Home

I too tried to get a Wii today. I went to future shop around 45 minutes before they opened but there was already a lineup and they were all solt out (all 6 of them :p).

Six?! lol. Funny how you live in a larger city than me (assuming you live in Montreal), but we get more consoles shipped than you, unless you sold out really quick.

My buddy bought his last Tuesday and they had a new shipment, but they were sold out really quick. And last time, I went to Future Shop, all they had was 2 games available (1 copy of Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam and 1 copy of Madden NFL 07 :p) All I wanted was a damn nunchuk. Those nunchuks are sure hard to find. I've been to Zellers, Blockbusters, and Future Shop many times this past week and they don't ever have any in stock. :fist: Bah, Zellers is suppose to get a new stock tomorrow, so I'll ahve to go early tomorrow to get one.

I'll try my luck again tomorrw... Third time's a cham as they say ;)

I'll assume you mean tomorrow and charm. ;)

Good luck to you finding one and you too Moel.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I too tried to get a Wii today. I went to future shop around 45 minutes before they opened but there was already a lineup and they were all solt out (all 6 of them :p). However, I could have bought 2 or 3 PS3s... I must have gone to 6 or 7 stores after that, but with the same result. I swear, I didn't not even find a single Wii accessory in stock, nor could I find a copy of Zelda on the shelves.

I'll try my luck again tomorrw... Third time's a cham as they say ;)

I went again today with no luck, but a best buy employee told me best buy will have them in tomorrow so I'll be getting up a little early to make sure I get one...

Same here, I went to Zellers, because an employe told me Zellers would receive some today, but they didn't. Besides, they have a waiting list, so I wouldn't have gotten one anyways. I also went to Wal-Mart, but the electronics employee told me they did not even receive a second batch since launch... I'll try again on monday morning.

Six?! lol. Funny how you live in a larger city than me (assuming you live in Montreal), but we get more consoles shipped than you, unless you sold out really quick.
There are a couple of Future Shop stores in Montréal, plus a cople more in the region, this particular store only had 6, Hopefully they'll some more soon.

I'll assume you mean tomorrow and charm.
Thanks Typo Fairy ;)

Err, right. It's not 1337 until you need to go to the bank to get a loan to afford the card. :p

Coming from me, who went from 32mb onboard S3 graphics, to 32mb GeForce 2 AGP4X when graphics cards like the X800 were coming out, I can say that for that leap, it's very 1337.

Got on Wednesday.

Used: $10

box-l.jpg

New: $15 after rebate

PS220shadow20of20the20colossus_box.jpg

Been playing Wind Waker like a mother ****er, haven't touched Colossus, yet.

Arrived Friday

$14 off eBay

vgahd360.jpg

Cheap Chinese knock-off, but it works and now I get HD graphics on a $120 LCD monitor.

wii-box-1.png

wii-console1-1.png

wii-console2-1.png

wii-controllers-1.png

wii-zelda-box-1.png

Finally! I had to wait outside a best buy for an hour and a half, but it was worth it. Every store was out of remotes and nunchucks though :( so I only have the one that came with the system.

I've played all the wii sports games and about an hour of Zelda TP, so far it's amazing !!

I'm a little over 3 hours into TP now, it's great :D

But I still wish I could have found another wiimote and nunchuck, everywhere is sold out of them. Best Buy told me they got 1 wiimote in with their shipment of 27 Wiis today.

Good luck finding one coupes. :)

"320gb" (In reality 298gb) External Hard Drive Disk

Maxtor 3200, got it at Best Buy on sale for $140 after taxes.

7633947_sa.jpg

Right now I'm moving my current 42gigs of crap to it. Then later I'll move the stuff on my DVDs to it. It'll be my "Giga bitch", and I'll be it's Pimp. But it's awesome because It nearly doubled my entire storage capacity on both computers.

Gaming Comp (114 + 114) + 'Internets' Comp (76 + 18) = 322

Edit: I'm impressed so far. Took only around 25 minutes to transfer that 42 gigs. Also, I decided to test it's speed so I moved a 350mb file over to the new drive, took around 20 seconds. Then I compared it by simply making a copy of the same file and placing it back on the same drive, took around 35 seconds. Weird...

Thanks for the encouragements guys, I'll try again tomorrow morning ;)

Though, at least you have accessories available, I have had no luck finding a nunchuk yet.
Actually, this was the very first and only one I saw, other than Wii points, which don't really count as accessories. :p

Archived