Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah you haven't seen some of the characters that are in the game if you're only on 50-something. Thats how it was for me, I watched it on TV but its not going to be airing anymore after I think this next week so I started watching the sub.

Anyways yeah the game is pretty fun I think. It could really use online play but I'm sure multiplayer will be fun at least. I've beaten episode mode with 3 different characters so far, its pretty easy.

^^ Shut up, I have 13 gigs and errr... 7 books of manga.

orange.jpg

Got this Wednesday Night (opening day) and played Portal and HL2. Well, I've finished Portal in just over two hours. And after four hours in HL2 I've just gotten out of Nova Prospekt. Achievements wise I got the ones for using only the Gravity Gun in Raven Holm (really friggin hard waiting for the trolley) and I didn't touch the sand once in Sandtraps.

Things I've noticed in HL2:

• Vortigaunts look different, they look like they have leathery skin- like a headcrab's, but their eyes look pretty neat.
  • G-Man's eyes in the beginning look green and more "piercing".
  • Blood splatter is larger, probably for the console audience to better tell when you hit.
  • Normal difficulty is pretty easy.
  • I can still say G-Man's lines in the start before he does, I've seen it so many times.
  • Vortigaunts' attack effects look nicer (the lighting bits).
  • There is a new type of combine soldier who is brown with red eyes, they use shotguns.
  • There is some motion blur.
  • The technique of "pupil adjusting" in HDR is present.
  • The flashlight now casts real-time shadows that look really nice. Even self-shadows. It's almost like Stalker quality shadows.
  • Pistol reload sound is different.
  • 360 controller- Triggers: Primary/Secondary fire; LB: Sprint; RB: Gravity gun short-cut; Y: Light; B: Reload; A: Jump; X: Use/Grab; Back: Order teams.
  • My personal set-up- RB: Reload (like GoW and H3); Y: Gravity Gun; B: Light
  • Stationary guns- the fire sound seems bugged.
  • Airboat and Buggy guns auto-target slightly. Buggy is really easy because you can charge the gun and nail anyone who you see.
  • The game runs like it's one a high-end computer.
  • Load times are amazingly short. It may just be my computer but whenever I had to load it would take probably 15-20 seconds. On the 360 it rarely takes over 10 seconds.
  • As I pointed out to my brother, this game technically has a score of around 48/10 and is worth $130. So if you can, and even if you have played HL2 before, get this game, you'll still like it.

So yeah, I finally got my 16GB iPod touch today.

I ****ing love it. It was totally worth the price. I'm happy I sold my soul to Apple.

Have you had any issues with the odd quality of the black coloring on the screen? I haven't really been up to date with the iPod Touch information, so I don't know if it was fixed or not, but I was kinda bummed to hear about it.

Have you had any issues with the odd quality of the black coloring on the screen? I haven't really been up to date with the iPod Touch information, so I don't know if it was fixed or not, but I was kinda bummed to hear about it.

Nope. The only ones who had that defect were the ones sold last month. So if you buy one now there shouldn't be any risk.

I've finally broke into Episode Two last night and I'm about half way through it. Holy crap, without giving much away there are three cutscenes so far that are the best in game history. There are mini-boss fights that are insane. There was one part where I was looking for a poison zombie and his moaning and grunting sent shivers up my spine. The new vehicle is pretty bad-assed. Acid-lions are way too fast. And I think this game has some of the best graphics ever- just because things aren't bump-mapped and bloomed up the ying-yang doesn't mean it isn't awesome. And to confuse readers: You get to see Alyx's breasts but in an entirely surprising way, lol.

Extreme spoilers, this could will ruin the game for you...

The three cool cutscenes:

1: Alyx gets ambushed by a Hunter, gets impaled, stomped, and becomes comatose. The one time ever when Gordon should of friggin said something. "Hey, uhh, Alyx... Get under the building, there's a hunter out there..." When I first saw her get spiked I just kept going "holy sh*t, holy sh*t,holy sh*t!" It's realistic, not stylized, and tragic as hell.

2: Alyx's "resurrection" scene and the first mano y mano talk with G-Man. Beats the HL2 intro like a pinata. G-Man looks eerily beautiful in this part.

3: The Advisor discovery. You find a baby Advisor and take him off of life-support. Well, things go wrong and what happens right after looks like a Phsys-X Card demonstration effect. Lots of stuff flying around, very very very cool looking.

4: I just saw the Dog vs. Strider fight, awesome stuff, I got to hold the Strider's brain.

In Skate I just had the best crash ever. On the mega ramp I do some kick ass tricks and all. Then I go back up the landing ramp and jump of the side, go into Coffin (lay down on the skateboard) and fall down 40+ feet straight onto another skater. Just complete smash, no way a dude would survive that, his brains would be all over the place.

I can post with my PSP and my DS. Lawl.

Also, I just finished watching The Price is Right with Drew Carrey. It was pretty messy show but there were some crazy contestants and it was a perfect show with 6/6 wins. Also, you'll laugh with him, not at him. It was a fun show.

Free Runner

Now dubbed Parkour.

In Skate I just had the best crash ever. On the mega ramp I do some kick ass tricks and all. Then I go back up the landing ramp and jump of the side, go into Coffin (lay down on the skateboard) and fall down 40+ feet straight onto another skater. Just complete smash, no way a dude would survive that, his brains would be all over the place.

Couldn't have beaten this wipeout/landing.

Also:

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

Also: Half-Life2 Ep. II Spoilers.

TiE you forgot when Eli dies. That was also a "Holy Sh*t!" moment!

Archived