Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG Groovy, haven't you bought Little Big Planet? It's awesome!

I wasn't too impressed with the first Resistance tbh. I got it with my PS3 in a bundle. It just never grabbed me, but I might give it another go.

I got a free copy of Little Big Planet that I gave to one of my supervisors because I just don't hold interest in the damn thing.

Sony just seems to continuously dig they're own grave by constantly changing the system specs and compatibility issues. Now the joke of it all, is that Sony has since cast all backwards compatibility into the wind with it's current stripped down 80gig model, and even so with the soon to be released 160gig model. Sure, they want you to buy the new PS3 titles, but most of them are also available on 360. There are not many exclusives that shine among other systems. Most of them failed. Lair...failure. Warhawk....online only....failure. Heavenly sword...good but too short...another failure. Little Big Planet was recalled once, and a great deal of customers gave up on that title too. Next year you got God of War 3, and Killzone 2 which keeps me going because I HAVE played it and it is really great. Other than that, you got a whole lot of nothing, and it is nobody's fault but Sony. I keep my 60GB PS3, but honestly, it is mostly a blu-ray movie player for me. Recently I acquired a copy of Silent Hill, the first game that genuinely freaked me the hell out. What Sony does not realize, is that backwards compatibility is VERY important, because the current catalog is too shallow. True, most people are trading in the PS2 and all games, but many of them are going 360. Sony is failing. It is sad, but I have to say they are doing it to themselves. They have sequels to already popular games long before they have original titles. I have had my PS3 since January, and only have about 2 games...sad. This system has a great deal of potential, but they are loosing big time to original titles. I know a lot of Sony fan boys who purchased a 360, just for fable. Do the math. Sony once had a great system, but they have abandoned the fan base, and lost touch of what sells. I mean from where I am standing, they have lost all interest in the status of supply and demand. What the hell Sony?

I got a free copy of Little Big Planet that I gave to one of my supervisors because I just don't hold interest in the damn thing.

Sony just seems to continuously dig they're own grave by constantly changing the system specs and compatibility issues. Now the joke of it all, is that Sony has since cast all backwards compatibility into the wind with it's current stripped down 80gig model, and even so with the soon to be released 160gig model. Sure, they want you to buy the new PS3 titles, but most of them are also available on 360. There are not many exclusives that shine among other systems. Most of them failed. Lair...failure. Warhawk....online only....failure. Heavenly sword...good but too short...another failure. Little Big Planet was recalled once, and a great deal of customers gave up on that title too. Next year you got God of War 3, and Killzone 2 which keeps me going because I HAVE played it and it is really great. Other than that, you got a whole lot of nothing, and it is nobody's fault but Sony. I keep my 60GB PS3, but honestly, it is mostly a blu-ray movie player for me. Recently I acquired a copy of Silent Hill, the first game that genuinely freaked me the hell out. What Sony does not realize, is that backwards compatibility is VERY important, because the current catalog is too shallow. True, most people are trading in the PS2 and all games, but many of them are going 360. Sony is failing. It is sad, but I have to say they are doing it to themselves. They have sequels to already popular games long before they have original titles. I have had my PS3 since January, and only have about 2 games...sad. This system has a great deal of potential, but they are loosing big time to original titles. I know a lot of Sony fan boys who purchased a 360, just for fable. Do the math. Sony once had a great system, but they have abandoned the fan base, and lost touch of what sells. I mean from where I am standing, they have lost all interest in the status of supply and demand. What the hell Sony?

Well, at least they still have Final Fant--- oh, wait...

UPDATE! :D (things bought recently)

1. Bought Call of Duty: World at War Collector's Edition yesterday. I'm a lvl. 20 already (gamertag is GwannaSauna if you want a match)

2. One ticket to Quantum of Solace. I give it an 8/10

3. One Coke Zero

4. One copy of Betty and Veronica Double Digest #165 (I'm not gay, but I'm an Archie comic collector)

5. One pack of Extra Strawberry Banana gum

OK, I'm done now. See ya! :)

B000OYKQBU01_SX420_SCLZZZZZZZ_V2417.jpg

$163.49 - I feel violated...

