Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesnt that defeat the purpose of a hard setting?

It's only easy if you think your actions through. You can't go running and gunning about, or else you're going to die pretty quickly, but by hacking gun turrets(fun mini game!) and using plasmids right, most fights are easy. Except for Big Daddy fights...even if you're prepared, they're still a bitch.

Although, strangely enough, it's MUCH easier to kill two big daddies at the same time than only one, thanks to the Enrage plasmid.

It's only easy if you think your actions through. You can't go running and gunning about, or else you're going to die pretty quickly, but by hacking gun turrets(fun mini game!) and using plasmids right, most fights are easy. Except for Big Daddy fights...even if you're prepared, they're still a bitch.

Although, strangely enough, it's MUCH easier to kill two big daddies at the same time than only one, thanks to the Enrage plasmid.

That is right about where I am now. I just defeated the crazy doctor. I bought the enrage plasmid, but forgot to equip it. How do I go back and do that. Right now I am at that point where I don't really no what to do next.

Doesnt that defeat the purpose of a hard setting?

I guess I should specify. By easy, I mean the controls are easy, and there is never any confusion as to where you need to go, or what you need to do. Although I have been playing FPS games for years, many of them kind of leave you guessing, or back tracking a lot. There is some back tracking in Bioshock, but they keep it interesting. Like when you go back, there may be more splicers waiting for you, carrying various things like med kits, bullets and money, or even EVE. Sometimes certain blocked areas will be open at a later time, extending the game either farther with rooms containing more "loot" for lack of better words. There is even a big gold arrow at the top of your screen that points to where you need to go (kind of similar to the compass in Call of Duty). The only real mystery in this game is what the hell happened to Rapture, and how you eliminate your enemies. Like Tyrion said, you can't just run through this game, or you'll be sorry.

That is right about where I am now. I just defeated the crazy doctor. I bought the enrage plasmid, but forgot to equip it. How do I go back and do that. Right now I am at that point where I don't really no what to do next.

You have to find a gene bank, and that lets you reequip plasmids. Just to let you know, the game will only get better from the point you're at. And also quite a bit harder, especially with the hacking mini-games. They're easy at the beginning, but after a while they stack the odds against you like a bitch.

Trying to decide if I want to sacrifice sleep in place of more Bioshock. I have said a few swear words today due to that game. But my curiosity as to what happens next makes it hard for me to put it down. Sign of a great game indeed. I have not had this much fun with an FPS game since Half Life 2.

I reloaded the OS on my computer and it's running much better now. I don't know what I did but I must have fuxed-up my Vista at some point before playing games and I never had good performance. Now Sims 2 starts up in no time and runs smooth. Very happy. :D

Well, my grandma was feeling extremely generous and thought I was missing something for college, so I give you: MY NEW LAPTOP :D

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01061817&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3439478&rule=32283&lang=en

Total came to $915. For those to lazy to read the above link, it's a turion 64 X2, 2 gigs ram, GeForce 6150 that can go to 512MB, excellent speakers for a laptop, and it came with a remote :D

This thing kicks ass. Can't wait to chuck vista though and triboot xp, sabayon, and OSx86 :D

And yes, I now owe my grandmother my soul. She paid for part of my tuition and this. I am more grateful than you can even imagine. I gotta go get a thank you card for her still.

Well, my grandma was feeling extremely generous and thought I was missing something for college, so I give you: MY NEW LAPTOP :D

And yes, I now owe my grandmother my soul. She paid for part of my tuition and this. I am more grateful than you can even imagine. I gotta go get a thank you card for her still.

My grandma thought I was her brother Chuck :/

Well, I'm starting my new job tomorrow morning.

I''m officially a professionnal 3D artist now, and I'll be making video games for a living... life is good. :thumbsup:

What studio?

If it's EA, you should gather all of your belongings into a funeral pyre of your own crispy demise, because that's the only way you can keep your soul from being devoured. Fiendishly.

With ketchup.

Thanks guys... An no it's not EA, I didn't even apply for a job there.

The studio is called Gameloft, a leading international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones. But they don't only make games for cellphones, they've extended their production to Xbox360, Wii, NDS and PSP. They're the studio behind Prince of Persia Classic on XBLA.

Holy ****s, we got ourselves a bonafide game developing monkey on these forums.

*Bows to Coupes in esteemed honor*

Anyway, something I bought at Fry's, visiting it the first time in Washington. I went to Fry's maybe two or three times in California years ago, but I finally went there.... I wish I could live there and/or steal anything I could get my hands on. Well, I just got a game and a case fan for my PC, which is seriously lacking in fans. As in it has no case fans, only CPU, PSU, and GPU fans.

932265_85832_front.jpg

$40 - Yeah, sleezy cat girls do make games better. I'm only about two hours into it, but I'm enjoying the ride at the moment. I probably should have gotten Joanne 'd Arc, though...

But bad thing, for some reason there is a slightly dim spot on the screen of my PSP, about the size of a small button, smaller than a dime. But I can easily ignore it and it's really only noticeable in light screens or when there are solid colors. Hardly noticeable in Lumines and it always seems like I'm being followed by a demon in Brave Story. It's slightly off-center.

Edit:

jeanne_darc_frontcover_large_62VYd5.jpg

$30, lawl. I need more money, I'm getting promoted at work but school is starting and I'm probably going to be strapped for cash when all the new XB360 games come out between now and Christmas.

*image of Bioshock*

LOVE THIS GAME! It is innovative, exciting, and yet easy to play even on the hardest setting. I especially like the ability to electrocute slicers in Rapture. I have to say this game far exceeded my expectations.

I agree with you completely. The game is amazing. The game is excellent thus far.

If just defeated the two Big Daddies in Neptune's Bounty. Though, I defeated them separately. And I collected a gift for rescuing the Little Sister's and I've bought two slots and upgraded my character.

Though, I didn't get Enrage and ended up getting a health increase. And just got the plasmid to get a Big Daddy on your side.

Very fun game, indeed.

Archived