Home

Support this mod

Romanov77

I dont know if you already know, but while you are waiting for GB2 you may check this great star wars mod for C&C Generals, Star Wars Imperial Assault.

The screenshots are really impressive and recently there's also an amazing teaser avable for download.

The public BETA is going to be released soon, but the guys need support, as they stated in the homepage.

Take a look at it, and if you can support the mod :)

LINK: http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~imperialassault/

Surely looks more fun than GB, wich features lots of identical sides with different skins.

There are no unique sides, they are all the same, only with some upgrades\building restrictions\prices.

Not to mention that I feel like playing Age of Empires.....

At least with SWGB you're playing a proper game with some thought put in to development.

If anyone even thinks this mod will be good take a look at the huge list of problems I just posted in Viceroy's "New Ideas For The Game WE ALL WANT" thread.

As someone who was once working on this mod, trust me it won't be great. It's really sad too, there is a whole lot of potential there; the modellers and coders are awesome, I was so impressed with the amount of skill some of those guys had. If they had have had just a decent design to start with, the mod could have been fantastic. But it was not to be. I really feel sorry for those talented guys with all the effort they put in, all gone to waste because the design is ultimately crap.

Hi, I'm Edan, leader of IA.

These negative feelings Vostok that you are spreading about IA on these forums are really gonna hurt us, because we wanted to get immersed into the Star Wars community. Many of your claimes are baseless and have been corrected, and we need show everyone that before they judge us.

Check out this topic to see some discussion about it so that you aren't taken up on a biased opinion without seeing the whole picture.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1596492#post1596492

hmmm seems like some people take one look and dont take the time to find out what IA really is. Those unit pages are old and need to be updated, i guess thats our fault.

But Each general is diffrent, and sides are well balanced. i think its much better then GB, even though i only have the alpha. Its also better than FC that game was crap.

But people pleeeze take some time to look at IA, and if you find somethin you dont like, post about it. I mean its not that hard to make a new unit (for me at least)

For the People by the People

If you have any questions about IA feel free to e-mail me michiganspeed21[at]yahoo.com

-Bryant IA head Modeler

Sorry Edan, I don't meant to be a trouble-maker. I'll cease and desist all negative comments about IA. You guys have worked long and hard on it, who am I to bad mouth it? If you guys think it will work, good luck to you. You can't please everyone all of the time, and if most of the responses you've gotten have been positive I don't mean to be the fly in the ointment by saying the opposite.

Everyone should make up their own mind about the mod. Don't go just by what I'm saying.

At any rate though, I'd hesitate to claim it will be a lot better than Galactic Battlegrounds. Force Commander, yes, it can certainly be better than that, but if you can match the playability of SWGB I would be surprised.

Archived