Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I haven't bought a new game/movie/cd in ages that I honestly, thoroughly enjoyed.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer something that wasn't an MMO or something I'd get completely sucked into and have to pay tons of money for.

Oh, and TV Shows can count in the movies category as well.

See the post above yours, wally. Two recommendations right there. :D

the CS cd is, well, not sure how to describe it, but it's happy pop sounding-ish. But not crap pop. :D you can listen to the entire cd on their site, because they're indie and can do cool things like that.

the game is outstanding and the GOTY retails for $30, so definitely worth a try. It has the original Longest Journey game in it as well, which is one of my absolute favorite games ever - probably worth the money just by itself (not even including the soundtrack cd and Dreamfall of course) :)

Geelong made history by spanking Port Adelaide to finish a simply dominating year in AFL.

My Aussie chick was telling me about this. I was getting 1am(my time) texts from her. She was pissed(drunk) out of her mind. It was funny but I just wanted to sleep.

Also, I went halves with my brother on the Halo 3 Xbox 360 just so we could finish the fight.

Why did you buy two hockey games?

Hockey is about the only sport I give a damn about. Last year I wound up buying both Hockey games, and liked both for different reasons. 2K has all the cool features and party modes, EA has the skill stick. Each one is fun for various reasons. Sadly, this year, I have not got around to playing either one of these new ones yet.

Yeah, hockey rules doesn't it ! :thumbsup:

I hope for you the Blackhawks are gonna have more success this year, they certainly have improved tremendously on paper. With all those young guys they're sure to case a couple of surprises sooner or later ;)

I got these 2 weeks ago, but didn't bother to post...

Sennheiser HD 435

sennheiser_hd435.jpg

NHL 08 is pretty damn fun. Better than NHL 07. I'm not a fan of the 2K series, specifically for hockey. So, I don't really know who fun that game is, but the graphics for NHL 08 are amazing.

I rented Madden NFL 08 and completed it, now I'm just playing around in superstar mode. I've created a Halfback, and I was drafted to the Browns. >_> They're brutal.

Fixed.

Don't get me wrong sports are fun and all, but making it into a video game when you can just as easily go outside and play them. Perhaps not at the professional level but just a pick-up game.

I agree with you to some point. There is just no substitute for the real thing. When I was in high school, I played right wing for the Joliet West Tigers! :p Hopefully that helps explain my hockey addiction. And yes, there is NO substitute for the real thing. I have tried over the years to get a street hockey team together with little success. At my age now, being out of shape and all, and with all the crazy hours I work, it's no longer a possibility. Besides, I don't know about you, but where I live, it's not possible to get a street hockey game going in the middle of the night, but I can easily turn on my 360, and invite a few of my buddies on my list to join up for a period, or two. Also, collectively, $50-$60 is a great deal cheaper than the combined cost of roller blades, regulation sticks, pucks and two nets. So there! :p

On the one hand hockey; if you had not sworn off ever playing it after it was forced upon you in school all the time, or really any sport, is better than even this year's impressive video games. On the other hand how many of you can shred the ice like Gretzkey? Mark and kick like Crawford and Ablett? Stuff the rock like Shaq? Can you even hit the ball playing golf, or hell, create controversy like Warne?

NHL 08 is pretty damn fun. Better than NHL 07. I'm not a fan of the 2K series, specifically for hockey. So, I don't really know who fun that game is, but the graphics for NHL 08 are amazing.

I rented Madden NFL 08 and completed it, now I'm just playing around in superstar mode. I've created a Halfback, and I was drafted to the Browns. >_> They're brutal.

NHL 2K8 has free stick-handling, you use the analog stick to control the puck and you can like pass it through your legs and whip it around, etc. My friend got NHL 08 and says it's unreal (he's playing it on the PS3 :p)

Archived