Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I mentioned it earlier, but I never put it on here. I got Weird Al's new cd. And I love it.

Also, we had the first of many meetings of computer club / video game club today. We had 2 xboxes lanned playin Halo 2 on the walls using good LCD projectors, and me and my friend kicked some serious ass. We played 2v3v3 on Coagulation, normal weapons and everything else. It was great ****in fun. Can't wait til next week, should have 3 xboxes next week.

Very odd, but bare with me. (Yes, this is another "TiE is going insane again" moments)

I think I figured out the paradox of time travel on my own grounds. I've bet something like this has been written before, but I didn't copy them, this is all my thought.

Okay, imagine this:

You are in a building with 3 rooms. One room has the "In" side of a time traveling device. Another has the "Out" side of the machine. The 3rd is a waiting room.

Well, when you enter the machine you arrive 10 minutes before in the "Out" room. After 9 minutes you get leave to go to observe yourself going into the machine through a one-way mirror. "Ah, I was watching myself the entire time."

But then you get passed onto the 3rd room, and you discover thousands of copies of yourself in 10 minute intervals.

The real paradox is that there should only be you and your present copy. But now you're in the 3rd room with your x amount of copies of you. You get locked in with the rest, and every ten minutes you get a new visitor. A new copy of yourself! Even though no one is entering the "In" side of the machine.

You can't stop yourself from going back in time before stepping into the "In" side because then you wouldn't exist. You would never have existed in the past had you stopped yourself.

The main problem is that you and only you ever see yourself going back in time on the "In" side. And it is impossible for the people before you to see that happen, but from all evidence, they did see themselves, everyone of them.

So the only possible explaination is that in that building while you stand in the 1st room for the last time in your life, there is an infinite amount of copies of you in the 3rd room. INFINITE.

But nothing is infinite, therefore timetravel in the past is a paradox and completely impossible.

Very odd, but bare with me. (Yes, this is another "TiE is going insane again" moments)

I think I figured out the paradox of time travel on my own grounds. I've bet something like this has been written before, but I didn't copy them, this is all my thought.

Okay, imagine this:

You are in a building with 3 rooms. One room has the "In" side of a time traveling device. Another has the "Out" side of the machine. The 3rd is a waiting room.

Well, when you enter the machine you arrive 10 minutes before in the "Out" room. After 9 minutes you get leave to go to observe yourself going into the machine through a one-way mirror. "Ah, I was watching myself the entire time."

But then you get passed onto the 3rd room, and you discover thousands of copies of yourself in 10 minute intervals.

The real paradox is that there should only be you and your present copy. But now you're in the 3rd room with your x amount of copies of you. You get locked in with the rest, and every ten minutes you get a new visitor. A new copy of yourself! Even though no one is entering the "In" side of the machine.

You can't stop yourself from going back in time before stepping into the "In" side because then you wouldn't exist. You would never have existed in the past had you stopped yourself.

The main problem is that you and only you ever see yourself going back in time on the "In" side. And it is impossible for the people before you to see that happen, but from all evidence, they did see themselves, everyone of them.

So the only possible explaination is that in that building while you stand in the 1st room for the last time in your life, there is an infinite amount of copies of you in the 3rd room. INFINITE.

But nothing is infinite, therefore timetravel in the past is a paradox and completely impossible.

Something to that effect is pretty much accepted in science; you can't have two of your own self in the same dimension, yada yada yada. But I do see a flaw in your reasoning: at some point yes you won't have infinite amount of yourselves in the 3rd room, but that's only because you use up all the space within, not because of the nature of it being infinite.

My own theory on time travel is that if it ever existed it'd already have happened.

Something to that effect is pretty much accepted in science; you can't have two of your own self in the same dimension, yada yada yada. But I do see a flaw in your reasoning: at some point yes you won't have infinite amount of yourselves in the 3rd room, but that's only because you use up all the space within, not because of the nature of it being infinite.

My own theory on time travel is that if it ever existed it'd already have happened.

The idea isnt the mass within the room though, thats a whole new arguement all together.

The whole idea makes sense, but I agree with Tyrion, it would have happened by now

Also, that post was for another thread in another forum about Time Travel.

Also, I updated my post in that thread, because I realized that whole "Can't be infinite thing"'

If someone says "There should be only one genuine you, so after you go back in time no one should enter behind you."

Not true, because where does your previous copy go when you're watching him? Ten minutes in the past! You at present watch yourself go into the past, the only thing that can happen is that another person arrives behind you after you wait 10 minutes. But he needs to see himself go back in time--- That's the error. It's impossible for him to see himself cause you just saw him doing it 10 minutes before he was even there.

This hypothetical situation could never happen, that is the proof of the impossiblity of going back in time.

Got this on Friday, reason why I haven't been on teh computer or teh 360 for a couple of days.

B000E991PC.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V63759651_.jpg

B00004TN9O.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64688007_.jpg

+ Memory Card

Should have gotten the PS2 earlier. Also, Okami rocks, if you've got a PS2 get it now, more fun than OoT IMHO.

I've clocked around 15 hours on Okami and from what I've seen on the internet, I'm only 1/4 of the way through. Wow.

Archived