle :)

Originally posted by LightNinja

Now it looks really nice and with a propper skin it will rock

I agree the skin posibilities are endless, and thats why I want to hold a skinning contest when its finished (feet, arms and hands to go) you can do whatever you like, you can make it any colour you want (someone should do a default [tan], and red, and blue) but greens, purples, blacks, etc. will be accepted. The winners for the defualt colours (tan, red, blue) will be released with the model. If another submissions are really cool and I like them they will be released with it with bonuses! Just be patient till I release it, spread the word, and post here with work ideas, concpets and your acknowledgment of interest.

To Lil Killa, I don't have a clue what you are talknig about (but that ref did help with the neck so thank you! ;)

*opens GTK*

driod.jpg

If you look at the link I posted above you should be able to see it now. The eye piece is only rounded on the outside edge and it flat on the inside edge.

P.S. Sure you could figure it out but just in case.... the red is what you have in the last pic you posted and the green is what it should be.

I understand now what you mean Lil Killa and I'll try to fix it, I thought that was what you meant but the pic you posted earlier didn't really show it.

While the database of LF was down I spent my time making the best screen for you guys. :p

pitdroidfin.jpg

Any ideas on how I could get the skinning contest to work well?

LightNinja the modelling is just about done, if your offer of weighting him still stands, would you like to do the mapping or should I? If it isn't a problem for you, you're much better than I am, but if its more convienient I'll give it a shot.

I also have finished the sounds!:)

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

Has bad smoothing, nothing I can't fix, or you for that matter. :]

Also, what is the polycount at, ATM?

Actually if you look pit droids are boxy they really aren't smooth except in some places, it'll look fine with textures.

And polycount is 2883 I beleive.

Sorry for the lack of updates, it was the whole database down thing, as a result I haven't spoke with LigthNinja in awhile but I emailed him the file today so we'll see if he'll take up the task of rigging him. As I said the sounds are done, I took them from the episode 1 pod racer game I found collecting dust in the closet I edited them in my music editing program (cut them up so they work right and just took bits and pieces from clips) I have a taunt, 3 pains, a choke and a jump for those who asre wondering, so there will be no lack of new sounds like my punisher model. :)

Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

I'm guessing it's a player model, but I was wondering if you were gonna make like, a NPC like the Jawa

Yes tis a player model and I haven't given any thought actually to doing NPC, prolly cuz I don't know how and I really dunno what it does. :p

Originally posted by Zappa_0

LOL, hahhahaha go ahead and tell yourself anything you want, aslong as it makes you feel good! :D Hmmm interesting Lil K!

We know its true!!! :p.

Sorry matt i can rig it but i cant take the maps right know cuz im bussy with the raptor; it doesnt seem to be a hard-anoying uwmap so it wont be much work, once you do it send me and ill weight it :)

Originally posted by LightNinja

We know its true!!! :p.

Sorry matt i can rig it but i cant take the maps right know cuz im bussy with the raptor; it doesnt seem to be a hard-anoying uwmap so it wont be much work, once you do it send me and ill weight it :)

Arrr, the dreaded Raptor. We should just call you Mr. Hammond. Sure I'll make the maps then thanks for helping to rig him!

Archived