Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
main.jpg

Lets just say my computer doesnt have heat issues anymore

That's a mammoth heatsink. Did you go from a stock fan to that?

And please tell me that after dropping that much on a beastly heatsink you paired it with some Arctic Silver 5.

That's a mammoth heatsink. Did you go from a stock fan to that?

And please tell me that after dropping that much on a beastly heatsink you paired it with some Arctic Silver 5.

Yes I did, the stock fan was probably a few days away from vaporizing. and of course, i had some spare :p

Woke up this morning and decided I wanted to watch Spirited Away... so I did. Revelation time!

I just realized I don't ever watch movies, ever. There are so many DVDs my family has that I've never touched, so I've decided that my time would be better spent catching up rather than just look at random Digg articles for 2 hours per day.

So now I've got multiple podcasts, The Persona 4 Endurance Run, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and now a stack of movies in addition to video games, school work, and work work.

Whooo... maybe I should actually finish the crap I have... I mean, back in January or so my brother and I watched the entire Extra Super Extended cuts of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy together. Just Return of the King alone is 252 minutes long, that's 4 hours and 12 minutes FFS!! I also watched Lawrence of Arabia in two sittings and then The Great Escape (both awesome movies by the way).

Anyway, my guaranteed stack:

Ratatouille

Wall-E (I've seen it in theatres, but not a second time)

Slumdog Millionaire

Tropic Thunder

The Incredibles (my fav Pixar movie, wanna watch again)

May or may not stack:

Pirates of the Caribbean 2

Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Monsters Inc. (my third favorite Pixar movie)

Finding Nemo (my fourth)

I should watch these again sometime:

The Great Escape

Lawrence of Arabia

Dirty Harry

Also, when is the Gran Torino DVD gonna come out?

Oh god, this is just reminding me of all the media failures I've had. Books, movies, games, TV shows... awwww gawd.

Books: LotR (read all the way 'til book 4 of 6), Harry Potter (got up to #5), Musashi (half way), Battle Royale (half way), My 30 Year War (half way), Bone (20% perhaps), Yotsuba&! Manga.

Games: Mass Effect, The Witcher, Mirror's Edge, The Sims *cough*, Fallout 3, Zeno Clash, CoD:WaW on PC, Baja EoC, Dark Sector, Lost Odyssey, GTA4 TLaD on 360 (This is really ones I'm "working on" now)

Movies: (Other than the above mentioned, I would like to see more Miyazaki films)

TV: Avatar (I got to the first "funny" episode and was pretty much repulsed after the awesome first couple episodes), House (used to be a big fan, just stopped), ... you know what, I don't care that much for TV shows. Though now I just remembered I think I skipped a few episodes of Full Metal Alchemist... which I watched 5 years ago... This is killing me.

Summer vacation - Please grant me the strength to complete at least a small proportion of these works.

:words: :words: :words:

Do you actually enjoy and learn anything from doing all of this? Or are you merely a consumer of culture? Too busy gorging yourself to actually taste what you are eating?

/Serious Question

I find that a lot of people are in the same situation where they feel they must "catch up" with their peers but do not actually take anything away from the books they read, movies they watch, or music they listen to.

EDIT: I realize how much of an ******* this makes me sound like but I promise you i was actually trying to gauge how you viewed and digested the various media you are talking about. I have a friend who prides himself on having listened to all of Dmitri Shostakovich's symphonies at least once (that's more than a dozen 45-60 minute symphonies) but he can't really tell me what he learned from doing so

Do you actually enjoy and learn anything from doing all of this? Or are you merely a consumer of culture? Too busy gorging yourself to actually taste what you are eating?

/Serious Question

I find that a lot of people are in the same situation where they feel they must "catch up" with their peers but do not actually take anything away from the books they read, movies they watch, or music they listen to.

I watched Lawrence of Arabia and loved it... I don't think that's an example of "catch up".

Edit:

EDIT: I realize how much of an ******* this makes me sound like but I promise you i was actually trying to gauge how you viewed and digested the various media you are talking about. I have a friend who prides himself on having listened to all of Dmitri Shostakovich's symphonies at least once (that's more than a dozen 45-60 minute symphonies) but he can't really tell me what he learned from doing so

Nah, it's cool. I'm the kind of person who actually turns on the Classical music radio station that plays here. My bro and I even had a great time - for shizzles and giggles - cruising the town one day with Classical blasting on the car stereo.

I whole, I don't feel like I need to consume them, it's combination of guilt for not finishing what I started, and the feeling that I missed out on something great.

I finished Ratatouille in one sitting last night, from around 11:30pm to 1:30am. Really, really enjoyed it.

I was at a party the other day where this 20 year old was trying to hook up with a 14 year old. He'd been trying for the past few months, and the only thing stopping her was her (thankfully) protective cousin.

I don't think two years is much of an issue.

I was at a party the other day where this 20 year old was trying to hook up with a 14 year old. He'd been trying for the past few months, and the only thing stopping her was her (thankfully) protective cousin.

I don't think two years is much of an issue.

No it's not in the morality of the relationship, it's the fact that adulthood is breathing down my neck, and I know that in 2 years, I won't be ready to graduate... =\

Got another one of these:

31AFAplSxaL._SS400_.jpg

and

41%2Bp2BckboL._SS350_.jpg

for $30 from some dude off craigslist. Don't have my guitar out here so figure I can either ship this stuff home at the end of the summer or just sell it off.

I was at a party the other day where this 20 year old was trying to hook up with a 14 year old.

Sounds like my last Friday night...my 17 year old little sister (not really my sister) was flirting with a 24 year old. Not his fault...at first. But he knew how old she was and decided he wanted to flirt back. I made her sister take her home and was about 3 words from dragging the guy and his friend (who is one of my friends boy-toys) out the front door and beating them with a fire hydrant top.

Good times, especially since now everyone's giving me **** about not liking the guys. Maybe I should have posted this in Very Bad Things.:indif:

Archived