Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
COD4_X360_Theta.jpg

Words cannot describe how amazing this is. The frame rate, the graphics, the Single player campaign, the online multi-player. All top notch. Finally a new game I am absolutely addicted too. I played this from about 8pm, to 4am. CRAZY!

I picked this up for the PS3 and I am in pure amazement! It's so good I want to call in sick tomorrow just to play it!

COD4_X360_Theta.jpg

Words cannot describe how amazing this is. The frame rate, the graphics, the Single player campaign, the online multi-player. All top notch. Finally a new game I am absolutely addicted too. I played this from about 8pm, to 4am. CRAZY!

Got it for 360 and it's a crap load of fun. I think I found my new MP game- better than Halo 3, better than R6 Vegas. It's seriously an awesome game. And it's fun because it's a lot like CoD1 MP on the PC. I kicked ass at that game and I'm kicking ass in CoD4- I got a 14 kill streak already. And last night I had 4 rounds in a row on a 12 player room where I was the MVP.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE CoD4:MW

ENDING SPOILERS AHEAD!

What's with the airplane 'mini-game' at the end?

EDIT-

Cheats spoiler

THE FIRST 4 ARE THE LAMEST CHEATS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

2 intels - COD Noir cheat (black and white mode)

4 intels - Photo-negative cheat (inverts colors)

6 intels - Super contrast cheat (gamma over-correction)

8 intels - Ragtime Warfare cheat (as above with quickened gameplay & SFX)

NOT EXACTLY MY CUP OF TEA AND NOT WORTH MY TIME TO GO AND FIND ALL 30 LAPTOPS. [/RANT]

I finished the CoD4 single player on Hardened difficulty (extra 90 points, woot!) after a massive marathon from around 9pm to 2:30am. There were some real places that totally kicked my ass over and over and over.

Somethings, spoilers I guess...

Hard parts in chronological order as I remember:

-Getting into the barn when the helicopter is flying around delivering death to you.

-The TV Station control room, total chaos for 90 seconds.

-Breaking into houses to find Al-Asad.

-Escaping from the assassination, the first section in the streets.

-Escaping from the assassination, carrying around MacMillian.

-Waiting for the copter, holy sh*t was that the hardest thing I've ever done, ever! (Hint: go behind the bumper cars thing, MacMillian is practically/is invincible, wait for the copter and shoot anyone who gets near.)

-The massive shoot-out at the barn.

-Going the hell back down, running for my life and dodging bullet spray.

-For some reason, Act III was a cake walk for me until we got to the missile base. I guess because there was plenty of cover and only so many soldiers at any time.

-Almost all of the missile base underground.

-The hardest single part by far was the 'maze' through the launch tubes. Holy hell, that 40 second section took me over half an hour to get through.

Essentially, this game is tough. Enemies constantly respawn and cause chaos for you. For an analogy, most of the time it's like a thunderstorm of bullets. The enemies never stop shooting, ever. And since it only takes a second or two of fire to get killed, it really sucks. The dudes don't pause for no reason shooting, and most of the time they will just peg you. Once they have a shot at you, they don't stop firing.

Cool ****:

-The whole cargo ship thing was the best first impression on a game, ever.

-The nuclear explosion and the crawling out the wreckage. Sorta sad and depressing.

-The sneaking around Chernobyl. STALKER should have been more like this.

-The One Shot Sniper kill. My bullet was funny, it curved to the left and at the last moment veered back, just barely hitting him in the face.

-Shooting the heli pilot and seeing one of the most M-Rating deserved thing in this game.

-The helicopter crashing down in front of you, and MacMillian barely avoiding disaster.

-Scaring a bunch of dogs in a pool I had no idea were there, and accidentally getting them to kill a patrol outside.

-Cornering the blue-track clothes wearing dude on top of the roof, holy crap. He shot himself, can you shoot his knees or something before he does? I guess he'd just fall to his death, though.

-The CoD series staple car chase at the end.

-Griggs getting hit at the end.

-Taking that evil dude the **** out.

Bankruptcy much?

Not as much as you'd think. I wasn't gonna get the iPhone when I heard it was tied to a contract, but it turns out to be quite a good deal. £270 for the phone with 200 minutes and texts free and month, plus unlimited data for £35 a month. I was spending more than that on my pay-as-you-go. As for the iPhone itself, set it up with no problems whatsoever, and after having a couple of days to play with it, I gotta say it's pretty damn awesome.

Bill, that sux =/ Season 3 isn't as good as 1 & 2 imo, but having to wait that much longer than us is ridiculous.

Archived