Home

I leave for Austin, TX Friday, and then I am on vacation the entire next week.

Needless to say, I been busy as HELL working and preparing for this trip. I had to buy some clothes for the wedding which is just awful. I TOTALLY hate shopping, especially when your buying clothes you normally don't wear everyday (IE: a suit and tie). I hated it so much, I wanted to go back to work for another 8 hours instead.

Anyways, I realized I needed some more socks, so I just HAD to go out and shop yet some more.

While shopping for socks, I found some really cool things that I needed and wanted.

First of all, my new mobile phone . Something I NEEDED. I got into a huge problem with my last wireless company (cingular) who charged me far more than my contract had indicated, so I went with Virgin Mobile so I could decide how much I want to spend without the monthly hassles. All in all, so far I am pretty happy with it! I also got a "hands free" thingy, so I can talk in my car, without holding the phone, because you can get a ticket for that sort of thing where I live.

Then:

B0000CDLBR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Not exactly new, in fact it came out last year.

However, it is the first STP CD I ever bought new! (I have all the albums, but bought all of them at a used CD store. I always loved STP's brand of music, and Scott Wieland has the exact same vocal range as me, so I always do STP song when I hit the kareoke bars. I am thinking of taking it to another level, and getting into another regular band, but I have to find one that does this type of music, becase that is what I want to do. STP/Staind/Sevendust type stuff.

This album is great! The songs are not in chronological order or anything, but it has a good round of songs for any one CD. Personally I would have included "Glide", and "I Got You" from the No.4 album, but it is still good!

B000286S8S.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Now THIS CD is just plain freaking cool! Even if your a closet Van Halen fan, or just like a FEW songs, every song that Van Halen ever did that is worth talking about or mentioning is on this disc. This takes you back to a time when Van Halen was pure fun to listen too. And the classic song from the movie Better Off Dead , "Everybody Want's Some" is also included on this CD.

Only thing that surprised me about this CD is that even though 70% of the album has David Lee Roth as the lead vocalist, for some reason the pics inside the disc only show the group with Sammy Hagar as the vocalist. Unless this is a direct diss towards David.....it strikes me as rather strange....

Anyways, did any of you othe swampies buy anything cool lately? Please share!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Righto, here I go:

e839eae4.jpg

I didn't buy it but it went in my room and hooks up to my computer. So yay.

6f5e9beb.jpg

Bought this one in France to add to the 2 others. Damn good statues them.

9c008c02.jpg

Got this in France as well for like.. 5 bucks, and it looked pretty nice.

0a127b53.jpg

Yaaay. Need I explain?

IMG_1147.jpg

This is a good book, its gots got 4 separate stories in it, 2 of which I have read so far.

No pics, but.....

Recently I bought an import of Aerosmith albumbs from Australlia. The two CD's were Greatest Hits 1973-1986 and Classics Live. They are probably my favorite Aerosmith albums now. And, today I'll get another one, perhaps Classics Live II or maybe even Rocks. ^_^

Archived