Oh, but there is a prominent aftermarket for the transfer kit that comes with it... and I'll probably offload my 20GB HDD, too. In fact I just got finished listing the transfer kit on eBay here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250328004459

Oh, and the description...

Hey guys, wanna see an interesting eBay details page for the first time in your life?

Well, that's great, cause I made one! (Move eyes in downward gaze to see it)

Trying to save money and got a super cheap Elite Black 120GB hard drive (or that 60GB one) off eBay only to realize it was just the unit itself and was useless until you got one of these?

-or-

Decided it would be cost effective to buy them both separately rather than go to BestBuy and plop down $163.49 like I did just an hour ago?

-and-

Want more space to put all that RockBand DLC (like me) and the game installs you've been hearing is all the rage for the NXE (again, like me)?

-and-

You want to help a guy (me) who just dropped a week's paycheck ($8.65 and hour, woot!) for a hard drive he may never fill up, ever, and help recoup some of his costs?

-you do?-

All right! Then bid on this thing! I'll promise to get it shipped out the next day (maybe the day after that, I'm only human) via USPS

in one of those sweet manila colored bubble mailers that are all the rage these days.

"What's included" you ask? Well, I'll tell you in bullet points no less!

• That super sweet Hard Drive Transfer Cable that you'll use once then resell on eBay yourself next week.
  • The super awesome Printed-on-Toilet Paper Instruction Manual that tells you how to do it... in FOUR different languages!
  • The all important epic Data Transfer DVD that makes you stare at a nice purple screen for an hour and 15 minutes (use that time to write up your own eBay page, like I'm doing right now)!
  • Includes free DVD sleeve with awesome artwork printed on it.

From one gamer to another, thanks for your business... I really am poor now. Seriously...

Oh, and "legal" stuffs:

Paypal ONLY

Ships to US ONLY

Return Policy: There is none, this thing works, if it doesn't for you maybe you shouldn't have had that elective lobotomy back in '93. Besides, you savy cons out there (not you, of course) would just love sending it back to me for a refund after using it that one time you needed it for and I'll have none of that.

Disclaimer:

I'm not crazy, I'm just having fun with eBay. If you think I'm some sort of irresponsible nut who will never send it to you, you're mistaken. I'm all buisness and I'm honest (maybe a little too honest), don't take my nonchalance too seriously.

Edit:

SOLD! For $42... Yay!

Now selling 20GB HDD. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250328545051&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

4 hours left at time of writing and it's still only a $13.37, but it looks like they quickly go up to the $30-40 range a half an hour before closing. Lets see how this thing does...

Did some stop watch tests on Skate load times with and without the game installed on the hard drive. Really nice since you'll hit the "session loads" constantly, depending on what you're doing you'll trigger it purposefully every 60 seconds to every 4 minutes to never.

Skate

-Session Marker Load Tests:

Desc........................[##HDD]........[##DVD]........[saved]

Short Session Load..........[06sec]........[09sec]........[03sec]

Medium Session Load.........[10sec]........[15sec]........[05sec]

Long Session Load...........[12sec]........[18sec]........[06sec]

-Map Warp Load Tests - Standing Outside Community Center Station...

to "Arena" station..........[08sec]........[13sec]........[05sec]

to "The Res" station........[11sec]........[16sec]........[05sec]

to "City Hall" station......[07sec]........[10sec]........[03sec]

-Session Load Tests - To Outside Community Center Station...

from "Arena" station........[11sec]........[16sec]........[05sec]

from "The Res" station......[10sec]........[16sec]........[06sec]

from "City Hall" station....[10sec]........[16sec]........[06sec]

-Start-up and menu

Dash to Save Selection......[26sec]........[33sec]........[07sec]

Menu to CC Station..........[15sec]........[18sec]........[03sec]

Install size: 6.8GB

Install time: 7-9 minutes

I like it...

Archived