Home

Romance In KotOR II

R2-D8

Bioware seems to like the romance thing beacause Baldurs gate 2 had it, I believe you have a girlfreind in Jade Empire. And we all know that there is a romance in KotOR I. But a diffrent company is behind number 2 right? Obsidios I think there name is. But I think they will probably do that again. I bet you could have a romance with that Mira girl. Anybody know if there will be any? Beacause they add on well to the story! And beacause I am a perverted fat hairy sweaty man behind this computer. (Just kidding, I am eating a few too many twinkies though)

Also I heard from a member of another forum that you will have a optional romance relationship. I hate game companies! They always arouse so much speculation and rumors and it makes me want to make like darth vader and choke em' unil they spit it out! :mad: Like I also wanna know what characters will return! I have a good feeling carth might be one though.

^^^^

If there are going to be returning characters from KOTOR other than T3-M4.

The returning characters from KOTOR would vary in each game you play depending on how you tell the game how your KOTOR game ended.

Example: Carth would not show up if Revan was a female and went darkside with the romance plot with Carth, since you kill Carth, the list goes on and on.

Sorry, but there will be no romances in KOTOR:TSL that was plainly stated by Obsidian, and I don't really see that changing, only Master and Apprentice style relationships with your NPC's.

Originally posted by RedHawke

Example: Carth would not show up if Revan was a female and went darkside with the romance plot with Carth, since you kill Carth, the list goes on and on.

Do you have to start LS and switch at the temple? I was never able to figure out how to do that?

Originally posted by Achillies

Do you have to start LS and switch at the temple? I was never able to figure out how to do that?

Yeah, you have to do the game full-on LS rescue/redeem Dustil, and sucsessfully talk with Carth to the point he states he can't hate you for being Revan and then says "he thinks he could love you", and you give the "I think could love you too Carth" reply and then on the temple summit, you fall to the darkside, kill Jolee and Juhani, he runs off on the beach, and the rest should be locked in at that point.

Yeah, you have to do the game full-on LS rescue/redeem Dustil, and sucsessfully talk with Carth to the point he states he can't hate you for being Revan and then says "he thinks he could love you", and you give the "I think could love you too Carth" reply and then on the temple summit, you fall to the darkside, kill Jolee and Juhani, he runs off on the beach, and the rest should be locked in at that point.

That's worthy of a new game. That's two things that you've told me about this week. Here I thought I knew everything about this game.

It's possible to do it being dark side, too. You only have to rescue Dustil and be nice to Carth. The rest of the game, you can be as evil as you want.

Originally posted by Tanesh

It's possible to do it being dark side, too. You only have to rescue Dustil and be nice to Carth. The rest of the game, you can be as evil as you want.

But you can't be darkside and be nice to Carth, being evil to Carth is part of the whole spirit of the darkside! :D

I do that when I play as a male character. :D Oh well, and sometimes as female, too. You can say almost everything to him without ending the romance too early ... What he really doesn't like (and ends the romance) is killing Dustil and telling him that you just wanted to see him suffer after his torture on the Leviathan.

I played the game both ways, being very nice with Cath one time and being rash the other time: I even told him that he was a "Hairless Wookie" :D . Save Dustil, listen to all his family story while being nice but for the rest you are free. Outside this, if you are too evil, he will mention that he worries for you but that's all. You have funny options by not being very nice: depending on what you chose, he can still fall in love with you. He once replied to one of my heartless anwers " I could probably get the same kind of attention from a blaster rifle." and you can reply " Oh, I think there's things I can do that a blaster can't" :p:D Priceless...:D

In the English version you have two " Gamorrean" options (not at the same time):

Gamorrean pig-man!

Lobotomized Gamorrean :D :D

But Carth also has one: "

Very cute. If you got any cuter, you'd pass for a Gamorrean's sister."

It's all in k_hcar_dialog.dlg :)

Originally posted by Darth333

He once replied to one of my heartless anwers " I could probably get the same kind of attention from a blaster rifle." and you can reply " Oh, I think there's things I can do that a blaster can't" :p:D Priceless...:D

*LMAO*

Priceless indeed.

^^^^

You know kome566 that is the first signs of old age... mind goes... then...

[Jolee] What were we talking about again?

Oh, I get it your just messing with an old mans head.

I don't want to talk anymore my throat is dry and you are making me cranky... shoo! [/Jolee]

And Darth333, :rofl: Those Carth dialogue Blaster Rifle lines... are definately priceless! :D

^^^^

You know kome566 that is the first signs of old age... mind goes... then...

[Jolee] What were we talking about again?

Oh, I get it your just messing with an old mans head.

I don't want to talk anymore my throat is dry and you are making me cranky... shoo! [/Jolee]

And Darth333, :rofl: Those Carth dialogue Blaster Rifle lines... are definately priceless! :D

I hate you old man!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, but there will be no romances in KOTOR:TSL that was plainly stated by Obsidian, and I don't really see that changing, only Master and Apprentice style relationships with your NPC's.

I heard there isn't going to be romance in KOTOR:TSL Is this true?

His wording was 'aren't tied solely to romance'. He wasn't saying that there isn't going to be any, but that the NPC interactions are going to be based on more than just romance. -Akari (programmer)

source: Obsidian forum

Archived